S.I. picking NU fourth in the North,3-5

Gotta think it gonna go down like this in the north

Ranks and Big 12 record

Misery 8-0 and off play the Sooners :(

KU 5-3 (with Tiebreaker over buffs)

Buffs 5-3

Huskers 3-5

Cyclones 2-6

Purple Cats 1-7 (schedule does not lay out well)

again... what has colorado done to get such repsect from people outside of the OU game? looking at their schedule right now, I dont see any way they beat texas, MU or KU. so you think that they can go to both A&m adn lincoln and get wins. keep in mind NU is there last game and A&m is towards the end of the year so the whole "new coach" thing can get thrown out the window. I think we have as good of a chance at going 5-3 in conference as they do

Ranks and Big 12 record

Buffs 5-3

Huskers 3-5

Cyclones 2-6

again... what has colorado done to get such repsect from people outside of the OU game? looking at their schedule right now, I dont see any way they beat texas, MU or KU. so you think that they can go to both A&m adn lincoln and get wins. keep in mind NU is there last game and A&m is towards the end of the year so the whole "new coach" thing can get thrown out the window. I think we have as good of a chance at going 5-3 in conference as they do

Agreed. People are on crack when they say CU will have a better record than us, but whatever. THey will eat their words at the end of the season. I just hope we beat KU so all the Kansas fans I know can STFU about how "good" they are.

Ok so Michigan, Florida, and USC are probably in the top 10 if not the top 15 toughest places to play but LSU beat a really good Florida team in Florida, and Appalachian State beat a Michigan team in Ann Arbor, and Standford beat USC in LA and all of those Stadiums are all LOUD. Just because a stadium is loud doesn't always mean that it's a hard place to play.....you have to put in their Home Record in the mix not the crowd noise.

From 1923 to 2007 our home record is 362-110-13 (.760) record. From 1980-2007 we've lost to about 21 teams at home with isn't bad in a 17 year span. So lets say we have 5 home games every year thats 17x5=85 home games in 17 years and only allowing 21 teams to beat us at home. Thats not bad.

I rest my case :clap

What does the W-L record have to do with it being a tough place to play? I don't think that's really something an opponent considers. Why would they care? How does that make it tough for them to play there?

I don't understand your logic...

Not to sound mean but ARE YOU SERIOUS????

So we could be undefeated at Home and still not be considered the toughtest place to play on our home field. I think a lot of people just have their mind set on......."Well if their crowd is loud, their stadium must be a hard place to play at!" I don't believe in that logic at all. If you're the best team in the nation YOUR record will reflect that in most cases in hence you'll play in the NC title game.....right? Lets say we go to Baylor and their crowd is screaming non stop then their stadium must deserve to be in the Toughest places to play at LOL. I'm just not found of people saying that just because they have a loud stadium doesn't mean that their stadium is a hard place to play at.

My math was way off early in this post but in 27 years we've only had 21 teams beat us at HOME. People are just thinking about what had happen last year and the past 4 years at Nebraska and totally forgot what Nebraska had back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Ya it's easy for Mizzo fans to pull up numbers for the past 4 years because now they think that their program is a great program that we had talked about earlier this week.

Football is all about numbers, stats, records, etc and our home record is one of those numbers. Everybody looks at other teams records and stats to justify on who's the best team in the Country or Conference. Football is a game about numbers...........not crowd noise.

But I'm going to go now and watch a high school football game because their crowd is loud and must be a tough place to play in. :dunno

I never said anything about Mizzou being some great program. I did how ever throw a BS flag :bs: on how something from 38 years ago matters for this season. PLEASE explain that to me how records from the 70's, set long before anyone one either team was born effects what happens on the field . Or maybe you could explain how the 80's do, because I am sure when Lucky was 3 years old in California he couldn't wait for the husker game on saturday. Maybe the 90's when all the kids playing this season were in middle school.

History is great for fans, media and tour guides. Even good for recruiting. But it does diddly squat for toughest places to play and it doesnt relate to wins. If that was the case then all NU would have to do is show up. And we all know that is not the case. Yeah titles are cool. Even though as a stated the other day, you won the last one right before my niece was born and she is now in the seventh grade. I will still take any of them to brag about for my team.

