Lucky Starting?

Will Lucky start from day one?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think he'll start either. But I think they'll end up being like Williams and Brown were at Auburn last year. It really didn't matter who started because they both played about the same amount and both were dominant.

I like that comparison. Ronnie Brown's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield when he was in made that offense a lot better; and if the coaches can implement Lucky in that way he'll be very effective.

I don't think that he will start but I think that he will see some playing time right away. I would like to see Ross get around 15 carries a game, Jackson getting 5, and Lucky getting about 3-5 carries with about that many receptions a game.

I agree . I think that it will start this way . Corey Ross has alot of heart. Dificult to sit this guy. Lucky to me will be the wildcard. If he starts having good outings his playing time will keep increasing IMO.

You are right on KCHusker

Ross was the only positive on on offense

BC loves this guy

If every player had Ross' heart and guts, maybe we wouldn't have lost a few of the games we lost

Lucky-L. Jackson- B. Jackson will be battling for #2

People who honestly believe that this recruiting class is going to turn things around immediately are fooling themselves......and are sitting themselves up for a hug let-down....

Expecting this class to win immediately is really unfair for the recruits....Be patient and give them time to succeed....They will take us to the top, but it may be a few years.

He will be given every opportunity to start, even though Ross is the best player on the O (minus Herian).

BTW, Evans started after Green was hurt in 96, I think Ahman had turf toe, or a bum ankle, and that was the year he came into fall camp about 15 lbs too heavy.

And Evans had that "pubitis" injury the same year, but he had some real nice games, especially against KSt.

D. Evans was "special" also, and we all know how he turned out. Randy Stella was also "special", but he was dumber than a brick shithouse. Thunder Collins was "special". See a pattern. No one is special until they put on the Red and White and play the game. While I have no doubt he will be a good player, we may all find out that discussion over him starting will be for nothing. Newcombe was supposed to be the next Frazier. A lot of players come in with a lot of hype and never live up to it. Not saying it will happen to Mr. Lucky, but it is within the realm of possibility.

D. Evans was "special" also, and we all know how he turned out. Randy Stella was also "special", but he was dumber than a brick shithouse. Thunder Collins was "special". See a pattern. No one is special until they put on the Red and White and play the game. While I have no doubt he will be a good player, we may all find out that discussion over him starting will be for nothing. Newcombe was supposed to be the next Frazier. A lot of players come in with a lot of hype and never live up to it. Not saying it will happen to Mr. Lucky, but it is within the realm of possibility.

100% correct. For every d. williams or tommie frazier there are 20 kids who don't live up to the hype.

D. Evans was "special" also, and we all know how he turned out.  Randy Stella was also "special", but he was dumber than a brick shithouse.  Thunder Collins was "special".  See a pattern.  No one is special until they put on the Red and White and play the game.  While I have no doubt he will be a good player, we may all find out that discussion over him starting will be for nothing.  Newcombe was supposed to be the next Frazier.  A lot of players come in with a lot of hype and never live up to it.  Not saying it will happen to Mr. Lucky, but it is within the realm of possibility.

100% correct. For every d. williams or tommie frazier there are 20 kids who don't live up to the hype.

I don't remember 20 kids being hyped up in the past ten years.