Now that it's August...

I have stayed out of it, due to not being around, but I notice one thread you Huskers are stuck on. How good KU was 7 years ago means nothing. Who won in 1977 means nothing. Who has a better program now means a lot. I am not saying your awesome history, and it is awesome, is completely irrelevant, but some of the things you are throwing out are not gonna make much difference in who wins the NEXT 10 games between our teams, which is what we are excited about. I think your great fan support and tradition will be a nice edge and will help you. If you asked me, right now, to say how many Cornhusker games we will win over the next 10, I would say 4 or 5. We have been the better team, on average, in the last 4. We have a coach who has taken us from crap to good (no talk of Dynasty, but we are pretty good). We had a much better team last year, our recruiting has caught up with your, we have some awesome FOOTBALL ONLY facilities and we have some momentum. What you have is known and I respect it a lot, but I think your dominance over the Jayhawks is most likely a thing of the past. I give about 2-1 that the final vestiage falls this autumn. Best of luck to you, I hope things turn in a better direction, but you guys need to look at how other programs were built. Old Howie Schnellenberger (sp?) made Miami in a power in the early 80s out of Nothing. FLorida State was no good until Bowden. Florida had not even won the SEC until 1991, much less a national title. I am NOT saying we are destined to be one of these, which are in recruit central, but they show how who was winning in the 70's and 60's does not mean who is going to be good later.

We may come up and quickly wane, but we have a good coach and have invested a lot while things have gone better. Our teams won week after week after hearing how we were a fluke and how each week we would be exposed. I not going to rehash my arguments, too many of you have heard them, but who won in 1985 has NO effect on who is gonna win this fall. The players have gotten past that with the last 4 games (we almost win at your house while winning big in ours). So good luck, we know you are gonna come to play, but so will we. Count on that.

I hate to point it out, but until Devaney, you guys were not realy that great either, not in a sustained way. You could win some conference titles, but You all had a 62.7% win percentage in the 74 years before Devaney, and while that is good, great came after 1961. You guys built up a great thing and it will probably carry you through BC and hopefully a while longer until it is back producing 9+ win seasons like the days in old.

Word. We need to actually win a few games this year before I'm going to start getting confident. I'm still thinking 5-7 or 6-6 for Nebraska this year.

I see that the South Florida game is at 7 PM on 9/12 (Friday). I'm guessing this will be on TV, and I hope it is so I can see how The Greater, Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Smarter Kansas Jayhawks fare in their first real challenge of the season. It should be interesting. Even more interesting is how Kansas - as a team - will respond if they lose this game. They are on top of the world right now, but it's real easy to plummet to the molten core and get burned...

The same can be said of Nebraska and their first "real" challenge against Virginia Tech, who Kansas eeked out a victory against (I use the term "real" loosely, because Western Michigan should definitely not be taken lightly, and the first few games may be a little iffy as the defense tries to get their ducks aligned). Will the Huskers be able to recover if they lose this game? I think that NU has better leadership this year, and a loss early on will not affect them later on down the road.

While the players are the ones actually in the game, there is a TON to be said on how important leadership is on any team (in sports, in business, etc.). Any team tends to act in a way that is consistent with those people at the top. Whatever those at the top consider a top priority, those underneath will follow suite. This is especially true if those people underneath believe in what those at the top are saying.

While the wins may not come this season, I still feel the Huskers will at least have a 7-5 record. Kansas? They are still unproven. They had one really good season. That's great, but doesn't earn much respect from me...especially after looking at their 2007 schedule. Any team in any given year can have the stars align just right so they have a good season (see Hawaii), but you have to be able to sustain that success in order for it to mean anything. If Kansas is able to duplicate their success this year, they will have my respect. Until then, they are still just Kansas...

