SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

I'm calling it right now. Given everything that I've seen and read about him, I'm sure he will be our best player for the next four years. Maybe the best ever.

Yeah, I just said that. Just wait.

Sorry dude, that is just soooooo freaking ridiculous to say. 16 years old?

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

Like I originally said, that's a bold statement.

I'm a bold man. I don't piddle around with no child's play.

Hmmm...and apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players that the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

I agree it was very bold but this last sentance confuses me. Astronomically and low are complete opposites

They aren't complete opposites when one is used as an intensifier. It's the equivalent of saying it's "very cold." In a easier to comprehend context, if you shot off into space in a rocket there is an astronomically low chance of hitting a star.

as'tro·nom'i·cal·ly adv. - Of enormous magnitude; immense:

i.e. - equivalent to an extremely low chance that Burkhead exceeds the production of our best players.

Keep going to your English classes.... :)

The words are used right pertaining to astronomically and low, but the wording in the sentence doesn't make sense. That's why it didn't sound right. It should go something like this.

Hmmm...and your're apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players, because that fact would allow you to realize the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

There, that sounds much better and makes sense. A few of you should keep going to english class... :)

I'm calling it right now. Given everything that I've seen and read about him, I'm sure he will be our best player for the next four years. Maybe the best ever.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

Hmmm...and apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players that the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

I agree it was very bold but this last sentance confuses me. Astronomically and low are complete opposites

They aren't complete opposites when one is used as an intensifier. It's the equivalent of saying it's "very cold." In a easier to comprehend context, if you shot off into space in a rocket there is an astronomically low chance of hitting a star.

i.e. - equivalent to an extremely low chance that Burkhead exceeds the production of our best players.

The words are used right pertaining to astronomically and low, but the wording in the sentence doesn't make sense. That's why it didn't sound right. It should go something like this.

Hmmm...and your're apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players, because that fact would allow you to realize the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

There, that sounds much better and makes sense. A few of you should keep going to english class... :)

Whoops. Serves me right for Huskerboarding during lecture.

I think I probably should have said: Hmmm...and apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players and the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

:yeah:clap:clap:clap:restore

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

:yeah:clap:clap:clap:restore

:laughpound:laughpound:yeah

Hahaha, I think you might want to leave the English analysis to someone else.

Hmmm...and your're(you're) apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players, because that fact would allow you to realize the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will(would) best them all.

That's all, I think...subjunctives, people...

Hmmm...and your're(you're) apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players, because that fact would allow you to realize the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will(would) best them all.

:yeah:dumdum

Cliff Notes:

I was corrected for a purported mistake (that "astronomically low" is improper.)

I replied smugly, and a subsequent poster pointed out that a crucial word (unrelated to the earlier "astronomically low" dispute) was missing. That poster also was smug.

That smug poster, much like myself, also committed a typo. Yikes.

We all lose.

Back to class. :)

(for those keeping score)

Enhance89 -1 (points out an error...but it's the wrong one.)

carlfense -1 (arrogantly refers to a dictionary, ignores larger error in sentence formation)

C N Red -1 (smugly corrects larger error in original sentence, commits several errors in own post.)

I think we should all give up. Haha.

Cliff Notes:

I was corrected for a purported mistake (that "astronomically low" is improper.)

I replied smugly, and a subsequent poster pointed out that a crucial word (unrelated to the earlier "astronomically low" dispute) was missing. That poster also was smug.

That smug poster, much like myself, also committed a typo. Yikes.

We all lose.

Back to class. :)

(for those keeping score)

Enhance89 -1 (points out an error...but it's the wrong one.)

carlfense -1 (arrogantly refers to a dictionary, ignores larger error in sentence formation)

C N Red -1 (smugly corrects larger error in original sentence, commits several errors in own post.)

I think we should all give up. Haha.

I'm not going to lie, I don't have a clue what have the words in your posts mean.

so what do you think? do you think he redshirts? there's a log jam at rb, if thats what he's going to play. I could see him in the special teams maybe but i think that kind of wastes a year of eligibility.

I think if the coaches plan to keep him at RB then he will probably redshirt. If he's as special as hoped then I don't think they'd burn a redshirt for special teams and backup duty.

If they move him to defense (SS I'd guess) then they might be a little more likely to not redshirt him.

(this is strictly my opinion, I have no info on it whatsoever)

so what do you think? do you think he redshirts? there's a log jam at rb, if thats what he's going to play. I could see him in the special teams maybe but i think that kind of wastes a year of eligibility.

There is only a logjam if he isn't better than those already on the roster. Other than Castille and Helu, I am not sure that is the case. I am impressed with what Ward and Okafor have shown this year so far, but it is possible that Rex is better than them all and gets in the rotation as the third back. If Helu really breaks out this year and becomes the undisputed #1 option we all think he is, is it out of the realms of possibilities that Rex comes in and earns a co-#2 spot with Castille? The staff sure liked the co-#1 option last year naming Castille, Helu, and Lucky at that spot for most of the year.