The deal is just because MU shut NU out four staight years in the 60s doesnt mean they will shut them out this year. Just because NU won all most all their home games 15-30 years ago doesnt mean its the toughest place to play now. I looked at 4 years because thats pretty relivant. Many players who are on teams now in college football where also on teams in 03 and 04. It is recent, not old. It realates to now, not reliving the past. If you want go back 5 or 6 years, I guess that is still pretty close, but to go back 20 years ago is a waste of time.

The sooner some of the husker fans get this through their heads the better off they will be. Unfortuanatlly for everyone I fear a small few never will

I think that your trying to rationalize something that you've never experienced. The only way to truly determine the "toughest to play at" is to interview players from our opposition that have had the mis-fortune or pleasure of playing in lincoln. Try interviewing some of the visiting coaches as well. Everyone on here can posture all they want but until you have actually experienced "any" stadium whether it's Mizzou or Lincoln you truly don't have an opinion. All the stat counters on here ( and visitors) can postulate all day long. Walk a mile in the shoes of ex players and coaches before you judge. :rant

1. its Daniel. not daniels

2. its Mizzou. not mizzo

the sooner you get that through your head, or actually pay attention to college football and stop your 'homer' roll the better off you will be.

3. if you are willing to place a bet on that "I believe that we can beat VT, KU, and Mizzo at home" statement I will be happy to take your money from you.

:corndance

If you think you have a better chance against MU than KU you are drinking the kool-aid. And thats cool. It's your right. Who am I to tell you anything. You jumped in on something that was brought up about this year and how NU is/isn't one of the toughest places to play. You took it since the beginning of time, we were talking about 08. Thats cool to it was a misunderstanding. And as I said above you can streatch it out to including further years if you choose. I gave my reasoning for that time frame. (current players, sitiuations, teams ect.) You can throw the since "MU got good" card, whatever. Seems like you have tigers on the mind since you keep bringin them up.

And maybe you should. Yeah MU choked 2 years ago with a team full of underclassmen against a team they were underdogs against. That is not the case this year. GO ahead, tell me about 30 years. I will tell you when was there a MU team this good in the last 30 years. There hasnt been one. I will also tell you NU is a shell of its former self, but that wont stop you from drinking :koolaid2: . SO I guess I will just let this die and I will look for your first post after the MU/NU game. Good luck. Just try not to choke. :cheers

Jeez don't get all butt hurt on us and sorry that I misspelled your precious QB's last name and Mizzo oops it's suppose to be Mizzou but if you want to get technical it's actually Missouri.

Now as I was saying with the Kansas has a better shot than Mizzo oops I mean Mizzou at beating Nebraska in Lincoln I'll prove my point and I'll go back 4 years as you did earlier because it's so relevant.

Kansas in 2004 lost to us 14-8 where Mizzou lost to us 24-3 and thats when we had Joe Dailey as our QB....that's pretty bad compared to your Brad Smith but you guys had pay back in 2005 at home where you slaughtered us.

Kansas in 2006 lost to us in overtime 39-32 where we beat Mizzou 34-20 and you guys had Chase Daniels oops it's Daniel.

So going with your 4 year span because it's relevant as you so put it, Kansas has proved to us that they can beat us on our own home field where else Mizzou has struggled and Kansas didn't really have any well known players.

And you say this is the Best Mizzou team you've had in 30 years, well when's the last time Nebraska had a team this bad from last years team???? So don't get all excited because your 07 Tigers beat one of thee worst Nebraska Teams in history and now this year we won't have Callahoon on our sidelines anymore.

And nobody ever said 08's toughest stadiums to play at....go ahead and scroll up, it says it nowhere believe me I've looked already.

So don't come to a Nebraska Message board and tell Husker fans to get it through their heads because now you just sound ignorant. I posted my opinions and you've backlashed everyone mocking me and even told us as Husker fans to get it through our little heads. So please do us all a favor and respect other peoples opinions and to NEVER TELL HUSKER FANS TO GET THINGS THROUGH THEIR HEADS THE BETTER OFF WE'LL BE.

So Fro Daddy please play nice or don't play at all. :woo

1. its Daniel. not daniels

2. its Mizzou. not mizzo

the sooner you get that through your head, or actually pay attention to college football and stop your 'homer' roll the better off you will be.

3. if you are willing to place a bet on that "I believe that we can beat VT, KU, and Mizzo at home" statement I will be happy to take your money from you.