Oh my gosh. I'm not even going to respond to this. KU is more unproven than NU? That's crazy talk. Have you lost your mind??? Did Nebraska win a BCS game last year against the #3 team in the country? Geeez...I must of missed that. Plus the fatc that you add a new coach, with a new system, yet you can say with confidence at least 7-5? Interesting to say the least. :dunno

I would say it's interesting that you are so supremely confident that KU will win in Lincoln. They haven't done so in oh, I don't know, something like 4 decades. Excluding the horrendous Callahan years, KU hasn't beat Nebraska PERIOD in something like 4 decades. Yeah yeah, KU hung a lot of points on Nebraska- so did Ball St. AT NEBRASKA. Oklahoma St. was up 38-0 at halftime AT NEBRASKA. It wasn't much of an accomplishment.

Enjoy this offseason- it will be one of the few enjoyable offseasons you will ever have at KU. Kansas had a ludicrously cupcake schedule last year and now the fairy tale is over. It was an aberration and is not, nor will it ever be, the norm. KU is not a football powerhouse. It never has been and never will be. Five years from now the KU football program will again be irrelevant. NU will always be revelant in football. It's something akin to the situation in basketball. Every now and again NU will put together a solid team, but once that team is gone and NU basketball returns to mediocrity or just plain awfulness, nobody cares about them. Everybody will always care about the KU basketball team (just like NU football) because they are a dynastic team. Even if they aren't in the national championship picture, people always assume that they will be again in due time.

Mangino has guided the program from absolute crap to somewhat decent (aside from last year his best at KU was 7-5 after six seasons of coaching) but honestly unless he does something about his health there is no way he will be around long enough to establish any sort of winning tradition. He cannot stand through the football practices (he drives a golf cart) and has a lot of trouble standing through games. It's a serious issue- not just the subject of jokes. If you factor his health and the stress of a head coaching position, it paints a rather dire picture. I am not trying to be disrespectful and I hope that he lives a long and successful life, but you cannot shrug off the issue as if it does not exist. His health is a real issue for the Kansas football program.

I will enjoy the offseason. Thank you. So you're talking about Mangino's health now huh? That's what this has resorted to? Sorry that we have a coach that built our program from the ground up and sorry that we don't have Athletic Directors that FIRE head coaches after going 9-3!!! Husker nation has only themselves to blame for their last seven years of mediocrity. Nobody else. So sorry for talking trash but the streak against KU is over and, on paper, our team is much stronger than yours this year so I will state that we'll beat you in Lincoln. I was there the last two trips to Lincoln and we should of won both games. Mangino and Reesing will not be intimidated by your fans. And I for one am happy that I'm NOT making the trip to Lincoln this year. When I went to the game in 2006 the Husker fans were really nice, at least UNTIL KU TOOK THE LEAD!! Then all of a sudden EVERYONE started yelling at us and suddenly it was our fault that KU was winning and that we needed to leave. Nevermind the fact that you hired a complete moran of a coach to run your precious team into the ground and ruin it's national reputation. As I mentioned before, All I said during this thread was that ya'll can't just call the KU game a win. That's crazy. It will be a good game, but honestly, you have a better shot against Virginia Tech than you do KU. Just being honest. Throw away the history because it doesn't matter. It's a what have you done for me lately game. Sorry

As for USF. I guess we'll see come September 12th. We beat USF 2 years ago and we weren't half the team we were now. USF has also improved (I'm not blind to that fact), but completely fell apart down the stretch. We didn't. USF may be good against West Virginia's spread, but KU isn't West Virginia. We throw MUCH MUCH more than the Mountaineers. So the teams really aren't a very good comparison. Besides, as another poster put it.....don't you want KU playing in Lincoln Undefeated...SO U CAN RESTORE THE ORDER!!?!?!?!?!?! :clap

