SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

so what do you think? do you think he redshirts? there's a log jam at rb, if thats what he's going to play. I could see him in the special teams maybe but i think that kind of wastes a year of eligibility.

There is only a logjam if he isn't better than those already on the roster. Other than Castille and Helu, I am not sure that is the case. I am impressed with what Ward and Okafor have shown this year so far, but it is possible that Rex is better than them all and gets in the rotation as the third back. If Helu really breaks out this year and becomes the undisputed #1 option we all think he is, is it out of the realms of possibilities that Rex comes in and earns a co-#2 spot with Castille? The staff sure liked the co-#1 option last year naming Castille, Helu, and Lucky at that spot for most of the year.

He is an outstanding slot receiver as well

man its impressive how tough he is to bring down.... seeing that clip of him playing basketball.... he not very big at all.

I think it's easy to look at Rex and fixate on his physical talent, but I have a suspicion, based only on what I have seen and read on boards, that his total contributions will be larger than that. Anyone who has played competitive sports for any length of time has likely experienced THAT player who seems to elevate everyone else around them by their play and their attitude. Rex may well not be the best RB we have in our stable, esp. if we snag Green's 5* brother. But he WILL see the field and I think he'll make his team better by his presence.

Even if it sounds like it, I don't really have a man-crush on this kid and I hope I'm not building him up too much, but he definitely seems like a rare find.

:nanalama

Does anybody think he'll wear #20 next year?

I hope so :dunno

Well the only ones on the current roster with #20 are

20 Dean, Jase CB 6-0 185 RFr. Bridgeport, Neb. (Bridgeport)

20 Kunalic, Adi PK 6-0 190 Jr. Fort Worth, Texas (North Crowley)

If he wants that number, it looks possible.

• 1 month later...

looks like he went with 22 instead

looks like he went with 22 instead

Thats my Number. Good choice by him. But with Adi changing numbers in would have been open to him

• 1 month later...

Well, it sounds like Mr. Burkhead is making his way up the ladder. I'm hearing legendary things coming out of Nebraska news. Tear it up Rex!!! :thumbs

Trying hard not to gush about a kid who hasn't played a snap of D-1 ball yet, but dang.......

Well, it appears that Rex has taken over the number 2 spot at the moment due to Castille's removal from the team. I hate to see someone kicked off as it effects the whole team but I am happy for Rex none the less.

• 2 weeks later...