Which car should I get???  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Check your insurance costs as well. Some of those cars, Nissan especially, have higher insurance costs because they are expensive to fix if you were to get into a wreck.

Me personally, I like the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP if I had to get into a car again.

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab

what a minute that is what I just bought

YOUR NUTZ!!! I drove the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord yesterday and may drive the Chevy Malibu next weekend. The Camry was a nice car, but was very boring. It felt like a car my parents should be driving or my grandparents. It was very quiet and the 4 cyclinder and 6 cylinder both felt very good and were responsive, but the handling of the car reminded me of a buick type of drive. I would most likely get the 4 cyclinder as the 6 is a little out of my price range fully loaded at $32,000 and some change.

The Honda Accord was a very sporty type of ride and the handling was better to me than the Camry. The controls at the center of the dashboard were confusing though and it would take a long time to get used to them and realize what they all do. The 4 cylinder, while it had more horsepower than the Altima and Camry 4 cylinder, red lined when I tried to get on the interstate with it, mind you I had the air on. The steering was very responsive, but it still felt like something was missing from this car.

Both of these cars were fully loaded with 4 cylinders, leather, navigation, moonroof, premium sound systems, and other bells and whistles. Both cars were around $29,000 which is the same as the Altima. When you read the reviews they are mixed on the Altima, outstanding on the Camry, and good on the Accord.

Right now the cars rank like this for me:

1. Altima-it's a fun car that I find myself comparing all other cars to and my wife feels the same way. The crash rating ties with Camry with 5 stars going to everything, but the rollover which gets a 4 star. Felt the most powerful out of all the 4 cylinders, but had 15 less horsepower than the Accord.

2. Accord-has the sportier driving that we are looking for while still filling that family car need, passenger rear crash test, 3 stars, is a concern when you are going to have children back there!

3. Camry-this car is probably the most reliable out of the three, but for a younger person it just doesn't fit the mold. Great crash test rating though, 5 stars all around with exception to the rollover with 4 stars.

How tall are you? I'm only 5'11" but I find that those Jap cars are way too small for me.

I'm trying to find a luxury car with a lot of head and leg room that gets good mileage. I'd be willing to spend up to $35K for a two-year old car.

Go with the toyota if you don't care about looks!

Been changing oil and tires for the past year at a shop while going to school full time.

I've seen countless toyotas with over 200k on them, and they still run great.

I'm tellin ya BRI, you should look into the Mazda's. Like I mentioned earlier, we bought my wife a Mazda6 last year with the 6cyl and that little sum'bitch will plum get up and haul! The on-ramp we use to get on the interstate near our house has an uphill slope. In my Dodge 1500 (4.7L) I'm lucky if I can hit 75 with the pedal to the floor, the a/c off and a good tail wind. But with my wife's car, I hit 90mph. The only reason it didn't go faster was because I backed off the pedal but still had plenty of room left in the pedal....wait...you're a cop....disregard....I meant 60mph :blink: It's a quick little sporty car, handles great on the road and is good on gas. The back seat has plenty of leg room as well. I bought a OEM style spoiler off of eBay that came painted for $108 and we had her windows tinted.

We found hers at Carmax here locally. It's an 06 (we bought it in 07) that had just over 11K miles on it. The bonus being it was under $18K and came fully loaded: power seats/windows/mirrors/6-speaker stereo w/cd, etc. It also has a feature where we can go from it being a 6 speed automatic transmission to a 6 speed manual.

Might be an option if your wife is wanting a sporty car but is good on gas

I'm 5'8" and they all fit me fine. There have been numerous reviews from people 6'2" and taller that say they all fit them fine. You must be talking about smaller cars than these because they are all mid-sized.

My wife has a Honda Accord and that thing is way too small for my tastes. If I put the front seat back to where I'm comfortable (that means all the way), there is no way a person can sit in the back seat and have their feet on the floor. Even a lot of mid sized cars are too small in my opinion. I think it's only basic courtesy to allow your guests to have proper leg room in the back as well as the front seats. And if there's just an inch and a half or two inches between my head and the ceiling, that doesn't seem right either. But my mind is made up for various reasons that I want a sedan and not a truck or SUV.