Husker Season predictions

From what I'm reading, the people on this board either think that the talent at Nebraska sucks, or the talent in the rest of the Big 12 is that good. I just don't see it. Yes, The Huskers had a very poor season last year but to think that Nebraska does not have the talent that the rest of the Big 12 has is crazy. I just purchased the Athlons preseason book and in it, it says that the Huskers have NO CHANCE against Va Tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas. They also have the KSU and CU games as could be loses. Other than OU and UT, Nebraska's talent compares to any other team in the conference.

QB- Ganz may not be an NFL prospect but in the Huskers system will be very good.

He has the potential to be one of the top five in the conference

HB- Lucky is on everyone's preseason top list. Add Helu, Castille and if healthy, Kenny Wilson, and the Huskers backfield is second to NONE

Probably the best in the conference

WR- Yes the big names are gone but the players that remain are very underated. Nate Swift has shown the ability to get open and make plays. At 6'4, Peterson is a very reliable threat. Menelik Holt has not played very much but even the commentors from the CU game thought he was Mo Purify. Holt could be special. There's plenty more talent in this group. Both Niles Paul and Chris Brooks were 4 stars coming out of high school and Curenski Gilleylen is as fast as any player in the conference. If the coaches can find a way to use this talent then this could be one of the best postions on the team.

Can be one of the best in the conference

OLine- Should be solid. They lose Carl Nicks but the returners have all been starters at some point. I don't see a weak link in the group

Could be one of the best in the conference

Dline- Underperformed severly last season but has the players to be very good. Ndamukong Suh, Zach Potter, and Kevin Dixon were all 4 stars coming into NU. Barry Turner had a very good season two years ago. He's capable of being pretty good. If they reach their potential, this group at least be average again.

Probably middle of the road but has the talent to be one of the best

Linebackers- The only unknown postion on the team. Phil Dillard is slimmer and should do very well at the middle spot. No one knows if Glenn will be a standout or not but he does have the speed and agility to be very good.

This is the only postion group on the team that won't be near the top of the conference

Seconday- Armando Murrillo, Rickey Thenarse, and Larry Asante were all 4 star prospects coming in to NU. Sanders will have the group looking for the ball in coverage. This group will actually produce turnovers this year.

Could be one of the best in the conference

Kicking- Henery and Titchener are as good as anyone in the conference. Kunalic probably has one of the strongest legs in the nation.

Find a team other than OU or Texas in the Big 12 with more talent than the Huskers. If coaches can bring out the talent, the Huskers will shock many.

If you do not see a weak link on the O-line then you have not watched many Nu games in the past year.

western michigan - 54-7 W

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

So, let me get this straight: we beat VT, Mizzou and KU, lose to OU by 10 and TTech by 14, and then LOSE to KSU by 25? :dunno

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

So, let me get this straight: we beat VT, Mizzou and KU, lose to OU by 10 and TTech by 14, and then LOSE to KSU by 25? :dunno

cant u see the W i kinda put their score infron of ours on accident...

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

Although I think every game is winnable, the games at TT and OU will be awfully tough.

The offense should be very good and if the D is any better than last year (how could it be any worse) I could easily see us with a 10 win season.

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

Then what about TTech? We beat them also? That is the scariest game on the schedule, IMO.

san jose state - 48-10 W

nm state - 42-6 W

vt - 27-24 W

missouri - 35-33 W

tt - 14- 28 W

isu - 35-0 W

baylor - 56-0 W

ou - 14-24 L

ku - 28-17 W

ksu - 10-35 W

cu - 24-17 W

Big 12 Championship Game

ut - 21-24 L

Cotton Bowl

tennesse - 24-17 W

SEASON RECORD - 12-2

RANKED #11 in AP

Then what about TTech? We beat them also? That is the scariest game on the schedule, IMO.

yeah i think we beat them cause Bo knows a thing or two against passing teams...also if we can get pressure on harrel i think the game is over...

In my opinion, VT, mizzou and kansas are all games that i strongly believe we can win. TT and oklahoma aren't unbeatable by any means, but it will take all we have to shut them down . I know our boys have the talent they just need the drive and desire.

I wouldn't worry about the drive and desire since Dec 3, the talent or better yet experience and depth maybe a factor