Which car should I get???  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay guys and gals, in a few months I will be replacing the Impala that the wife and I are currently leasing. We are not going to lease again as we plan on buying as we feel that leasing has been a waste of money for us. I have listed some choices in this poll that I am interested in and left an option for another vehicle that you may recommend. We are really doing our homework on this one because with the gas prices you have to be smart about this type of a decision. It has to be a 4 door vehicle, also has to be mid-sized and the engine can either be a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder. Let me know what you think......................I drove an Altima today and absolutely love the car and plan on driving the Camry next Saturday. Price must be $30,000 or less.................

Keep in mind when negotiating that car dealers are absolutely desperate to sell cars right now.

Dont know how you feel about mopar but Dodge will give you a guaranteed locked in gas price of $2.99 for one full year.

Actually I think the locked in price is for 3 years, with a limit of up to the equivilant of the amount of gas the vehicle would take to go 12,000 miles based on the economy rating.

We purchased our first Acura TL in 03:04 model and just recently got an 08 type S. Great car and never a problem other than consumables, brakes, wipers, etc. The standard 08 TL's can be purchased cheaper with the new body style due out in 09.

GBR

Keep in mind when negotiating that car dealers are absolutely desperate to sell cars right now.

Dont know how you feel about mopar but Dodge will give you a guaranteed locked in gas price of $2.99 for one full year.

Actually I think the locked in price is for 3 years, with a limit of up to the equivilant of the amount of gas the vehicle would take to go 12,000 miles based on the economy rating.

yeah, but you lose any factory rebates if you take the gas thing

Yeah, I will definately take that into consideration. I'm going to be a harda$$ when I go in there to get the best deal. The sticker price for the Altima is $29,490, but the thing is loaded to the gills! It's a 2.5 SL model so it's a 4 cylinder, but it has 175 hp which is pretty good for a 4 cylinder and it doesn't handle like one. It has leather, navigation system, moonroof, 6 disc cd changer, XM satellite radio, etc. If I decide on this one I want to negotiate down to around $27,000 at least. Do you think that is too much to get to?

BRI

When I was looking for a new car, I spent hours apon hours doing research and it came down to two choices: 08' Toyota Camry or the 08' Chevy Malibu.

My dad has a 97' Toyota Camry and my sister has a 05' Camry and both love their vehicles. They've never had any huge problems and the only problem that I know my dad has was on his 92' Camry he had before the 97' the automatic windows wouldn't roll down. The new look on the Camry's are nice and they get excellent gas mileage and the price is right. You should go to ToyotaNation.com and there you'll get all of the information from Camry owners and other problems that some have faced. I really like the interior look of the new Camry

The new 08' Chevy Malibus are just sick and they look sharp. You can never go wrong with owning a Chevy. I hear that these new Malibu's get great gas mileage and their price sticker is pretty reasonable. I haven't read too much into this car because by the time I really started liking this car I had just bought a house and now I have to post-pone my car shopping at this point.

My girlfriend drives a 06' Chevy Impala LT and she freakin loves it. I love driving that because it gets great gas mileage, its really smooth, lots of leg and head room. She's hasn't had ANY problems with her car and it's really easy when changing the oil but changing the air filter can be a pain in the ass. It's a great family car and alot of people in this area are driving these bad boys and are trading in their Camry to get a new Impala. I work with a guy who traded in his Camry for the new 07' Impala because it got better gas mileage. South Sioux City's Police Department are driving the new Impalas as well as Sioux City too. Whats really nice with my g/f's Impala is that he tells her tire pressure, how much oil is left, and some other things too.

I've looked into the Altima and what I saw on TV I liked but with the things you want to add to your Altima it'll cost you more for EX: Sunroof, XM, Naviagtion etc..... With the stuff that you can add to an Altima and Maxima you'll get cheaper in a Camry, Malibu, and Impala. The reviews that I've read on the Altima are not that great either. Both the Camry and Impala get better gas mileage than the Altima and they're engines are better.

I would do some more research and find message boards of these cars and see what problems, gas mileage, etc that these people have encoutered.

As for me my Choice would be:

1. Chevy Malibu

2. Toyota Camry

3. Chevy Impala (I don't want the same car as my g/f)

4. Nissan Altima

I HOPE THIS HELPS :woo

Thanks for the info and we have an 06 Chevy Impala now and we get about 30 mpg out of it and it is a V6. The sticker price for the Altima that I listed at $29,490 is with everything you can get. I'm going to go Saturday with the wife and check the Camry out and see what a fully loaded one of those would cost. The Impala is okay, but it's kinda boring because it's only an LT. I'm having a hard time wanting to get a Malibu since we just had the Impala, but I agree they are good looking cars. The Hybrid Malibu's are priced very well though.

You can't go wrong with either the Altima or the Camry but IMO, the camry is the better car. Almost every car is trying to meet the expectations of what the Camry does year after year.

BIGREDIOWAN I would watch some reviews on Youtube.com about these two cars or do a search on Google about these two cars and I'll say about 85% of all reviews will favor the Camry.......GUARANTEED!!!!!

The 07' Camry was Mid-Size Car of the year and this year was the 08' Honda Accord.

I would look at either the Honda Accord and the Camry.......because you can never go wrong with these two companies and the type of products that both make.

Good luck on your choices and hope you have fun driving the Camry on Saturday.

I would go with a Camry.....you cannot go wrong with a Toyota. My wife drives a Corolla and I drive a Tacoma. They both get excellent mileage and all you have to do is put gas and oil into them.

I too was hesitant when it came down to buying a non-American car. I grew up in a family that always bought American....Ford or Chevy. After having a Toyota, you could not give me a Chevy or Ford! There is a reason why GM, Ford, etc are falling behind Toyota....they suck!!!!!

I would go with a Camry.....you cannot go wrong with a Toyota. My wife drives a Corolla and I drive a Tacoma. They both get excellent mileage and all you have to do is put gas and oil into them.

I too was hesitant when it came down to buying a non-American car. I grew up in a family that always bought American....Ford or Chevy. After having a Toyota, you could not give me a Chevy or Ford! There is a reason why GM, Ford, etc are falling behind Toyota....they suck!!!!!

I agree! After looking at these so called "foreign" cars the quality of them is unmatched by Chevy or Ford.