I will enjoy the offseason. Thank you. So you're talking about Mangino's health now huh? That's what this has resorted to? Sorry that we have a coach that built our program from the ground up and sorry that we don't have Athletic Directors that FIRE head coaches after going 9-3!!! Husker nation has only themselves to blame for their last seven years of mediocrity. Nobody else. So sorry for talking trash but the streak against KU is over and, on paper, our team is much stronger than yours this year so I will state that we'll beat you in Lincoln. I was there the last two trips to Lincoln and we should of won both games. Mangino and Reesing will not be intimidated by your fans. And I for one am happy that I'm NOT making the trip to Lincoln this year. When I went to the game in 2006 the Husker fans were really nice, at least UNTIL KU TOOK THE LEAD!! Then all of a sudden EVERYONE started yelling at us and suddenly it was our fault that KU was winning and that we needed to leave. Nevermind the fact that you hired a complete moran of a coach to run your precious team into the ground and ruin it's national reputation. As I mentioned before, All I said during this thread was that ya'll can't just call the KU game a win. That's crazy. It will be a good game, but honestly, you have a better shot against Virginia Tech than you do KU. Just being honest. Throw away the history because it doesn't matter. It's a what have you done for me lately game. Sorry

As for USF. I guess we'll see come September 12th. We beat USF 2 years ago and we weren't half the team we were now. USF has also improved (I'm not blind to that fact), but completely fell apart down the stretch. We didn't. USF may be good against West Virginia's spread, but KU isn't West Virginia. We throw MUCH MUCH more than the Mountaineers. So the teams really aren't a very good comparison. Besides, as another poster put it.....don't you want KU playing in Lincoln Undefeated...SO U CAN RESTORE THE ORDER!!?!?!?!?!?! :clap

At the 2006 KU game there was a KU student 3 rows in front of me who was drunk and picked a fight with a guy who must have been at least 70 years old over sitting and standing. Security ended up hauling him outside. There are bad apples in every fanbase- don't overgeneralize. I'm sure Mangino and Reesing are not afraid of our fans- they shouldn't be. I certainly didn't take out KU's comeback on any KU fans... say- who won that game anyway?

As for Mangino's health, I wasn't using that as a low blow. I was simply saying that unless he remedies the situation he will not be around long enough to build KU into a program with a winning tradition. You're telling me that isn't a concern? You honestly think he can go on like that for 20 years? If that's what you're saying you need to pull your head out of the sand. It is a real concern for the KU football program.

The streak against KU is over, but the only reason why we are even talking about the streak is because it was so epic. Four decades? That's simply ludicrous and besides all streaks come to an end eventually. The home streak against KU is still intact too. Don't you think you're jumping the gun a little bit with declaring Kansas a national power? Mangino as of yet has not strung together two winning seasons. Let's not go crazy here. KU is not and will not be a football powerhouse.

I think NU has a great chance of beating both Kansas and Virginia Tech this year. Now if you're talking about Missouri, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma that's another story.

I used to think you were a pretty good poster, JGS30, but this thread has cost you a lot of respect with me. In fact, you're getting close to going on ignore now, especially with your last post.

Kansas should be better than Nebraska this season. Mangino's health really is a concern for the program because he is a good coach and you guys can't afford to lose him. As someone who likes KU football, it is definitely a worry for me.

Here's to hoping I don't have to put you on ignore.

At the 2006 KU game there was a KU student 3 rows in front of me who was drunk and picked a fight with a guy who must have been at least 70 years old over sitting and standing. Security ended up hauling him outside. There are bad apples in every fanbase- don't overgeneralize. I'm sure Mangino and Reesing are not afraid of our fans- they shouldn't be. I certainly didn't take out KU's comeback on any KU fans... say- who won that game anyway?

As for Mangino's health, I wasn't using that as a low blow. I was simply saying that unless he remedies the situation he will not be around long enough to build KU into a program with a winning tradition. You're telling me that isn't a concern? You honestly think he can go on like that for 20 years? If that's what you're saying you need to pull your head out of the sand. It is a real concern for the KU football program.

The streak against KU is over, but the only reason why we are even talking about the streak is because it was so epic. Four decades? That's simply ludicrous and besides all streaks come to an end eventually. The home streak against KU is still intact too. Don't you think you're jumping the gun a little bit with declaring Kansas a national power? Mangino as of yet has not strung together two winning seasons. Let's not go crazy here. KU is not and will not be a football powerhouse.

