S.I. picking NU fourth in the North,3-5

there's no way we are going to be 6-6 let alone behind colorado in the north. The game that could go either way are @ OU, and @ TTU, and Mizzou

by either way did you mean nu losses by 2 td's or 4 td's. Cause i could see them going either way if thats the case

I know this is a husker board, and you do reserve all rights to drink :koolaid2: , but I think your batch has a little something ;) 'extra' ;) , if you know what i mean :wasted

lol from one extreme to the other.... you better hope your coach and team arent as overconfident as the fanbase is.

I wouldn't worry too much. with every Joe Husker fan pointing out the lincoln streak and every media person bringing it up I'm pretty confident that Mizzou will be more than ready for the game.

My smart butt comment was simply because I am pretty confident, as most of you should be also, that MU is a better team than NU. People are talking possible NT and I am in now way confident enought to rattle a statement like that. I think there are a lot of games MU should win, but "been there, done that" before.

Truthfully though, way does husker fan overlook mizzou as a threat but is scared of TT. I have talked to and seen posts on here where everyone thinks they have such a good shot at upsetting MU but is marking TT as a loss. Tech is a one dimensional team. MU runs and throws, (ran for 176/g, threw for 314/g) scores (over 30pt/g avg for 3 seasons in a row) and was faster and physically stronger than NU last year. Everyone says NU is improving and thats good, but do you think MU is standing still just hanging out. Plus MU has kicked TT rear end the last three times they played, if you want to know to beat tech, watch the game film.

Besides husker fan, althought the national media is paying you no attention, I would bet that every BIG 12 team still wants to kick you butt. What, do you think one year is enought to satisfy the taste buds of teams that took it up the rear for years. Your team is a target, and will continue to be one for the while, even if there is no improvement. You WILL still get everyones top game.

wow, thing is though, this is all PRE SEASON. last season, nebraska was supposed to compete in the north, and possibly make a run after upsetting a USC team that we were supposed to be pretty equal to. while on paper, mizzou is better than nebraska, it isn't like Bo is coming into a bare closet here.. there IS talent here.. this is the most "talent rich" era i've seen... if they all finally come together and actually play as nebraska and not as the name on the back of the jersey, this could be a team to watch. will they win the big 12? no. the north? no. but mizzou and ku both better watch out......

now on the colorado topic. being behind them wouldn't be overly surprising, because they are getting better, no matter how little we all would like to admit it. but, since the game is here, i would expect us to win that game, and that game being the difference between us and them this season...

how sweet would it be for both KU and MU to lose to NU and CU?

wow, thing is though, this is all PRE SEASON. last season, nebraska was supposed to compete in the north, and possibly make a run after upsetting a USC team that we were supposed to be pretty equal to. while on paper, mizzou is better than nebraska, it isn't like Bo is coming into a bare closet here.. there IS talent here..

Now you are right on with the "this is all PRE SEASON". It wouldnt matter much if the teams dont go and win their games. However I do believe most people last year saw the Huskers falling off a little. ( I in no way will throw some BS out there that I saw what was going to happen and thought "I told you so") However when you lose 2 DE's that were as good as NU had that is a big hole. I had my doubts about your D line and Linebackers upfront, AGAIN, I thought MAYBE 4 losses MAX last year. Things were worse than many thought and has been mentions millions of times, the team quit at the end of the year.

With that being said I dont believe anyone outside of NU fans thought Nebraska had a chance in hell to beat USC, they were not equal, not even close. Although the cupboard in not bare, football players don't forget how to play football. WR who could run routes in high school can still run routes in college. Callahan and as a result NU fans, became addicted to stars and ratings. Recruited top tier athelets and not top tier football players. NU's key to sucsess for almost 30 years was always getting GOOD football players. Kids from around the area the fit the program and ideals. 5 star athletes playing WR from California who can't run routes to save their life will not make you better. GOOD football players will. And just like all of you, I have no idea just how many of those type of players are on this roster.

The long and short of it, your full of talent team got rocked all last year by teams who had no where as many "stars" per rivals, but they had a lot of football players. And please dont talk to me about the coaching, Yes that had something to do with it. But their was little tackling, lots of dropped balls, no big plays on D. PLayers make plays. even when guys were finally in positions to do that, they didnt.

Nobody knows what to expect. I know I dont. Thats why all of you are pumped to see the first game, right?

P.S. I dont think colorado has a chance against MU in columbia this year. Well maybe a 5% chance. :koolaid2:

wow, thing is though, this is all PRE SEASON. last season, nebraska was supposed to compete in the north, and possibly make a run after upsetting a USC team that we were supposed to be pretty equal to. while on paper, mizzou is better than nebraska, it isn't like Bo is coming into a bare closet here.. there IS talent here..

