QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Freeman spent the last 2 days in Lincoln and attended the award banquet and hung out with Harrison Beck, Zac Taylor, Frantz Hardy and Tomerlin. He also saw the team practice for the Alamo bowl game and spent some time with the recruits intown as well

He's already go this dorm, and classes assigned. dedhoarse ...holy crap, I've never used that before

Guys I'm a little worried about Ron Prince, the guy is a very confident, articulate young coach. If you heard this guy during his first press conference, you would be lying if you said you weren't impressed with how he handles himself. I just hope he convince Freeman too much. Freeman is a very shy, quiet kid that never has much to say, and hopefully his dad is looking out for him come this weekend.

Guys I'm a little worried about Ron Prince, the guy is a very confident, articulate young coach. If you heard this guy during his first press conference, you would be lying if you said you weren't impressed with how he handles himself. I just hope he convince Freeman too much. Freeman is a very shy, quiet kid that never has much to say, and hopefully his dad is looking out for him come this weekend.

Well don't be....he's a Huskers

Not even 2 weeks. More like 3,4 days. Besides, KSU hasn't even hired an offensive or defensive coordinator. If Josh wants to decommit and go to a school that doesn't even have an offensive coordinator, let alone what type of offense they plan on running and a coach who is taking on his first head coaching job, then let him. The Huskers will be fine if he decides to decommit. Freeman doesn't make or break this class regardless. I am pretty sure he won't decommit, but if he does do it out of the blue..good luck to him because he's going to need it at Kansas St

josh is one of my favorite husker commits, and one that could really turn into one of my biggest enemies if he decides to turn purple which I doubt will happen...so stay red josh!!! 2 years recruited compared to 4 days doesn't make much sense to me, no comparison...sounds stupid to even go with an in home visit knowing how soon he planned to be N officially...

Sounded to me like it was more to please his dad than anything. Plus, I can't blame Ron Prince for doing the in-home either. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing it.

BTW, did Josh really say in a Rivals update 'purple is for sissies'? If he did, he just became one of my favorite nebraska players already! :)

Sounded to me like it was more to please his dad than anything. Plus, I can't blame Ron Prince for doing the in-home either. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing it.

BTW, did Josh really say in a Rivals update 'purple is for sissies'? If he did, he just became one of my favorite nebraska players already! :)

I hope he did!!! that would be hilarious... :lol:

owh.gif

Freeman still headed to Huskers

Ron Prince came and went Tuesday night, but nothing changed as far as Josh Freeman's intentions to come to Nebraska.

Ron Freeman, the quarterback's father, told NU assistant coach Scott Downing as much not long after Prince's hour visit to the Freeman home in Grandview, Mo.

"We had a nice visit with coach Prince and he's a great guy, and as we told coach Downing we're still committed to Nebraska," said Ron Freeman. "Anybody who's ever quoted what Josh has said, he's always said he's committed to Nebraska."

Prince recently was named head coach at Kansas State. Josh Freeman met with Prince at the request of his father, who said Prince would "be a great guy to talk to."

"I think it's always good for a kid to see an up-and-coming guy and see what his philosophies are," Ron Freeman said. "He was impressive. As he left he thanked us for letting him come over and said, 'I appreciate the opportunity to talk to your son.'"

Despite that conversation and continuing interest from Missouri, Ron Freeman said Josh still is headed for Nebraska in January. Josh Freeman will be enrolled for the spring semester and sign in February.

That's the ticket

Nebraska's ticket sales for the Alamo Bowl are at 11,500 and counting, Athletic Director Steve Pederson said Tuesday.

The Huskers already had sold their allotment of 10,800 and requested more for the Dec. 28 game against Michigan in San Antonio. Pederson estimated that Nebraska, with others attending from the Texas area, could have 15,000 to 20,000 fans at the Alamodome.

NU sold 25,594 tickets for the Rose Bowl after the 2001 season and 14,956 for the Fiesta Bowl after the 1999 season. But other figures have been 7,402 for the 2003 Alamo Bowl, 3,532 for the 2002 Independence Bowl and 8,873 for the 2000 Alamo Bowl.

Gill watch

Turner Gill was in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday and would stay today as he interviews for the University of Buffalo head coaching job, according to the Buffalo News.

The former Nebraska quarterback and assistant coach already had met with Buffalo Athletic Director Warde Manuel last week in Detroit. The school is looking to replace Jim Hofher after a 1-10 season.

According to the Buffalo News, the school also has talked with Michigan assistant coach Andy Moeller. Gill, 43, is in his first season at Green Bay as the Packers' director of player development and an offensive assistant.

Buffalo plays in the Mid-American Conference with Ohio University, where former NU head coach Frank Solich recently completed his first season