Tom Osborne flashback from si

Great Article! I loved it.

I remember reading it at the time it first came to print, and reading it again brings a tear to my eye. Nebraska Cornhuskers of 1994 had so much on their minds and had to go through so much on their way to a National Championship.

Tommy Frazier goes down with a blood clot in his leg, Brook Berringer has a collapsed lung and still plays through the Wyoming game... So much more...

Nebraska took the "We Refuse To Lose" Motto and came 1:16 or Wide Left, however you look at it, and took 1994 as "Unfinished Business". There was just a feeling in 1994 that somehow, someway Nebraska was going to do it. I remember watching the 1995 Orange Bowl in my parents living room with all the relatives there and they were talking about how 1971 was so long ago. When NBC cut to a commercial I grabbed my "ghetto-blaster" and cued up the song by Queen. I came upstairs and nobody knew I had even left because they were glued to the TV, and saw the screen just as Costa was sacked. Then he steps back and is smothered in a sack again. Just as the announcers were explaining "1 more play between Nebraska and a National Championship", I turned up the volume and took it off of pause just as Costa released the ball and got chills. Moss intercepted the ball and everybody went nuts. I stepped out onto my parents porch and people were shooting off fireworks like it was the 4th of July.

From time to time, I still watch my video of the game on that night and the "Finished Business" Video

I remember praying over and over to God, "Please, please, please!" before the fourth quarter. After the game, I had such a calm or completely satisfied feeling. We had finally done it. Every Husker fan knew we would win it again in 95'. It's about time we experienced those times again! GBR!!!

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

'95 was the medicine that curred that knot that had settled into my gut after too many losses to Oklahoma and too many losses in games that snatched the NC away from the Huskers. '96 was the fun year, nobody came close and we rubbed all the detractor's noses in the dirt that night in the Fiesta Bowl. '98 told everybody, these NCs were no fluke, Big Red is REAL.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers

EDIT: i realized i had two tabs open, was reading a thread in one, and posted my response in the other. Danica Patrick has nothing to do with Tom Osborne.

but tom osborne has everything to do with EVERYTHING!

ALL HAIL TOM!