I think NU has a great chance of beating both Kansas and Virginia Tech this year. Now if you're talking about Missouri, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma that's another story.

Lets start this off here-When did I say KU was a national power? You've brought that up twice now and I never said that!!!! Please tell me when I said that!?!? I want to know.

Second- Mangino's health was a reach. It's not a concern. In fact, he was checked out after the season and was as healthy as a guy can be. Some people just have trouble with their weight. It's his genes. He actually had gastric by-pass surgery in the offseason and lost 22lbs. So stop making such a big deal about his weight. He's taking the proper steps to impove it and just let it be. Coaches come and go, heck, we could lose Mangino tomorrow to a "national power". I'm not blind to that. But it was in Mangino's contract that he needed to take care of his health and he's doing that. I'm sick of people bringing that up and making it such a big deal. Give the guy a break.

I used to think you were a pretty good poster, JGS30, but this thread has cost you a lot of respect with me. In fact, you're getting close to going on ignore now, especially with your last post.

Kansas should be better than Nebraska this season. Mangino's health really is a concern for the program because he is a good coach and you guys can't afford to lose him. As someone who likes KU football, it is definitely a worry for me.

Here's to hoping I don't have to put you on ignore.

I'm sorry you feel that way Eby. I enjoy your posts to, however alot of people on here put words in my mouth and the rest is history. I just stick to facts and people begin assuming that I mean other things. I can't help what other people think. I enjoy this board because I find it fun to talk with fans about up coming seasons and expectations. If you've noticed in the past, I actually post alot less during the season because half the fun is predicting how teams finish. I don't mean to pick fights on this board, I just usually state a fact or give my opinion and a fire fight breaks out. I guess that makes me the fire man.

Take Care Eby,

JGS30

You half to understand that when you ocme to a husker board your going to ge things like this. People are verry passionate about this football team. They are very upset about what last season did for us. And from what i understand if nebraska fans had there choice in 2003 it would of been bo anyways but we didnt have a choice. I think people are both right and wrong on this. In the end i was rootin for kU because (no offence) they were the underdog. NO one expected them to get far or do good because they dont generally do so well. They proved them selves to be a good football team last year and got an awsome chance to do things other teams can only dream of. Will it last, i dont know. Lord knows what the cards have in store for you guys. Remember a few years ago when ISU was starting to build up steam. They had some good QBs and that got the ball rolling on other catagories. But a couple years latter they were back to the same old ISU. Thats the way it goes i guess. Husker football is something different entirely. Lets face it when you think of nebraska a few things come to mind. Farming, the big platu rock, and husker football. Sorry but when i think of kansas i dont think college football. I think of bbq, basketball, chiefs. Its just not something that you guys are known for. Might not be something that would be backed buy alot of people. But nebraska doesnt have a pro football, or baseball team. They dont have alot of big citys with huge things to do. But they do have this football team and they are passionate about it. Your state does not back your college football program like nebraska does for its program, sorry but its true. And look at your fanbase. There are much much more husker fans nation wide the Kansas fans. Its just something different entirely and not being from the state or a fan of the team you dont understand that. You just see a bunch of people puttin the smack down, talkin big about this next season. Welll there excited about it, they want to show that were not a bunch of hacks. They want to see a coach prove what he can do. They want to see a team who playes for the team, state, fans. Thats why fans walked out last year, thats why they boooed. The team had no heart, no desire and no leadership. Thats different this year, and we are excited about it. So your asking is Kansas a one hit onder, maybe maybe not. So take last season and enjoy because you might get that opportunity again but then again you might not.

Ben

Second- Mangino's health was a reach. It's not a concern. In fact, he was checked out after the season and was as healthy as a guy can be. Some people just have trouble with their weight. It's his genes. He actually had gastric by-pass surgery in the offseason and lost 22lbs. So stop making such a big deal about his weight. He's taking the proper steps to impove it and just let it be. Coaches come and go, heck, we could lose Mangino tomorrow to a "national power". I'm not blind to that. But it was in Mangino's contract that he needed to take care of his health and he's doing that. I'm sick of people bringing that up and making it such a big deal. Give the guy a break.