Now you are right on with the "this is all PRE SEASON". It wouldnt matter much if the teams dont go and win their games. However I do believe most people last year saw the Huskers falling off a little. ( I in no way will throw some BS out there that I saw what was going to happen and thought "I told you so") However when you lose 2 DE's that were as good as NU had that is a big hole. I had my doubts about your D line and Linebackers upfront, AGAIN, I thought MAYBE 4 losses MAX last year. Things were worse than many thought and has been mentions millions of times, the team quit at the end of the year.

With that being said I dont believe anyone outside of NU fans thought Nebraska had a chance in hell to beat USC, they were not equal, not even close. Although the cupboard in not bare, football players don't forget how to play football. WR who could run routes in high school can still run routes in college. Callahan and as a result NU fans, became addicted to stars and ratings. Recruited top tier athelets and not top tier football players. NU's key to sucsess for almost 30 years was always getting GOOD football players. Kids from around the area the fit the program and ideals. 5 star athletes playing WR from California who can't run routes to save their life will not make you better. GOOD football players will. And just like all of you, I have no idea just how many of those type of players are on this roster.

The long and short of it, your full of talent team got rocked all last year by teams who had no where as many "stars" per rivals, but they had a lot of football players. And please dont talk to me about the coaching, Yes that had something to do with it. But their was little tackling, lots of dropped balls, no big plays on D. PLayers make plays. even when guys were finally in positions to do that, they didnt.

Nobody knows what to expect. I know I dont. Thats why all of you are pumped to see the first game, right?

P.S. I dont think colorado has a chance against MU in columbia this year. Well maybe a 5% chance. :koolaid2:

well, i don't honestly think they have a chance to beat you guys either, but hey, it'd be awesome :) hahah..

but yes injuries hurt, but our defense was our major problem. the team didn't believe in themselves after the 2nd half of the USC game. There were SOME people who thought nebraska would be able to play with USC, because simply, the game was in Lincoln. It's not like its easy to come in here and play, even when we are TERRIBLE by our own standards.

and yes we have more "stars" and that doesn't = great football players, but there is a reason they have their "stars" they are good players in HS and show good "potential" well, some of these kids never live up to it or get it too much in their head that they are too good. and these kids didn't come to play for nebraska, that was a big problem. but like i said above, defense was our problem, outside of USC OK State and Mizzou we didn't have problems being out of games. Even USC, we were in it at half time, and we put the ball in the endzone late, albeit against lesser competition for SC.

and well, the reason i'm so pumped about the 1st game is too see how our defense plays and see if there is some fire beyond the 1st few series. (can't take a TON from that thought, after all, Nevada only scored 10 last year.)

and well, the reason i'm so pumped about the 1st game is too see how our defense plays and see if there is some fire beyond the 1st few series. (can't take a TON from that thought, after all, Nevada only scored 10 last year.)

huskerswrkhavoc,

man you have every right to be pumped and excited. I honestly think more than anyother team NU is the team I am most eager to see (besides MU ofcourse). Mostly for the reason as I said earlier, I have no clue what to expect. There are a lot of questions to be answered and after no football for 8 months I ready to have my answers DARNIT!!. At this point everything is speculation. Every team in America is 2 weeks into news stories about how improved they are going to be. I am just ready to see football.

IMHO, what we see in the first 4-5 games for NU will give alot of answers. Does this team have what it takes to put 8-9 wins on the board? Or will they get only 6? Who knows. I will tell you this. I enjoy talking to you guys, even some banter is fun :box But I am ready to see what NU has to bring to the table and I am not even a fan. I know you guys have to be going nuts about now.

from what i've been hearing, the kids on the team are aiming for nine wins.

i kid you not.

so let everyone think that they're gonna roll into lincoln and face a cosgrove "slap 'n tickle" high school/big 10-type defense with an offensive unit that 'may' be good.

do i expect a big xii championship? no. but i do expect the huskers to ruin some other school's hopes for a national championship.

yah, i'm looking at you missouri.

Well said sir.

there's no way we are going to be 6-6 let alone behind colorado in the north. The game that could go either way are @ OU, and @ TTU, and Mizzou

by either way did you mean nu losses by 2 td's or 4 td's. Cause i could see them going either way if thats the case

I know this is a husker board, and you do reserve all rights to drink :koolaid2: , but I think your batch has a little something ;) 'extra' ;) , if you know what i mean :wasted

lol from one extreme to the other.... you better hope your coach and team arent as overconfident as the fanbase is.

