Harrison Beck tearing it up at NC State

SI.com

N.C. State quarterback race down to two players

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- North Carolina State's quarterback race is down to two players.

Coach Tom O'Brien said Wednesday that freshman Mike Glennon will redshirt this season.

That leaves returning starter Daniel Evans or redshirt freshman Russell Wilson as O'Brien's options for the opener next week at South Carolina.

O'Brien said he is impressed by Glennon's talent, but decided after the team's third preseason scrimmage that "he's just not ready to handle some of the situations" that he might face.

Picking a quarterback has been a chore this preseason. Five players were in the mix before O'Brien trimmed the field to three last week.

Harrison Beck will be N.C. State's No. 3 quarterback, and O'Brien said Justin Burke is transferring to Louisville.

Sounds like Beck is having a stellar college career at NC State :sarcasm

Kinda sad.

I don't remember much about Beck..I think I was trying to wean myself away from the program after Callahan was hired.

Wolfpack's QB competition nearing the end

Junior Harrison Beck, who started four games last season, and sophomore Justin Burke have been ruled out as potential starters after competing early on. Coach Tom O'Brien announced Monday evening that Burke will transfer to Louisville.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

beck was one of the nation's top rated QB's coming out of high school and i am still grateful to him for electing to come to nebraska when he had a number of other offers from top ranked schools. also, beck, on his own, was very active in recruiting other players across the country to join him at nebraska.

there is no disgrace in being the #3 QB at n.c. state. most men in this country would be thrilled and honored to be in beck's position.