Fear Texas Tech

When i think of a blowout game this year texas tech doesnt come to mind. I mean missouri, oklahoma, even kansas come before texas tech in my book. Didnt iowa state almost beat them last year. When people on here talk about predictions they say but i fear the texas tech game its gonna be a whoopin and frankly i just dont see it. But then again im probally wrong and im sure someone will straighten me out. :clap

You can rationalize just about anything.

Facts are at this time. We have a horrendous defense, near the worst in the NCAA. They have a top offense in the NCAA. Will they be better, will we be better. Their fans say yes, ours say yes.

In honesty we all have to buy in as fans, but know one will know until we play the first 4 games.

Texas Tech coaches feel this is the best team they have ever had, and it is not even close. We hear positives from our staff, but nothing along the lines of the best ever.

Tech will give us all we can handle, and the likelyhood of an ass kicking is quite real. If we can run the ball on them and control the clock, we have a chance. Ganz can not throw interceptions.

But to think at this time we are on the same level as Tech is homerism to say the least. We may still have the same quitters we had last year, until we see the heart, we just do not know.

I think we will see a much improved attitude on this team. But will it hold up under tough situations, is the key.

We lose this game, but hopefully it will not turn into a rout, if it does, it will indicate we have the same problems we had last year, and it was not all coaching. Unfortunately I believe that. I am hoping that they prove me wrong during the first four games.

Facts are at this time. We have a horrendous defense, near the worst in the NCAA. They have a top offense in the NCAA. Will they be better, will we be better. Their fans say yes, ours say yes.

In honesty we all have to buy in as fans, but know one will know until we play the first 4 games.

Texas Tech coaches feel this is the best team they have ever had, and it is not even close. We hear positives from our staff, but nothing along the lines of the best ever.

Tech will give us all we can handle, and the likelyhood of an ass kicking is quite real. If we can run the ball on them and control the clock, we have a chance. Ganz can not throw interceptions.

But to think at this time we are on the same level as Tech is homerism to say the least. We may still have the same quitters we had last year, until we see the heart, we just do not know.

I think we will see a much improved attitude on this team. But will it hold up under tough situations, is the key.

We lose this game, but hopefully it will not turn into a rout, if it does, it will indicate we have the same problems we had last year, and it was not all coaching. Unfortunately I believe that. I am hoping that they prove me wrong during the first four games.

I agree with you on this. I wouldn't be surprised if TT takes the South this year, I think they could be that good.

When i think of a blowout game this year texas tech doesnt come to mind. I mean missouri, oklahoma, even kansas come before texas tech in my book. Didnt iowa state almost beat them last year. When people on here talk about predictions they say but i fear the texas tech game its gonna be a whoopin and frankly i just dont see it. But then again im probally wrong and im sure someone will straighten me out. :clap

I think TT and NU will be pretty even. Both can score, neither too terribly talented at stopping the offense. I could see a total score in the 80's or more.

I follow them second to Nebraska. Leach has promised boosters that they will win this year.

He has delivered on everyone of his promises, according to in house friends.

I know I heard the one when he promised to beat us at their house. He did.

He has a plan for reaching the top, he has taken everyone of those steps so far. I honestly hope if we can not win the Big 12, they do. I have been to several of their games and bowl games. I really like their fans, it totally reminds me of our early beginnings in the late 60's and early 70's.

I agree with you on this. I wouldn't be surprised if TT takes the South this year, I think they could be that good.

I would be surprised if Tech took the South this year. Their defense wasn't too swell at stopping opponents last year. Unless their defense drastically improves, they will not be winning the South anytime soon.

I think this is the game where we can actually see what this coaching staff is made of. If TT gets up by two or three scores, is Watson going to go into BC mode heaving up ducks each and every offensive play? Or, does he have the patience of TO in the 94 NC game and keep ticking away running and wearing down the D? If we get into a shootout with TT, we're going to get our asses handed to us on a silver platter.

I think this game will all come down to how well Nebraska runs the ball. If they can keep it on the ground and successfully eat up clock while moving the chains, you can kiss Texas Tech goodbye.

Now, whether or not they will be able to do this consistently for the whole game is still up in the air. I could see them doing it, but I could also see them getting stuffed after a while.

We shall see...I can't wait!