QB Josh Freeman

Benard

I believe he is going to Norman for Bedlam which is the weekend of the 25th. I believe it is a unofficial as well.

Don't read too much into it. He's been to Lincoln for 2 camps as a junior and senior, plus the NUMEROUS unofficials he has been on. Count that in with how he has tried to recruit numerous players to Nebraska and he is just a little over a month from enrolling in college and I tend to think it's nothing.

I mean, it's not even worth front page news on either Nebraska recruiting site. I wonder why?

Husker recruit Freeman to visit Oklahoma

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Nebraska quarterback recruit Josh Freeman said Sunday he's "still 100 percent committed" to the Huskers despite planning a visit this month to Oklahoma.

Freeman, the 6-foot-6, 230-pound senior at Grandview High School in Kansas City, Mo., who pledged to NU in June, said nothing has changed about his plan to start school at NU in less than two months.

At the urging of OU coaches, Freeman said he will watch the Sooners host Oklahoma State on Nov. 26.

"We just want to check it out," he said.

His father, Ron Freeman, will also make the trip to Norman. In addition to the Oklahoma campus, they want to see OSU wide receiver Seth Newton, a friend of the younger Freeman. Newton is a redshirt freshman from Girard, Kan., whose father played football at Pittsburg State (Kan.) several years before Ron Freeman.

The Sooners recently intensified their interest in Freeman as they try to add depth behind redshirt freshman starter Rhett Bomar. OU has received an oral commitment from QB Sam Bradford of Oklahoma City among its highly rated class of recruits.

Freeman said he has not told the Nebraska coaches of his planned trip but that he would have no problem sharing the information with recruiting coordinator Scott Downing.

The Huskers are not known to have pursued any quarterbacks for the recruiting class of 2006 since Freeman committed more than five months ago. Freeman, after enrolling at NU to start classes Jan. 9, would begin practice in March.

The burning Saturday of Harrison Beck's redshirt would ensure that Freeman enter next season as the only freshman quarterback on scholarship.

Freeman completed his senior season Wednesday in Grandview's 40-13 loss to Lee's Summit West in a Class 4 Missouri sectional game. He said he finished the year with 2,894 yards passing and 32 touchdowns.

From: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2065756

SIDE NOTE: Fat Travis said that he saw Freeman wearing a Mizzou shirt at the NU-Mizzou game.

I hope that Josh thinks about a couple things. OU has got a very good HS qb in their class for this year. Becks redshirt is history. He would be the only freshman QB we have. Regardless of what some people want, Calli isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Look past the smoke and mirrors Josh. First choice is usually the correct one. Lincoln is the place for you.

We almost have to pursue other options right now at QB regardless of the word we gave to Freeman.

We've kept our word for over 5 months that if he commited, we would recruit no others at QB. We have kept our side of the bargain, but now Josh is considering other options. It's almost a slap in the face to us.

The one guy who might benefit the most from this -- Nathan Enderle.

We almost have to pursue other options right now at QB regardless of the word we gave to Freeman.

We've kept our word for over 5 months that if he commited, we would recruit no others at QB. We have kept our side of the bargain, but now Josh is considering other options. It's almost a slap in the face to us.

The one guy who might benefit the most from this -- Nathan Enderle.

Very true. We agreed that we wouldn't go after another QB. Josh is not keeping his end. The fact that he had not said anything to our coaches about his Norman visit tells me allot. Unless it really is no big deal to him.