:corndance

If you think you have a better chance against MU than KU you are drinking the kool-aid. And thats cool. It's your right. Who am I to tell you anything. You jumped in on something that was brought up about this year and how NU is/isn't one of the toughest places to play. You took it since the beginning of time, we were talking about 08. Thats cool to it was a misunderstanding. And as I said above you can streatch it out to including further years if you choose. I gave my reasoning for that time frame. (current players, sitiuations, teams ect.) You can throw the since "MU got good" card, whatever. Seems like you have tigers on the mind since you keep bringin them up.

And maybe you should. Yeah MU choked 2 years ago with a team full of underclassmen against a team they were underdogs against. That is not the case this year. GO ahead, tell me about 30 years. I will tell you when was there a MU team this good in the last 30 years. There hasnt been one. I will also tell you NU is a shell of its former self, but that wont stop you from drinking :koolaid2: . SO I guess I will just let this die and I will look for your first post after the MU/NU game. Good luck. Just try not to choke. :cheers

Jeez don't get all butt hurt on us and sorry that I misspelled your precious QB's last name and Mizzo oops it's suppose to be Mizzou but if you want to get technical it's actually Missouri.

Now as I was saying with the Kansas has a better shot than Mizzo oops I mean Mizzou at beating Nebraska in Lincoln I'll prove my point and I'll go back 4 years as you did earlier because it's so relevant.

Kansas in 2004 lost to us 14-8 where Mizzou lost to us 24-3 and thats when we had Joe Dailey as our QB....that's pretty bad compared to your Brad Smith but you guys had pay back in 2005 at home where you slaughtered us.

Kansas in 2006 lost to us in overtime 39-32 where we beat Mizzou 34-20 and you guys had Chase Daniels oops it's Daniel.

So going with your 4 year span because it's relevant as you so put it, Kansas has proved to us that they can beat us on our own home field where else Mizzou has struggled and Kansas didn't really have any well known players.

And you say this is the Best Mizzou team you've had in 30 years, well when's the last time Nebraska had a team this bad from last years team???? So don't get all excited because your 07 Tigers beat one of thee worst Nebraska Teams in history and now this year we won't have Callahoon on our sidelines anymore.

And nobody ever said 08's toughest stadiums to play at....go ahead and scroll up, it says it nowhere believe me I've looked already.

So don't come to a Nebraska Message board and tell Husker fans to get it through their heads because now you just sound ignorant. I posted my opinions and you've backlashed everyone mocking me and even told us as Husker fans to get it through our little heads. So please do us all a favor and respect other peoples opinions and to NEVER TELL HUSKER FANS TO GET THINGS THROUGH THEIR HEADS THE BETTER OFF WE'LL BE.

So Fro Daddy please play nice or don't play at all. :woo

Huskerjock,

Sorry if i came off as a dick, that was not my intention. I felt like you where coming after me for no real reason. Message boards are tricky that way. Its heard to get a read on the emotion of someone when its being typed. All I was doing was defending my stance cause I felt like you were getting on me for being a tiger fan. Truth is I have rarely mentioned the tigers. This come to this board for discussion. I enjoy it. I did get defensive with you because, i thought you were after me because of my avitar. There were other husker fans saying the same as i was, and I felt singled out.

No hard feelings and like i said, I meant it as a sarcastic ass, sorry if it didnt come off that way

:cheers

Huskerjock,

Sorry if i came off as a dick, that was not my intention. I felt like you where coming after me for no real reason. Message boards are tricky that way. Its heard to get a read on the emotion of someone when its being typed. All I was doing was defending my stance cause I felt like you were getting on me for being a tiger fan. Truth is I have rarely mentioned the tigers. This come to this board for discussion. I enjoy it. I did get defensive with you because, i thought you were after me because of my avitar. There were other husker fans saying the same as i was, and I felt singled out.

No hard feelings and like i said, I meant it as a sarcastic ass, sorry if it didnt come off that way

:cheers

Fro Daddy,

:lol: Nope I wouldn't get defensive with you because you're a Tigers fan, quite frankly I could care less if you are a Tigers fan. There are only four teams that I can not stand which are Colorado, Miami, Florida State and USC in that order. I enjoy coming to this site and I attend this site because everybody on this board are just done right AWESOME!!!!!!!!

We'll just forgot about this whole stupid thing and lets talk about some damn football because we are 3 days away from College Kickoff. So stay on this board and talk some football............but come the Neb vs Mizzou game.....if you guys beat us......please remind me what I told you so I can eat my words :lol: .