I wouldn't worry too much. with every Joe Husker fan pointing out the lincoln streak and every media person bringing it up I'm pretty confident that Mizzou will be more than ready for the game.

My smart butt comment was simply because I am pretty confident, as most of you should be also, that MU is a better team than NU. People are talking possible NT and I am in now way confident enought to rattle a statement like that. I think there are a lot of games MU should win, but "been there, done that" before.

Truthfully though, way does husker fan overlook mizzou as a threat but is scared of TT. I have talked to and seen posts on here where everyone thinks they have such a good shot at upsetting MU but is marking TT as a loss. Tech is a one dimensional team. MU runs and throws, (ran for 176/g, threw for 314/g) scores (over 30pt/g avg for 3 seasons in a row) and was faster and physically stronger than NU last year. Everyone says NU is improving and thats good, but do you think MU is standing still just hanging out. Plus MU has kicked TT rear end the last three times they played, if you want to know to beat tech, watch the game film.

Besides husker fan, althought the national media is paying you no attention, I would bet that every BIG 12 team still wants to kick you butt. What, do you think one year is enought to satisfy the taste buds of teams that took it up the rear for years. Your team is a target, and will continue to be one for the while, even if there is no improvement. You WILL still get everyones top game.

This is my opinion about that.

I think that we have a very legit shot at beating Mizzou this season.

The number one absolute reason is that we have you at home.

Secondly the Blaine Gabbert decommit stung. People will say that it didnt but it did.

We know that if we are going to have a game to prove a point in ... its that game. Vt is important too but Im talking about a conference and division foe and defending division champ.

One thing I can tell you is that win or lose, we will bring it all... 4 quarters.

Secondly the Blaine Gabbert decommit stung. People will say that it didnt but it did.

We know that if we are going to have a game to prove a point in ... its that game. Vt is important too but Im talking about a conference and division foe and defending division champ.

One thing I can tell you is that win or lose, we will bring it all... 4 quarters.

:yeah

I agree with you HSKRNOKC 110%. I'm more worried about Texas Tech more than Mizzo is because A) It's in Lubbock B) They have like 10-11 returning starters on Offense C)Their QB is a stud (Better than Daniels IMO) and D) They have a passing attack Offense compared to our mediocre DB's.

I'm sorry but everytime Kansas and Mizzo come into Lincoln they choke like OU does every Fiesta Bowl they've been in. I think that we can actually beat both Kansas and Mizzo in Lincoln this year. I won't be too surprise with all of this Heisman Hype that Daniels is getting that he'll pull off a Brady Quinn and Drew Tate when they were Seniors.......you know have a breakout year their Junior year and choke on their Senior year.

that is the very definition of a poor coaching. it has EVERYTHING to do with it

Last time i played football my coach didnt catch the ball for me and hand it off so i could run. Cosgrove sucked yes. But he didnt make your offensive players drop balls when they were wide open. Didnt make your linebackers duck there heads when they tackled. Didnt make your db's drop INTS. Those are things your PLAYERS did. I have played plenty of sports. and yes coaching can make a difference. adjustments, gameplans, those are things my coaches helped with. But I learned to tackle correctly in 6th grade. I didnt need a coach to hold my hand to show me how when I was 20.

Just a thought Husker fan, could it be that coaching wasn't the only issue???

:yeah

I agree with you HSKRNOKC 110%. I'm more worried about Texas Tech more than Mizzo is because A) It's in Lubbock B) They have like 10-11 returning starters on Offense C)Their QB is a stud (Better than Daniels IMO) and D) They have a passing attack Offense compared to our mediocre DB's.

I'm sorry but everytime Kansas and Mizzo come into Lincoln they choke like OU does every Fiesta Bowl they've been in. I think that we can actually beat both Kansas and Mizzo in Lincoln this year. I won't be too surprise with all of this Heisman Hype that Daniels is getting that he'll pull off a Brady Quinn and Drew Tate when they were Seniors.......you know have a breakout year their Junior year and choke on their Senior year.

Yes for many years, 30 to be exact Mu has not won in Lincoln. For many of those years NU was clearly the better team. NU won all the time, especially at home.

HOWEVER, when was the last time MU had this talented of a team?? maybe they have never been this good, but when Mu did have good teams they won in Lincoln often. MU is clearly better than NU. NU's home field has meant less and less over the past few years.

Am I 100% certain, no. Im a friggin Tiger fan. WE are never 100% certain on anything, unless you are talking about being cursed. I am 100% certain about that. I think MU will clearly have an advantage and I would not be surprised to see NU come in to that game as 7 1/2 pt dogs.

