QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Well I hope he has fun going to a school that hasn't won anything.... EVER.  He's just gunna get smacked around by the blackshirts in the next couple years.  Maybe he realized Beck was too good for him and decided to take the easy way out of some real competition.

there's a possibility. freeman did watch our team practice and probably got to watch harrison in action and could have realized that he wouldnt see much playing time. its ok. next year's QB recruiting is already on the way so we will not be in bad shape at all.

Zero respect for this guy anymore.

If somehow he were to change his mind before LOI day and want to come back to Nebraska, I hope BC shoves the middle finger in his face and tells him to go f*** himself.

For over 6 months the coaching staff at Nebraska had kept true to their word and had not recruited ANY other QB's in this class. Josh said that's all it would take and he would commit and be 100%.

Now for BC to recruit this guy for 2 years and for some guy to walk into his living room and get him after just a few days?

Josh, the Husker Nation could've loved you. Hell, they could've still loved you if you were just honest with us about your recruiting. But the constant lies and smoke you've given us? You lost ALOT of fans.

If I had known this is the type of guy Freeman is, I would've wanted no part of him no matter what his ranking may be.

Let me tell you something about Josh Freeman, and I mentioned this in my last post on here. The kid is SOFT, he let his dad make this decision for him, I guarantee it. I watched this kid at the KC awards ceremony for the best high school players, and he received the award, walked up to the stage and about fainted because he was so nervous. Are we sure this is the type of mentality we want at quarterback? Or do we want someone confident like Beck? And yes, Freeman does have a chance to play right away at K-State because Prince will install a drop-back passing game, more suitable to Freeman than Meyer, Everidge, and Webb. I'm telling you, Prince is a talker, he talked the talk and got Freeman to walk to walk.

now we know what it feels like to lose a big time commitment. just like missouri felt when chris brooks decommitted to come to NU last year, and minnisota felt when lydon murtha decided at the last minute to come to NU

at least he is not a dual threat qb that can run (brad smith type) he will see the fury of the black shirts and realize that he made a mistake.

if people dont want to be huskers then the hell with them. i only want people on the team that want to be huskers, have the heart to be huskers, and have the desire to excell

now we have just another reason to hate KSU even more.

i predict probation for ncaa violations in the future for KSU.

Does anyone know if the rumor about Freeman sending a text message to Callahan about not coming?

I heard that he sent a text message that said something like:

"We're not coming, don't call"

I don't know the validity of this but I thought I heard someone say Jim Rose said it on a radio show.

If this is true, that is pretty much the most pathetic and sad thing I have ever heard.

Its true, he did send that text message. Go ahead Josh, act like a little girl and dont stand up for your actions. I believe in a thing called karma, and when you single handedly cripple a team's chance to recruit a qaurterback, you better believe you have some bad karma coming back at you... at least once a year for the next four years. See you in Lincoln.

wow, what a way to sack up and tell someone that you had a change of heart. i'm sure that daddy had a part in it. he will be the type that when the pressure is on and he throws an int he will blame everyone but himself.

maybe there was a reason that he was listed as one of the top TE prospects for the longest time.

does anyone know if daddy was from KSU?

Does anyone know if the rumor about Freeman sending a text message to Callahan about not coming?

I heard that he sent a text message that said something like:

"We're not coming, don't call"

I don't know the validity of this but I thought I heard someone say Jim Rose said it on a radio show.

If this is true, that is pretty much the most pathetic and sad thing I have ever heard.

I would be interested to see if this is actually true or not. I will have to do some digging.

He is a big time recruit, and we lost him....... not the end of the world...

I remeber being disappointed when Odell James didn't come to town, or when Curt Dukes left......oops..... how did they pan out ???

He probably will be very good, but he'll meet a "fire-storm" when he arrives in Lincoln 2 yrs. from now.....

And hell, text message..... did he think he was breaking up with his girlfriend :wtf

This shows the maturity and integrity of this guy..... maybe not a "born-leader" that a qb should be?

I don't blame KSU..... it is Prince's job to get recruits (can't fault a guy for doing his job).... I definatley don't blame BC..... He was bieng honest with the kid, when he told him that Freeman would enjoy the next "5 1/2 years" at NU...... thus meaning a "redhirt" was a probability...... BC is being honest, not promising things he can't deliver.... :restore2