QB Josh Freeman

Benard

I would be interested to see if this is actually true or not. I will have to do some digging.

Apparently it is true that he sent a text message to the coaches that he had developed a relationship with over nearly the past year.

Change your mind. OK great, but letting them know like that is busch league, Josh. Busch league.

well, once again, we see how "kids" can act, but hell wouldn't you think his parents would teach him some integrity? the way he decommitted is a direct reflection upon how he was raised.......piss-poor values......no respect for the institution, etc.

i am sure he will have an opportunity to play in Prince's offense sooner than he would have here, but the way he handled this just sucks.....maybe out D-line can teach him some respect when he gets on the field with us...i can't wait.....i think he has made a terrible mistake, in how he handled this.....now we also know what Prince is capable of too.....Hawkins may be next, watch out Seth!

hunter

I understand what some people are saying about this just being a highly rated recruit and we lost him. I agree that it happens all the time.

But it is the circumstances that surrounded it that makes it a little out of the ordinary.

Like everytime you would get a quote out of Freeman it would be "I am 100% committed to Nebraska" or the fact that he committed way back in like June.

Then all of a sudden, without much warning, not only does he decide to decommit, but then choses another school (in our same division) right after/maybe before.

I'm not really upset that he isn't coming, I'm more upset at how the whole situation was handled. And if there is any truth to the whole text message thing, the whole situation is just plain pathetic.

the latest article in the journal star this evening quotes Freeman as saying "he would hate to go to NU and redshirt his first year." hell, the little twit knew that when they recruited him last summer and he comitted then! give this one to Ron Prince, who spent 7 hours talking him into this......, boy this kid is going to be on his butt alot if he starts for KSU next year.......and after watching Beck come in this year, he had to know he wasn't going to learn the WCO in his freshman year and play.......no, this was a snow-job by Ron Prince......we now have a new reason to hate KSU for at least the next 4 years......and Ron Prince too! if we ever get the chance to hang 70 on K-state i will be the first to cheer for every point!

hunter

I wonder how much of a role his parents played in this decision. Maybe to keep their little one close to home. I hope this is not one of the reasons. If so shame on the parents (cut the umbilical cord).

This tells a lot about his character and intregrity. Him taking the dishonorable way out with a message, tells something about the decision. Be a man, look people in the eye. Tell those who put in so much time and energy into your recruitment, and those who you gave false commitments to that this is your decision. That you changed your mind, fine; but do it the honorable way.

I hope daddy has a good time watching Junior get mauled by the Blackshirts. I wonder if Daddy will carry Josh's books to class for him, pick his major for him, and arrange a good wife for him to marry. Football will be tough for Josh because games are played on Saturdays, so he will not be able to home every weekend to do his laundry.

that is normal, will have to just see if they stand their ground....unless they are easily swayed, they do not have the same reasons to decomitt like Josh did..incidently that "strong feeling and feeling of energy" that Josh felt...was nothing more than Prince blowing smoke up his a$$! ah youth.....

hunter