You can buy a T-shirt that says "Our coach can eat your coach" IN LAWRENCE The poster was expressing, from what I read, an honest concern for your coach's health.

You half to understand that when you ocme to a husker board your going to ge things like this. People are verry passionate about this football team. They are very upset about what last season did for us. And from what i understand if nebraska fans had there choice in 2003 it would of been bo anyways but we didnt have a choice. I think people are both right and wrong on this. In the end i was rootin for kU because (no offence) they were the underdog. NO one expected them to get far or do good because they dont generally do so well. They proved them selves to be a good football team last year and got an awsome chance to do things other teams can only dream of. Will it last, i dont know. Lord knows what the cards have in store for you guys. Remember a few years ago when ISU was starting to build up steam. They had some good QBs and that got the ball rolling on other catagories. But a couple years latter they were back to the same old ISU. Thats the way it goes i guess. Husker football is something different entirely. Lets face it when you think of nebraska a few things come to mind. Farming, the big platu rock, and husker football. Sorry but when i think of kansas i dont think college football. I think of bbq, basketball, chiefs. Its just not something that you guys are known for. Might not be something that would be backed buy alot of people. But nebraska doesnt have a pro football, or baseball team. They dont have alot of big citys with huge things to do. But they do have this football team and they are passionate about it. Your state does not back your college football program like nebraska does for its program, sorry but its true. And look at your fanbase. There are much much more husker fans nation wide the Kansas fans. Its just something different entirely and not being from the state or a fan of the team you dont understand that. You just see a bunch of people puttin the smack down, talkin big about this next season. Welll there excited about it, they want to show that were not a bunch of hacks. They want to see a coach prove what he can do. They want to see a team who playes for the team, state, fans. Thats why fans walked out last year, thats why they boooed. The team had no heart, no desire and no leadership. Thats different this year, and we are excited about it. So your asking is Kansas a one hit onder, maybe maybe not. So take last season and enjoy because you might get that opportunity again but then again you might not.

Ben

I see your point Ben. But you have to look at the demographics here. KU has ALOT to compete with in Kansas cause of the area we're located. We compete with KSU who's less than 2 hours to the west of us. Then throw in the fact that we're alos competing with Royals and Cheifs (Just 30 minutes from Lawrence) fans for media attention, it gets difficult to have a larger than life fanbase like NU has. The entire state follows your Huskers, where our state is completely split. Not to mention the boat load of Juco's we have. I think KU would have a HUGE fanbase if KSU hadn't brainwashed half of our great state.

I guess you could say you compete with Creighton for attention, but outside of Basketball they have nothing.

Lets start this off here-When did I say KU was a national power? You've brought that up twice now and I never said that!!!! Please tell me when I said that!?!? I want to know.

Well no, you have not explicitly said that KU is a national power, but statements such as "KU would definitely beat VT" and persistent mentions of KU's final ranking, BCS win, overall improvement and team strength would lead a normal person to infer that you think KU is a national power.

Mangino's health is a reach? The guy is as healthy as a guy can be? I'm not a doctor, but I can assure you that his BMI is not within the healthy range. If you need a golf cart to get around because you have trouble walking due to your weight, you are not healthy. There are plenty of coaches who have health concerns (JoePa for one) but many of them aren't as serious and they don't concern Kansas or Nebraska. Of course there are bigtime programs that might try to snatch Mangino up IF he continues the success he had last year. Outside of last year he hasn't been very impressive. That being said, a lot of coaches don't want to leave colleges where they have had success. Kansas, under ideal circumstances, would keep Mangino on contract for as long as possible if he continues to be successful. If Kansas is looking for him to coach there for the next 20 years, it could be a real issue. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

