S.I. picking NU fourth in the North,3-5

there's no way we are going to be 6-6 let alone behind colorado in the north. The game that could go either way are @ OU, and @ TTU, and Mizzou

Bama Bob picked the Huskers as the surprise team from the North yesterday during his radio segment.

Bama Bob > S.I.

Bama listed all the North teams in order of where he thought they would finish and he forgot to mention Colorado....when that was pointed out to him he said "Didn't the Big 12 trade them to the WAC for Boise State?"

Finishing behind Colorado in north play? CU is definitely making strides but I don't know about 3rd in the

north :wtf

Those guys are pretty good. Hawkins can coach, his talent now fits his system, and his recruiting is great. Fear the buffs my friends, they are rising.

again what have they done to to deserve such praise. they had to overcome a double digit halftime deficit in boulder to become bowl eligible last year. not exactly praiseworthy

there's no way we are going to be 6-6 let alone behind colorado in the north. The game that could go either way are @ OU, and @ TTU, and Mizzou

by either way did you mean nu losses by 2 td's or 4 td's. Cause i could see them going either way if thats the case

I know this is a husker board, and you do reserve all rights to drink :koolaid2: , but I think your batch has a little something ;) 'extra' ;) , if you know what i mean :wasted

by either way did you mean nu losses by 2 td's or 4 td's. Cause i could see them going either way if thats the case

I know this is a husker board, and you do reserve all rights to drink :koolaid2: , but I think your batch has a little something ;) 'extra' ;) , if you know what i mean :wasted

lol from one extreme to the other.... you better hope your coach and team arent as overconfident as the fanbase is.

Okay boys reality check.

When was the last time Nebraska beat a top 15 team. 2001 against an over ranked Oklahoma.

Our current coach got worked by any team with talent in his 2003 service

How can you expect a team that was dead last in defense, won only 5 games to turn it around and beat or play with 5 teams that are ranked int he top 15.

It ain't gonna happen kids.

7-5 at best and spanked well by a couple of them.

If VaTech comes in here and beats us like SC did last year we will have problems with Iowa State and Kansas State.

The kool Aid is good I guess, but it is making me sick. Just not touching it this year. REal is real, and it is going to be real ugly again this year for those predicting these 9,10 win and CCG contests.

"Missouri graduates make some of the best McDonalds fry cooks...."

Roy Kroc - 1997 University of Missouri Job Fair...

lol from one extreme to the other.... you better hope your coach and team arent as overconfident as the fanbase is.

I wouldn't worry too much. with every Joe Husker fan pointing out the lincoln streak and every media person bringing it up I'm pretty confident that Mizzou will be more than ready for the game.

My smart butt comment was simply because I am pretty confident, as most of you should be also, that MU is a better team than NU. People are talking possible NT and I am in now way confident enought to rattle a statement like that. I think there are a lot of games MU should win, but "been there, done that" before.

Truthfully though, way does husker fan overlook mizzou as a threat but is scared of TT. I have talked to and seen posts on here where everyone thinks they have such a good shot at upsetting MU but is marking TT as a loss. Tech is a one dimensional team. MU runs and throws, (ran for 176/g, threw for 314/g) scores (over 30pt/g avg for 3 seasons in a row) and was faster and physically stronger than NU last year. Everyone says NU is improving and thats good, but do you think MU is standing still just hanging out. Plus MU has kicked TT rear end the last three times they played, if you want to know to beat tech, watch the game film.

Besides husker fan, althought the national media is paying you no attention, I would bet that every BIG 12 team still wants to kick you butt. What, do you think one year is enought to satisfy the taste buds of teams that took it up the rear for years. Your team is a target, and will continue to be one for the while, even if there is no improvement. You WILL still get everyones top game.

"Missouri graduates make some of the best McDonalds fry cooks...."

Roy Kroc - 1997 University of Missouri Job Fair...

Oh cy

"Engineering grads at Iowa St. have done a fine job digging man-made valleys to protect their trailer park homes. Those tonka truck toys and sand pits in the playgrounds really paid off for their 200 level courses"

National FEMA representative...

Okay boys reality check.

When was the last time Nebraska beat a top 15 team. 2001 against an over ranked Oklahoma.

How can you expect a team that was dead last in defense, won only 5 games to turn it around and beat or play with 5 teams that are ranked int he top 15.

If VaTech comes in here and beats us like SC did last year we will have problems with Iowa State and Kansas State.

The kool Aid is good I guess, but it is making me sick. Just not touching it this year. REal is real, and it is going to be real ugly again this year for those predicting these 9,10 win and CCG contests.

i am with skers.......i have hope, but realistically, such a turnaround would be like Hilary winning the nomination of her party.......not very likely!.......but one can hope

Okay boys reality check.

Thank you! When I see people making tackles in the open field, maybe I'll start thinking 9 wins. Or even 7 wins.

I think it's going to be rough year.

People are talking possible NT and I am in now way confident enought to rattle a statement like that.

Very possible scenario: Hopes dashed in first game loss - season goes down hill from there. Ends up with 3-4 losses.

If they win, a very good season ensues.

Two similar pivitol games: NU/VTech, MU/I

I don't expect anyone to show us any kind of respect considering how we played last season. I also think we will go 7-5, possibly 8-4. Anything above that would be an outstanding turn around. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm saying it's improbable. Let Mizzou fans and Jayhawk fans talk smack because they played well last season. Last season is last season and all I'm looking towards in the now.

I don't expect anyone to show us any kind of respect considering how we played last season. I also think we will go 7-5, possibly 8-4. Anything above that would be an outstanding turn around. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I'm saying it's improbable. Let Mizzou fans and Jayhawk fans talk smack because they played well last season. Last season is last season and all I'm looking towards in the now.

Agreed

7-5/8-4 is not unreasonable. I forsee us upsetting a KU team who will come in overconfident and unprepared. VaTech doesnt have that great of an offense so i see our defense doing decently against them and if our offense works this year we shouldnt have a huge problem beating them. People can talk all they want but when the season comes, dont make us say I told you so.