I do believe MU wins. Both teams will be jacked, that is a given. NU homecoming will not scare this team, the gave OU everything they could handle last year on OU's homecoming and sorry, but its much louder and intimidating in Norman than Lincoln.

Unless your scared of ticked off old people who can't stand to watch the game... <_<

I'm more worried about Texas Tech more than Mizzo is because ...They have a passing attack Offense compared to our mediocre DB's.

Really...come on now. Did you see last years game? Have you seen MU? If that is you fear about TT then you should be equally scared of MU.

I am all about your right to drink the kool-aid and cheer on your team, but seriously at least try and make sense when presenting an bullet point arguement. Facts are cool. Chase threw for over 4300 yrds last season. 5th most in the country. MU's O, had the 9th highest total passing yrds per game. Come on buddy, just show a little love or respect. Or atleast dont make me throw the bs flag on ya. :bs::)

Last time i played football my coach didnt catch the ball for me and hand it off so i could run. Cosgrove sucked yes. But he didnt make your offensive players drop balls when they were wide open. Didnt make your linebackers duck there heads when they tackled. Didnt make your db's drop INTS. Those are things your PLAYERS did. I have played plenty of sports. and yes coaching can make a difference. adjustments, gameplans, those are things my coaches helped with. But I learned to tackle correctly in 6th grade. I didnt need a coach to hold my hand to show me how when I was 20.

those are still skills that you have to practice.... practice everyday. I cant speak as much for football, but I can tell you about other sports. Mich state is known in basketball as one of the best rebounding teams in the country... do you know why? I have seen there practices. I have heard Izzo at clinics. they practice rebounding every day. and not just 15 minutes. but yeah that is something that I learned in 4th grade and I'm sure so did all of the D1 players a MSU.

if it were only as simple as you say you could just have meeting and conditioning instead of practice and decrease injuries.

i'm not buying what your selling

those are still skills that you have to practice.... practice everyday. I cant speak as much for football, but I can tell you about other sports. Mich state is known in basketball as one of the best rebounding teams in the country... do you know why? I have seen there practices. I have heard Izzo at clinics. they practice rebounding every day. and not just 15 minutes. but yeah that is something that I learned in 4th grade and I'm sure so did all of the D1 players a MSU.

if it were only as simple as you say you could just have meeting and conditioning instead of practice and decrease injuries.

obviously practice makes perfect. All I'm saying is some of this is on the players too. Why didnt WR stay late with QB after practice to fine tune things? Why didnt WR or DB catch balls on their own time if they needed to improve their skills? every team i have played on had guys working on their own time not just 'practice' time. All i was saying is even when NU players had chances to make plays last year they failed. Granted those times were not often, thus why they were so costly.

Basically the point is some NU fans are acting like the players had no responsibility in last years failures. My point was the players didnt do what they needed too. Like I said, I learned how to do something long ago, I dont need to be taught like im in middle school again. But as you also said, reps help. The deal is, it is a two way street. just make sure to look at both sides.

BTW, in all sports I played, football, basketball & baseball. Camp and preseason is when we worked on the basics. After that, conditioning and walkthroughs covered much of what we did. We just added to our playbooks. But thats just my experiances. I am sure 400 people could give you 400 different ways they did it.

obviously practice makes perfect. All I'm saying is some of this is on the players too. Why didnt WR stay late with QB after practice to fine tune things? Why didnt WR or DB catch balls on their own time if they needed to improve their skills? every team i have played on had guys working on their own time not just 'practice' time. All i was saying is even when NU players had chances to make plays last year they failed. Granted those times were not often, thus why they were so costly.

Basically the point is some NU fans are acting like the players had no responsibility in last years failures. My point was the players didnt do what they needed too. Like I said, I learned how to do something long ago, I dont need to be taught like im in middle school again. But as you also said, reps help. The deal is, it is a two way street. just make sure to look at both sides.

BTW, in all sports I played, football, basketball & baseball. Camp and preseason is when we worked on the basics. After that, conditioning and walkthroughs covered much of what we did. We just added to our playbooks. But thats just my experiances. I am sure 400 people could give you 400 different ways they did it.

again I am not going to act like I know about intricacies college football. I don't know how they do it. but I can tell you every elite college basketball team works on fundamentals in every full practice, and Id be shocked if it wasnt the same in football. perhaps that is why they are elite.

as for the players... sure some of it is on them.... but you act like it cant be changed. like they cant improve. they are just bad players. it happens every year in every sport.

the lack of discipline was from a lack of leadership. yes there HAS to be team leaders... but in the end that comes from the top.