Herbstreit on Nebraska Part II

And the reason Michigan will blow is what?

Oh yea they have a new coach, can not possibly be better or even the same.

Yes.. a new coach.. Also a new offense without the right players.. And besides the huge upset over Florida, Michigan wasn't even that good last year.. sound similar to Nebraska when Cally took over? We went 5 - 6.

I think it is funny how some Nebraska fans diss Kirk just because of the greatest team ever contest. People talk about how he doesn't respect our history and he hates nebraska. If I remember correctly Herbsteit always gave us a lot of respect before we started our decline. I mean so what he doesn't think the 95 nebraska team isn't the greatest ever. Why do you hate a guy so much for having a different opinion. It isn't like his opinion is unjust, I don't agree with it but I see his point. You act like he has been hatin on us his whole career.

Yeah, its time to get over it.

Have you even listened to this guy in the last several years. He disrespects the huskers AND big 12 all the time! You can keep kissing his ass, me I can't stand bias that blatant, unless it's from a huskerboard member of course!

I'm not "kissing his ass." All I said was get over it. You sound like a girl that got dumped 3 years ago and is still bitter about it.

Wow...he has disrespected the Huskers over the last few years, huh? Did you even watch the last few years of Husker football? It's not like there was a huge amount to respect... Besides his minor fit with the whole best teams ever thing, I haven't seen him say or do anything that was expressing a unfair opinion of our team.

I think it is funny how some Nebraska fans diss Kirk just because of the greatest team ever contest. People talk about how he doesn't respect our history and he hates nebraska. If I remember correctly Herbsteit always gave us a lot of respect before we started our decline. I mean so what he doesn't think the 95 nebraska team isn't the greatest ever. Why do you hate a guy so much for having a different opinion. It isn't like his opinion is unjust, I don't agree with it but I see his point. You act like he has been hatin on us his whole career.

I agree for the most part. He really kinda made an arse of himself when he acted like such a sissy over that greatest team contest. A contest decided by public vote. He kinda dissed on us saying that we had nothing better to do than win the contest, being in Nebraska and all. That's the only time I think he should have just not said anything. Otherwise, his opinion is sometimes biased towards the Big 10. Oh yea, and he gets paid to give us his opinion.

Yeah, its time to get over it.

Have you even listened to this guy in the last several years. He disrespects the huskers AND big 12 all the time! You can keep kissing his ass, me I can't stand bias that blatant, unless it's from a huskerboard member of course!

I'm not "kissing his ass." All I said was get over it. You sound like a girl that got dumped 3 years ago and is still bitter about it.

same could be said about people defending him. some people just dont like him.....

I personally find him easier to handle then may, holt or corso. i'm not sure how much of a compliment that is

I would imagine the problem would be his tantrum he threw(throwing his papers and so on) and saying we didnt play anyone(both 71 and 95 schedule was stacked)

he's not cheering for nebraska, he's cheering for a fellow aljumnist; both bo and kirk graduated from THE ohio state university.

aljum-wut?

alumni.

curse my spelling.

Not just fellow alumnists, teammates for two years.

Kirk can't possibly like Bo...how good of friendship can you make in practice with the guy who constantly puts you on your back?

As bad as he is at homering for the Big 10/Ohio St, I actually enjoy listening to Kirk's commentary and his game calling.

Yeah..

Me Too.

I do however..Draw the line at having Mark May say nice things about DONU.. <_<

I think it's fair to say that Herby is a homer, but he's competent, articulate, and generally delivers a solid performance on broadcast days. I prefer him to Musburger and Mark May, to be sure. That, and if I'm not mistaken, he's a proponent of a plus-one system after seeing his beloved Buckeyes get taken to school twice by SEC teams (soon to be three straight if they make it to the title game and have to play Florida again). Yes he dotes on the Buckeyes every time the chance is presented, but to be honest, they are the most potent team in the northern part of the United States as of right now. I like their chances against SC in a few weeks, and chances are they blow through the Big 10 like a lot of cheap toilet paper.

So I have no problem with Herbstreit, but ESPN in general tends to fawn over only the top 3-4 teams in the nation for hours and hours of broadcast time. I wish they'd spread the wealth a little.

Unless, of course..We happen to be in the top 4 again. :box

I think it's fair to say that Herby is a homer, but he's competent, articulate, and generally delivers a solid performance on broadcast days. I prefer him to Musburger and Mark May, to be sure. That, and if I'm not mistaken, he's a proponent of a plus-one system after seeing his beloved Buckeyes get taken to school twice by SEC teams (soon to be three straight if they make it to the title game and have to play Florida again). Yes he dotes on the Buckeyes every time the chance is presented, but to be honest, they are the most potent team in the northern part of the United States as of right now. I like their chances against SC in a few weeks, and chances are they blow through the Big 10 like a lot of cheap toilet paper.

So I have no problem with Herbstreit, but ESPN in general tends to fawn over only the top 3-4 teams in the nation for hours and hours of broadcast time. I wish they'd spread the wealth a little.

Of course on the same program, he did pick USC to be in the title game this year implying he picks USC to defeat Ohio State next month. But considering he lives and works in Columbus, Ohio I'd be surprised if he was not delighted when Ohio State does well. I'm sure Trev is happy when Nebraska does well.

Here's what he had to say about being a homer a few years ago:

ucatsjaf (12:26:15 PM)

Being an OSU grad, is it hard to be unbiased when covering the Buckeyes?

Kirk Herbstreit (12:26:15 PM)

When I first started in my career covering teams nationally, I was probably oversensitive to that concern and probably went the other way and was probably more critical of Ohio State than I needed to be. But in the last five or six years, I've been able to separate that concern from reality. For example, for the OSU-Texas game, I was not concerned or worried about coming across biased towards Ohio State. I was just concerned about analyzing the game, the teams, and the emotions of what I was watching.

I also like when he calls out Musberger and Corso for the idiotic crap they spew. At least Kirk has good reason to be cheering for one of the teams unlike Musberger who always seems to be pumping up Notre Dame or Michigan.