Kody Spano - 7

Baker Steinkuhler - 55

Brandon Thompson - 79

Quentin Toailoa - 50

Mason Wald - 22

Lester Ward - 14

Alonzo Whaley - 45

Josh Williams - 17

Man, I thought #28 would've been a great number for Compton - I believe it was his HS number according to Scout, and heck 28 is a cool number for a linebacker to have :) 51 is so...common and boring. y'know?

On the other hand, there's plenty of random numbers in our receiver corps. It's weird...we got so few normal receiver numbers (by that I mean 80-89). Yeah, the 10-19 numbers aren't uncommon, but it just strikes me as odd:

Todd Peterson - #17

Chris Brooks - #1

Menelik Holt - #4

Niles Paul - #24

Curenski Gilleylen - #11

Tim Marlowe - #21

Cortney Osborne - #12, Steven Osborne - #26 (I'm not sure if they both play receiver)

Lester Ward - #14 (Not sure what he plays)

Nate Swift #87

Huh.

Baker Steinkuhler is the new double nickel!

What do you guys think, is he going to redshirt this year? I'd say on the O-line almost certainly. It would make sense for him to play this year though if he's on the D-line.

Man, I thought #28 would've been a great number for Compton - I believe it was his HS number according to Scout, and heck 28 is a cool number for a linebacker to have :) 51 is so...common and boring. y'know?

On the other hand, there's plenty of random numbers in our receiver corps. It's weird...we got so few normal receiver numbers (by that I mean 80-89). Yeah, the 10-19 numbers aren't uncommon, but it just strikes me as odd:

Todd Peterson - #17

Chris Brooks - #1

Menelik Holt - #4

Niles Paul - #24

Curenski Gilleylen - #11

Tim Marlowe - #21

Cortney Osborne - #12, Steven Osborne - #26 (I'm not sure if they both play receiver)

Lester Ward - #14 (Not sure what he plays)

Nate Swift #87

Huh.

Baker Steinkuhler is the new double nickel!

What do you guys think, is he going to redshirt this year? I'd say on the O-line almost certainly. It would make sense for him to play this year though if he's on the D-line.

I noticed that too. 55 is a defensive number. Yeah, it can be on the other side, but this just screams DT to me for some reason.

I noticed that too. 55 is a defensive number. Yeah, it can be on the other side, but this just screams DT to me for some reason.

DUH

doc44ad9828ca98d023977806.jpg

yah, you have got to think that number is not an accident. the son of a revered husker taking the number of a near legendary husker.

does this make jason peter baker's patron?