Sooners' AD is on a 'mission'

Just like the Ruf/Neks situation, the orange-tossing was a tradition. In this case, a tradition Nebraska fans often have practiced when the roles were reversed and a win over the Sooners sent the Cornhuskers bowling in Miami, Fla.

I don't know why everyone points to this as peeing on tradition. The significance of throwing the oranges was that the game between OU and NU was the final game of the season, FINAL, meaning LAST. The winner went on to the Orange Bowl. In 2004, OU still had 1 regular season game, then the conference championship game. There was no guarantee they were going to the Orange Bowl at that point, not by a longshot. In this case, they were f'ing HILLBILLIES.

Regardless of what was going on, the Head Coach should have some class and maturity. Osbourne would never have called them anything that would be considered degrading. NU lost alot of credibility, respect and all tradition under Calaclown and Peterheadson. They were a dam discrace to the university and college football altogether. When time moves on and the stories are told in full, I think everyone will look back and think.... What the hell was going on there, how can people get a way for this kind of crap for 4 years. Just reading this, I thought wow that really did happen, I saw it, and read about it and still can't believe the classless bunch we had here at NU.

I don't think you understand my point. OU fans throwing the oranges was just as ignorant as Callahan calling them hillbillies. What happened first? I believe it was the oranges being thrown. If you were playing in a football games and someone started pelting you with oranges FOR NO DAMN REASON, what would you think of them? The morons throwing the oranges didn't even understand the reason why oranges were thrown, clearly. As much as you and I and many others will try and pawn off bad sportsmanship on the two that are now gone, the OU fans throwing oranges at the end of that game was an incredibly dumb act that was not provoked by being called hillbillies. They were called hillbillies because they were throwing them for no reason, in this, I happen to agree with Callahan, they were acting like hillbillies.

They were called hillbillies because they were throwing them for no reason, in this, I happen to agree with Callahan, they were acting like hillbillies.

oh, there was a reason but it was busch league.

nebraska is far from innocent, but painting billy c. as the prime villain in these past meetings doesn't wash for me either.

callahan's greatest sin beyond his 'tirade' and his throat-slash was not winning those games.

I have always enjoyed our trips to Lincoln, until Callahan. We will welcome you to Norman this year.

what? callahan pull you and your friends out of your car just outside of lincoln city limits and beat you curbside?

how did callahan ruin your experience? was it him or the fans? are you willing to sit with a composite artist describe the man who attacked you?

did he look like this?

post-340-1215729202.jpg

you don't have to live in fear any more! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!

Because of the Big 12's scheduling format, that 2005 contest was the last time the two schools played

Uh....2006 Big 12 Title Game

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea and I'm really looking forward to the fruition of the plan.

:yeah Any word on whether this game will be televised this year?

i am sure that it will be, it has been on TV every year that i can remember

For me, Oklahoma vs Nebraska is THE Rivalry. All the others run a close second. Some people might talk up Michigan vs Ohio State, or Notre Dame vs Navy but being born and raised a Cornhusker Fan that bleeds Scarlet Red, you grew up knowing about the "Battle of the Big Red". I was born the year of the "Game of the Century" 1971. I so greatly miss the rivalry and the tradition. Osborne and Switzer were two men in the heat of battle where they shed blood, sweat and tears out on the field. When the final gone went off it was all about one thing. RESPECT. The players could be seen on the field shaking hands no matter what the score, and The OU vs NU decided who was in the Orange Bowl and who was going to play for a National Championship.

I have had friends from Oklahoma and they are first class and one friend I had named Carl talked about how OU and NU kept helping the other to become better and better. Oklahoma has found it's way back on top, and Nebraska is on it's way back there again.

If we can't have a Oklahoma vs Nebraska game in November, lets bring the programs back so it's the Big XII Championship year after year.

I have always enjoyed our trips to Lincoln, until Callahan. We will welcome you to Norman this year.

what? callahan pull you and your friends out of your car just outside of lincoln city limits and beat you curbside?

how did callahan ruin your experience? was it him or the fans? are you willing to sit with a composite artist describe the man who attacked you?

did he look like this?

post-340-1215729202.jpg

you don't have to live in fear any more! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!

You should be so proud!

Those games were so full of emotions, you were either yelling in joy, or had your face in your hands. How many times did that one game make or break a season. I miss those times. I think we are on our way back, just a feeling I have since TO & Bo got back there.

GBR!!! :woo:corndance