Which car should I get???  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see you're considering an Altima . . . I was reading Consumer Reports magazine in the break room at work and they absolutely loved the new Altima. They even ranked it above the Accord . . . which shocked me. I figured CR had a hard-on for foreign rides.

. . . Nissans are American, right?

I see you're considering an Altima . . . I was reading Consumer Reports magazine in the break room at work and they absolutely loved the new Altima. They even ranked it above the Accord . . . which shocked me. I figured CR had a hard-on for foreign rides.

. . . Nissans are American, right?

Well they were originally japanese, but they are built in Kentucky now.................

I'm tellin ya BRI, you should look into the Mazda's. Like I mentioned earlier, we bought my wife a Mazda6 last year with the 6cyl and that little sum'bitch will plum get up and haul! The on-ramp we use to get on the interstate near our house has an uphill slope. In my Dodge 1500 (4.7L) I'm lucky if I can hit 75 with the pedal to the floor, the a/c off and a good tail wind. But with my wife's car, I hit 90mph. The only reason it didn't go faster was because I backed off the pedal but still had plenty of room left in the pedal....wait...you're a cop....disregard....I meant 60mph :blink: It's a quick little sporty car, handles great on the road and is good on gas. The back seat has plenty of leg room as well. I bought a OEM style spoiler off of eBay that came painted for $108 and we had her windows tinted.

We found hers at Carmax here locally. It's an 06 (we bought it in 07) that had just over 11K miles on it. The bonus being it was under $18K and came fully loaded: power seats/windows/mirrors/6-speaker stereo w/cd, etc. It also has a feature where we can go from it being a 6 speed automatic transmission to a 6 speed manual.

Might be an option if your wife is wanting a sporty car but is good on gas

I did see that Mazda is redesigning the 6 after 6 years of the same body style which is nice. It's a nice looking car and it may be something that I look at because it's going to be the fall most likely before I buy something.

Really..

To insure you and Mrs. BRI get pregnant, you should get a sporty two seater.

(Just to cover your bases).

But isn't a nice bench seat in front easier for those amorous occasions?

You want easy?

Getting a Two Seater in this case would be like painting the baby's room pink to insure getting a Boy (or Blue to get a Girl).

Supposedly VW will be releasing the new 2009 Jetta TDI that has 140hp. Four door or wagon. It gets 40mp in the city, 50 on the HWY.

I roll in a '06 4/door D-Ram Quad Cab 34 gal tank.. Bought it brand new with 13 miles on it. Love it but am seriously looking into a gas saver myself. That's how I happen to find out about the Jetta.

Best of luck, BRI