Returned from Iraq, now at Iowa State

Well, as some of you might now, I am in the Air Force and spent Jan - May in Balad, Iraq. I had a great time, probably one of the best experiences of my life, but I am glad to be back home with my family.

I recently changed assignments, moving from Charleston AFB, to Ames, Iowa. I'll be teaching at the University in the Air Force ROTC program. I'll be here probably around 3 years.

I'm excited; I love teaching, and most of all, I love being back in Big 12 country. I'll get to view more Big 12 games on TV, as well as attend some Nebraska games (in Lincoln where I am from), as well as some ISU games here on campus.

I already purchased 3 tickets here at ISU. They had a special $99 deal that I couldn't pass up.

I get:

Kent State at Iowa State

Nebraska at Iowa State

Missouri at Iowa State

It'll be weird; the only other Big 12 game I've been to live is the Big 12 Championship between K-State and Oklahoma... Still, I can't wait to cheer for my Huskers again!

Did I say I was excited? GO BIG RED!

First..I would like to thank you so much for serving our country:) I am happy that you are back home & with your family and friends. You will be making more friends in your move to Iowa & the football tickets you got are great:) You will have alot of fun:) Congrats and Welcome Home:)

I recently changed assignments, moving from Charleston AFB, to Ames, Iowa. I'll be teaching at the University in the Air Force ROTC program. I'll be here probably around 3 years.

teaching military sciences? are you an officer or an NCO?

Again, welcome back. You will enjoy Iowa State --- it is an excellent institution and you will love the people --- a great mix of good old fashioned bright, hard-working rural people from the heartland (or, at least near the true heartland of Nebraska) and many motivated scholars from around the world.

Enjoy it there --- and it is good to hear that you will keep the primary allegiance to the "real Big Red" --- Nebraska!

Again, welcome back. You will enjoy Iowa State --- it is an excellent institution and you will love the people --- a great mix of good old fashioned bright, hard-working rural people from the heartland (or, at least near the true heartland of Nebraska) and many motivated scholars from around the world.

I always enjoyed my time there. (Except for a summer spent in a dorm without air conditioning.) Nice looking campus and nice looking co-eds.