Ok so Michigan, Florida, and USC are probably in the top 10 if not the top 15 toughest places to play but LSU beat a really good Florida team in Florida, and Appalachian State beat a Michigan team in Ann Arbor, and Standford beat USC in LA and all of those Stadiums are all LOUD. Just because a stadium is loud doesn't always mean that it's a hard place to play.....you have to put in their Home Record in the mix not the crowd noise.

From 1923 to 2007 our home record is 362-110-13 (.760) record. From 1980-2007 we've lost to about 21 teams at home with isn't bad in a 17 year span. So lets say we have 5 home games every year thats 17x5=85 home games in 17 years and only allowing 21 teams to beat us at home. Thats not bad.

What does the W-L record have to do with it being a tough place to play? I don't think that's really something an opponent considers. Why would they care? How does that make it tough for them to play there?

So we could be undefeated at Home and still not be considered the toughtest place to play on our home field. I think a lot of people just have their mind set on......."Well if their crowd is loud, their stadium must be a hard place to play at!" I don't believe in that logic at all. If you're the best team in the nation YOUR record will reflect that in most cases in hence you'll play in the NC title game.....right? Lets say we go to Baylor and their crowd is screaming non stop then their stadium must deserve to be in the Toughest places to play at LOL. I'm just not found of people saying that just because they have a loud stadium doesn't mean that their stadium is a hard place to play at.

My math was way off early in this post but in 27 years we've only had 21 teams beat us at HOME. People are just thinking about what had happen last year and the past 4 years at Nebraska and totally forgot what Nebraska had back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Ya it's easy for Mizzo fans to pull up numbers for the past 4 years because now they think that their program is a great program that we had talked about earlier this week.

Football is all about numbers, stats, records, etc and our home record is one of those numbers. Everybody looks at other teams records and stats to justify on who's the best team in the Country or Conference. Football is a game about numbers...........not crowd noise.

But I'm going to go now and watch a high school football game because their crowd is loud and must be a tough place to play in. :dunno

I never said anything about Mizzou being some great program. I did how ever throw a BS flag :bs: on how something from 38 years ago matters for this season. PLEASE explain that to me how records from the 70's, set long before anyone one either team was born effects what happens on the field . Or maybe you could explain how the 80's do, because I am sure when Lucky was 3 years old in California he couldn't wait for the husker game on saturday. Maybe the 90's when all the kids playing this season were in middle school.

History is great for fans, media and tour guides. Even good for recruiting. But it does diddly squat for toughest places to play and it doesnt relate to wins. If that was the case then all NU would have to do is show up. And we all know that is not the case. Yeah titles are cool. Even though as a stated the other day, you won the last one right before my niece was born and she is now in the seventh grade. I will still take any of them to brag about for my team.

The deal is just because MU shut NU out four staight years in the 60s doesnt mean they will shut them out this year. Just because NU won all most all their home games 15-30 years ago doesnt mean its the toughest place to play now. I looked at 4 years because thats pretty relivant. Many players who are on teams now in college football where also on teams in 03 and 04. It is recent, not old. It realates to now, not reliving the past. If you want go back 5 or 6 years, I guess that is still pretty close, but to go back 20 years ago is a waste of time.

The sooner some of the husker fans get this through their heads the better off they will be. Unfortuanatlly for everyone I fear a small few never will

I think that your trying to rationalize something that you've never experienced. The only way to truly determine the "toughest to play at" is to interview players from our opposition that have had the mis-fortune or pleasure of playing in lincoln. Try interviewing some of the visiting coaches as well. Everyone on here can posture all they want but until you have actually experienced "any" stadium whether it's Mizzou or Lincoln you truly don't have an opinion. All the stat counters on here ( and visitors) can postulate all day long. Walk a mile in the shoes of ex players and coaches before you judge. :rant

Yeah, but while interviewing these opponents are they going to say, "Yeah, it's a tough place to play at because of all the wins they've had there over the last 30+ years"?

Don't think so...

Besides, if having the "toughest place to play" means having lots of wins at home, then Nebraska would DEFINITELY be out of the running for 2007 and going into this year.

Yeah, but while interviewing these opponents are they going to say, "Yeah, it's a tough place to play at because of all the wins they've had there over the last 30+ years"?

Don't think so...

