Herbstreit on Nebraska Part II

Kirk was just talking about Nebraska again as his team to watch. He said he wouldn't be surprised if he got to nine wins this season. Mentioned the level of the offense and the high possibility that the defense will start to get their swagger back sooner rather than later.

One pundits two cents, but definitely a change of pace from Herby's usual stuff.

Kirk was just talking about Nebraska again as his team to watch. He said he wouldn't be surprised if he got to nine wins this season. Mentioned the level of the offense and the high possibility that the defense will start to get their swagger back sooner rather than later.

One pundits two cents, but definitely a change of pace from Herby's usual stuff.

I watched that as well. Good program...

I think it is funny how some Nebraska fans diss Kirk just because of the greatest team ever contest. People talk about how he doesn't respect our history and he hates nebraska. If I remember correctly Herbsteit always gave us a lot of respect before we started our decline. I mean so what he doesn't think the 95 nebraska team isn't the greatest ever. Why do you hate a guy so much for having a different opinion. It isn't like his opinion is unjust, I don't agree with it but I see his point. You act like he has been hatin on us his whole career.

I think it is funny how some Nebraska fans diss Kirk just because of the greatest team ever contest. People talk about how he doesn't respect our history and he hates nebraska. If I remember correctly Herbsteit always gave us a lot of respect before we started our decline. I mean so what he doesn't think the 95 nebraska team isn't the greatest ever. Why do you hate a guy so much for having a different opinion. It isn't like his opinion is unjust, I don't agree with it but I see his point. You act like he has been hatin on us his whole career.

Yeah, its time to get over it.

Easier to listen to than Corso, May and The Lisp. :lol:

Have you even listened to this guy in the last several years. He disrespects the huskers AND big 12 all the time! You can keep kissing his ass, me I can't stand bias that blatant, unless it's from a huskerboard member of course!

I think it's fair to say that Herby is a homer, but he's competent, articulate, and generally delivers a solid performance on broadcast days. I prefer him to Musburger and Mark May, to be sure. That, and if I'm not mistaken, he's a proponent of a plus-one system after seeing his beloved Buckeyes get taken to school twice by SEC teams (soon to be three straight if they make it to the title game and have to play Florida again). Yes he dotes on the Buckeyes every time the chance is presented, but to be honest, they are the most potent team in the northern part of the United States as of right now. I like their chances against SC in a few weeks, and chances are they blow through the Big 10 like a lot of cheap toilet paper.

So I have no problem with Herbstreit, but ESPN in general tends to fawn over only the top 3-4 teams in the nation for hours and hours of broadcast time. I wish they'd spread the wealth a little.

I think it's fair to say that Herby is a homer, but he's competent, articulate, and generally delivers a solid performance on broadcast days. I prefer him to Musburger and Mark May, to be sure. That, and if I'm not mistaken, he's a proponent of a plus-one system after seeing his beloved Buckeyes get taken to school twice by SEC teams (soon to be three straight if they make it to the title game and have to play Florida again). Yes he dotes on the Buckeyes every time the chance is presented, but to be honest, they are the most potent team in the northern part of the United States as of right now. I like their chances against SC in a few weeks, and chances are they blow through the Big 10 like a lot of cheap toilet paper.

So I have no problem with Herbstreit, but ESPN in general tends to fawn over only the top 3-4 teams in the nation for hours and hours of broadcast time. I wish they'd spread the wealth a little.

especially with the fact that michigan will blow this year.

Have you even listened to this guy in the last several years. He disrespects the huskers AND big 12 all the time! You can keep kissing his ass, me I can't stand bias that blatant, unless it's from a huskerboard member of course!

Have you listened to a lot of husker fans the last couple of years. Some of the things I have heard from our own fans has been disrespectful. Plus, what have we done the last couple of years. NOTHING! You want a guy to give your team respect just because of the N on the side of the helmet. Me personally I want someone who will tell me honestly what is going on with the team than feed me more kool aid. I get enuff of the drink from this board. :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2: