Any of yall getting a LITTLE nervous about the '09 class?

As I've said before, you've got to remember that there isn't a ranking for the moment a kid is pulled into the coach's office and told that the two running backs in front of him just went down with season-ending knee injuries. He's now the starter, a freshman, and the team is looking to him to carry the load. How does he respond? Does he fold under the pressure or catch fire and explode? Asking a rivals analyst this question is like asking him who's going to win the lotto next week.

Football isn't as simple as forty times and squat numbers. There's a lot of things that can't be quantified.

Jason Peter said in his interview a couple weeks ago on The Jim Rome show that the reason Nebraska was dominating was because they wanted it more and were willing to be coached, not because they were the most athletic team. He also said that Nebraska didn't ever have very high ranked recruiting classes, they just made up for it with walkons who were relentless and the whole team worked harder than any other team they played. When asked about what stars meant next to a kids name he said "I don't care, I....don't...care. Stars don't mean anything. It's just someone's opinion."

I feel the same.

The star ranking system does not tell you what kind of player that he will be by the time he's a junior or senior. It only tells how he is NOW at the end of his H.S. career. A 5 star means that he's probably able to contribute right away right after high school. It doesn't mean that he's a prospective 1st round pick.

At least that's my take on it.....

The star ranking system does not tell you what kind of player that he will be by the time he's a junior or senior. It only tells how he is NOW at the end of his H.S. career. A 5 star means that he's probably able to contribute right away right after high school. It doesn't mean that he's a prospective 1st round pick.

Words of wisdom.

Sherman started at A&M in December just as Pelini did

Sherman inherited a team that played in a bowl game last year and beat Texas. For some kids that was the only game that mattered.

I'm pretty sure Sherman hired Pelini at Green Bay if none of you are Green Bay fans like I am. They both started at the Bay in 2000. But as some have alluded to, I'd find it much easier to be a former NFL Head Coach who runs a school's football program in Texas than be someone who worked for him who runs a school's football program in a low-populous state.

As far as commitments and winning, look at Wisconsin. Brand new no-name coach and terrible commitment records, they have only 1 more 4star than us with the same number of recruits. I'm fairly certain they have been beating ass in the Big Ten without their blue-chippers. Hell P.J. Hill was a 2star recruit an had a breakout freshman season. I wouldn't worry too much, Bo knows what he's doing.

The big 11 is terrible that's probably why :laughpound

Tell that to Arkansas or the near-win over Tennessee. They'd have beat Tennessee if their passing game didn't go one-dimensional after their WR got injured a few games earlier. They should be 2-0 against SEC teams in Capital Ones.

At least that's my take on it.....

Case in point:

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...&nid=223044

Two stars, and no offers from anywhere besides 'Ole Miss.

First, TO almost never had top recruiting classes. When addressing the Senior class of '94 (won the National Championship but was rated in the 30's or 40's) TO said that "This was the best we could do. TO was just better at assessing talent and getting the most out of his players than almost any coach I can think of.

Second, Calllllllahan's offense wasn't all that great. It was just ok at best the first 3 1/2 seasons, and never really came around until Watson was able to take more control of the system, and we had a qb who had been in the system for 4 years.

It's whichever team has done the most lately and that has been Texas which is why they outrecruit us almost every year.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guys we have. But to compete for championships like the 90's again, we need bluechips.

You've said the word "us" when referring to the Aggies and "we" when referring to the Huskers.

What exactly are you?

I'm thinking in the world of college football, you need to pick an allegiance.

On that note, I think in the world of "sports'' in general, you need to pick one allegiance.

Cause there is nothing that annoys me more than Husker football/Creighton basketball fan. <_<

absurd. completely absurd. why cant he like both teams? its not like he's 50/50..... he'll cheer for a&m 100 times out of 100. but what is wrong with him cheering for NU all of the other games?

and as for the NU CU thing... I cheer for CU and NU. It helps that Dana is a family friend, but even if he wasnt there, up until recently it was hard to like NU basketball anyway. esp when nee was there. I refuse to cheer for a cheater

It's whichever team has done the most lately and that has been Texas which is why they outrecruit us almost every year.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guys we have. But to compete for championships like the 90's again, we need bluechips.

You've said the word "us" when referring to the Aggies and "we" when referring to the Huskers.

What exactly are you?

WHAT ARE YOU BATMAN, OR BEAST OR SHADE OR NATURAL MAN??!

batman-begins-1.jpg

What exactly are you?

Haha, sorry bout that, I need a signature explaining my reason for being here...

I'm a Husker fan first and foremost. That's what I grew up on and both parents went to NU. All of my family is from Nebraska. Despite my moniker, I'm probably one of the biggest Nebraska fans you've ever met.

I ended up choosing A&M to go to school because it was a better choice for me at the time.

So in conclusion, I am both a Husker and an Aggie.

Husker Rob had the following breakdown in the Knile Davis thread:

here is a comparison to look at.

2007 first 9 commitments * rating from scout

2*-1

3*-7

4*-0

5*-1

2008 first 9 commitments * rating from scout

2*-1

3*-7

4*-0

5*-1

so i think that this staff is doing just fine

I think we are doing fine also and I'm sure there is alot of "wait and see" until the season starts to see what the new staff can do.

What exactly are you?

Haha, sorry bout that, I need a signature explaining my reason for being here...

I'm a Husker fan first and foremost. That's what I grew up on and both parents went to NU. All of my family is from Nebraska. Despite my moniker, I'm probably one of the biggest Nebraska fans you've ever met.

I ended up choosing A&M to go to school because it was a better choice for me at the time.

So in conclusion, I am both a Husker and an Aggie.

You cannot be. You should be an A&M fan. Support your school.

Axl,

Please, I'm a bigger Husker fan than probably 99% of the fanbase. I have more connections to NU than most of yall do. Heck, my mom cheered at Nebraska during the Johnny Rodgers era and went to all sorts of functions at Dr. Tom's house whom yall circle jerk over.

It would be one thing if I followed Nebraska because they were so good when I was growing up.

I followed them because I was born wearing Red in all my baby pictures and spent every Christmas of my life in Nebraska.

I ultimately chose A&M over a full-ride to NU because it's simply a better school. I don't believe that should make me less of a fan because of that. That was the toughest decision of my life.

I'm not some fair weather fan with no connections to the university like so many Longhorn fans are here in Texas. They just like them because they are good.

You cannot be. You should be an A&M fan. Support your school.

Honestly, who are you to tell him what schools he can and cannot be a fan of?

w.r.t the topic of the thread...yes, it's true, stars are only one indication of talent, and not an entirely accurate one. But you all know that if we were nabbing 4-stars left and right, we'd all be jumping for joy. See:Cody Green.

Axl,

Please, I'm a bigger Husker fan than probably 99% of the fanbase. I have more connections to NU than most of yall do. Heck, my mom cheered at Nebraska during the Johnny Rodgers era and went to all sorts of functions at Dr. Tom's house whom yall circle jerk over.

It would be one thing if I followed Nebraska because they were so good when I was growing up.

I followed them because I was born wearing Red in all my baby pictures and spent every Christmas of my life in Nebraska.

I ultimately chose A&M over a full-ride to NU because it's simply a better school. I don't believe that should make me less of a fan because of that. That was the toughest decision of my life.

I'm not some fair weather fan with no connections to the university like so many Longhorn fans are here in Texas. They just like them because they are good.

:clap

I enjoy the contributions of you and Cy.