Besides, if having the "toughest place to play" means having lots of wins at home, then Nebraska would DEFINITELY be out of the running for 2007 and going into this year.

If you're talking about the toughest places to play at this year than ya Nebraska won't even touch the top 50 but if you're talking about overall Nebraska should be still considered in the top 15. I can see your point on loud stadiums being tough to play at but back in the 80's and 90's our crowd wasn't as loud and we were considered a tough place to play at. Our crowd that we have now is about the same crowd we had 10+ years ago.

But I do agree with you that for the 08' season we will not be considered a tough place to play at.

Ranks and Big 12 record

Buffs 5-3

Huskers 3-5

Cyclones 2-6

Agreed. People are on crack when they say CU will have a better record than us, but whatever. THey will eat their words at the end of the season. I just hope we beat KU so all the Kansas fans I know can STFU about how "good" they are.

We've almost beaten better Husker teams than this than worse Kansas teams than this in Lincoln (our last 2 visits come to mind). I think we should win, if we will is obviously why we play the game.

As for CU, here is my thoughts, and I am pretty nuetral on them. I think Hawkins is a very good football coach and that it takes awhile to gt the right kids from where he started to where he is going. He is getting good classes though, and they are gonna be back just like you guys. It is not a regime change year for them, either. They had the big 2-10 pain year with the coaching upheaval, then to 6-6 and a bowl loss last year They lost their good RB, but I think they have young talent that fits their system and a good defense, so I see improvement coming again. They were 4-4 in the Big 12 last year...

WIN Sun, Aug 31 Colorado State 7:30 pm --

WIN Sat, Sep 6 Eastern Washington 3:30 pm --

LOSS Thu, Sep 18 (8) West Virginia 8:30 pm --

LOSS Sat, Sep 27 at Florida State TBA --

LOSS Sat, Oct 4 (11) Texas TBA --

LOSS Sat, Oct 11 at (14) Kansas TBA --

WIN Sat, Oct 18 Kansas State TBA --

LOSS Sat, Oct 25 at (6) Missouri TBA --

WIN Sat, Nov 1 at Texas A&M TBA --

WIN Sat, Nov 8 Iowa State TBA --

WIN Sat, Nov 15 Oklahoma State TBA --

WIN Fri, Nov 28 at Nebraska 3:30 pm --

I could have overestimate CU though, I woudl not be surpised if they dropped one or both the road games, but if asked to bet on each one of those games individually, I would pick CU. I thin kthey can get FSU, things are a bit off down there, but I am guessing they won't. Its hot, loud, and I think their suspensions are just ending. They may just knock of UT in Boulder too, hate to underestimate the Buffs in their altatidunally advantageous home.

Ranks and Big 12 record

Buffs 5-3

Huskers 3-5

Cyclones 2-6

We've almost beaten better Husker teams than this than worse Kansas teams than this in Lincoln (our last 2 visits come to mind). I think we should win, if we will is obviously why we play the game.

As for CU, here is my thoughts, and I am pretty nuetral on them. I think Hawkins is a very good football coach and that it takes awhile to gt the right kids from where he started to where he is going. He is getting good classes though, and they are gonna be back just like you guys. It is not a regime change year for them, either. They had the big 2-10 pain year with the coaching upheaval, then to 6-6 and a bowl loss last year They lost their good RB, but I think they have young talent that fits their system and a good defense, so I see improvement coming again. They were 4-4 in the Big 12 last year...

I could have overestimate CU though, I woudl not be surpised if they dropped one or both the road games, but if asked to bet on each one of those games individually, I would pick CU. I thin kthey can get FSU, things are a bit off down there, but I am guessing they won't. Its hot, loud, and I think their suspensions are just ending. They may just knock of UT in Boulder too, hate to underestimate the Buffs in their altatidunally advantageous home.

Id be SHOCKED if they won @ both a&m and Lincoln. both teams should be locked into their new systems by then. again.. I just dont see it. if cally would have just came out and ran the ball last year against them and milked our halftime lead they would have been a 5 win team

I would agree with these picks keeping in mind that not a down of football has been played yet!!

GO BO!!

BEAT THE BRONCOS!!

Finishing behind Colorado in north play? CU is definitely making strides but I don't know about 3rd in the

north :wtf

Those guys are pretty good. Hawkins can coach, his talent now fits his system, and his recruiting is great. Fear the buffs my friends, they are rising.

Buck the Fuffs!