I have stayed out of it, due to not being around, but I notice one thread you Huskers are stuck on. How good KU was 7 years ago means nothing. Who won in 1977 means nothing. Who has a better program now means a lot. I am not saying your awesome history, and it is awesome, is completely irrelevant, but some of the things you are throwing out are not gonna make much difference in who wins the NEXT 10 games between our teams, which is what we are excited about. I think your great fan support and tradition will be a nice edge and will help you. If you asked me, right now, to say how many Cornhusker games we will win over the next 10, I would say 4 or 5. We have been the better team, on average, in the last 4. We have a coach who has taken us from crap to good (no talk of Dynasty, but we are pretty good). We had a much better team last year, our recruiting has caught up with your, we have some awesome FOOTBALL ONLY facilities and we have some momentum. What you have is known and I respect it a lot, but I think your dominance over the Jayhawks is most likely a thing of the past. I give about 2-1 that the final vestiage falls this autumn. Best of luck to you, I hope things turn in a better direction, but you guys need to look at how other programs were built. Old Howie Schnellenberger (sp?) made Miami in a power in the early 80s out of Nothing. FLorida State was no good until Bowden. Florida had not even won the SEC until 1991, much less a national title. I am NOT saying we are destined to be one of these, which are in recruit central, but they show how who was winning in the 70's and 60's does not mean who is going to be good later.

We may come up and quickly wane, but we have a good coach and have invested a lot while things have gone better. Our teams won week after week after hearing how we were a fluke and how each week we would be exposed. I not going to rehash my arguments, too many of you have heard them, but who won in 1985 has NO effect on who is gonna win this fall. The players have gotten past that with the last 4 games (we almost win at your house while winning big in ours). So good luck, we know you are gonna come to play, but so will we. Count on that.

I hate to point it out, but until Devaney, you guys were not realy that great either, not in a sustained way. You could win some conference titles, but You all had a 62.7% win percentage in the 74 years before Devaney, and while that is good, great came after 1961. You guys built up a great thing and it will probably carry you through BC and hopefully a while longer until it is back producing 9+ win seasons like the days in old.

just pointing out a few things. first of all our tradition does matter. esp in recruiting. if you think a kid looks at a letter for KU the same as NU I think you will be very disappointed. secondly your tradition. you've had one season that was anthing but average at best under mangino. even cally had one good year. until your repeat it it means nothing. as for the miami and FSU comparisons... look at the talent in their backyard. KU has nothing like that at all. not even remotely close. i'm not saying that you arent going to become a great program.... Its certainly possible, but to say things like you will win 5-6 of our next meetings...... you havent even seen us under the new coach. you havent had back to back winning seasons in years..... it might be just a tad bit early to be saying that. you guys look really good on paper right now coming off a nice season...... kinda like us last year. you never know what will happen.

• 3 months later...

Now that fall practice is well under way, here is my realistic prediction of the season.... Give me some feedback.

Week One Nebraska 45 - Western Michigan 17

Why Nebraska will win: Two streaks survived the Callahan Era: The sellout streak, and the home

opener streak. The crowd will be too much for the Bronco's to handle. The first game of the Pelini

era will get out of hand early and the second stringers will get valuable experience.

X-Factor: Crowd Noise

Week Two Nebraska 42 – San Jose State 24

Why Nebraska will win: San Jose St. has been outscored 351-108 by teams from BCS conferences in the

last five years. This game will have similar results to the game in 2000.

X-Factor: Focus and Preperation.

Week Three Nebraska 27 – New Mexico State 13

Why Nebraska will win: Pelini will pressure Holbrook from every angle and force him to throw

interceptions. Lucky and Helu will wear down the Aggie defense and slowly pull away. This game

will be closer than many think.

X-Factor: The Offensive Line

Week Four Virginia Tech 17 - Nebraska 9

Why Virginia Tech will win: Defense and Special Teams. Frank Beamer will outcoach BO however this

game won't have the same chain reaction as the loss to USC last year. The fans will enjoy a good competitive game but the Huskers will come up just short.

X-Factor: Special Teams

Week Five Missouri 45 – Nebraska - 34

Why Missouri will win: The Tigers have a better, more experienced team than Nebraska but the

Game will be closer than most expect. However Missouri's offense outduels Nebraska's and the

Tigers win in Linocln for the first time since 1978.

X-Factor: Jeremy Maclin

Week Six Nebraska 31 - Texas Tech 17

Why Nebraska will win: Under Leach Texas Tech hit a ceiling. A one dementional offense will be

too easy for Bo to stop and Shawn Watson's offense will have a field day with the TTech Defense.

Nebraska will be a mediocre 3-2 heading into this game however will still be by far the toughest

team tech will have faced up to that point.

X-Factor: Turnovers

Week Seven Nebraska 20 - Iowa State 17

Why Nebraska will win: Nebraska takes this game purely on being better than Iowa St. The Cyclones

are on the rise but they just won't have the talent to square up with a Nebraska team fresh

off one of the toughest three game stretches in college football, however ISU stays in it until

the end because it's in Ames.

X-Factor: First game on a Grass Field.

Week Eight Nebraska 55 – Baylor 20

Why Nebraska will win: IT'S BAYLOR... Not to mention they have a new coaching staff who brings

a way different system to Baylor similar to New Mexico St. and Texas Tech's but will not have the

right players in place.

X-Factor: The Backup quarterback.

Week Nine Oklahoma 42 – Nebraska 10

Why Oklahoma will win: Top to bottom Oklahoma is better than Nebraska. Coaching is

better, quarterback is better, recievers are better, O-line is better, The entire Defense

is better. Horrible Mismatch for the Huskers.

X-Factor: Coaching

Week Ten Nebraska 38 – Kansas 28

Why Nebraska will win: Kansas 1968 record 9-2 1969 record 1-9; 1981 record 8-4

1982 record 2-7-2; 1995 record 10-2 1996 record 4-7. Three of the four best seasons

in the last 40 years for Kansas, the other 2007... not to mention the jayhawks

haven't won in Lincoln since 1968.

X-Factor: Memorial Stadium

Week Eleven Nebraska 24 – Kansas State 6

Why Nebraska will win: If Pelini adjusts his coaching style to be more like Cosgrove's Nebraska

will win this game handily. Call me crazy but Ron Prince takes advantage of overaggressive defenses with his use of trick plays. If the Huskers use a lot of Man-to-Man defenses instead of swarming to the

ball this one could get ugly.

X-Factor: follow assignments.

Week Twelve Colorado 21 - Nebraska 20

Why Colorado will win: Coming into the game Nebraska will be 8-3 and 5-2 in conference while

Colorado will be 5-6 and 4-4 in conference. The game will mean more to the Buffaloes who will be fighting for a bowl betth will salvage their season with a win over the huskers sneaking them into the Independence Bowl

X-Factor: Desire

Alamo Bowl: Nebraska 35 Michigan St. 14

Why Nebraska will win: At 8-4 Pelini will go back to the Alamo Bowl and again it will be against a much

better Michigan St. team. However a much improved run defense shuts down javon ringer, thus shutting

down the MSU offense. Joe Ganz picks apart a mediocre Big 10 defense en route to victory. The victory

puts Nebraska at 4-0 this decade in the Alamo Bowl and 0-3 in all other bowls.

X-Factor: Nebraska in San Antonio.

dug this up. wasn't too far off. while i thought we would beat tech we played 'em tougher than anybody thought. We didn't lose to Colorado but it was damn close.

Some things I got right were special teams being the x-factor in the va tech game, my outlook on the oklahoma game was right and the kansas game was spot on. not to mention i got the record right on the nose. :horns2:horns2

I cant find my post, ill get it out of the archives...but i called every game correct.

i said we'd go 8-4 with losses to va tech, mizz, ttech, and oklahoma.

go big red!

The same with me...all my predictions were absolutely on the money...except I said NU would beat V-Tech and lose to ISU. I think I got football and wrestling mixed up there for some reason.... <_<