What are you feeling?

4 days to go and I cant read enough, watch enough, or listen to enough about the Huskers.

What are you feeling today? I am antsy, planning things to get done before Saturday, thinking that Saturday night kick off will never get here.

Is it just me or do some of you have a kind of "Gaurded" optimism about Saturday. I SO want to think we are going to dominate in every aspect of the game, but the last few years have me cautious. Are these feeling normal or expected?

What are the rest of you Husker fans thinking?

I'm feeling somewhat numb right now. Even if we do dominate in every faucet of the game Saturday, I'm still very nervous. Last year, we pretty much dominated a Nevada team that eventually went on to make a bowl game. If we play VT to a very close game and especially if we win, confidence will be built and we should have a successful season. My goals for the team right now are to be competitive in every game we play this season. I'm also hopeful that we're a much better team in November than we are right now.

I'm feeling pretty lucky because the Clones stomp their first opponent on Thursday night, giving me 36 hours to crow about how great we are without having any other game results from anywhere in the entire nation to compare ISU's performance against thus trumping all other opinions or arguments ("You say the Cyclones are going to suck this year? Really? Well, we are already 1-0...and you guys are...what...Oh yeah, you haven't even played yet have you ya losers!")

Or...it gives me an excuse to take Friday off and hide in my basement if Iowa State loses thus turning the 3 day holiday into a 4 day mini-vacation. Where I work, that qualifies as an "excused absence"...<_<

At first I thought it was just me getting older. Then I chalked it up to the fact that I just had enough of good ole billy c. The last 2 years I`ve been excited for the season to start but it was not like the good old days. This year is different....I AM PUMPED!!...I am so excited for this season to get started that I just can`t get enough information. TV, the internet, newspapers.....I got`em all. Will bo be the best thing for the Huskers?

Only time will tell but it sure feels right.

GBR

:bonez:bonez

I'm feeling pretty lucky because the Clones stomp their first opponent on Thursday night, giving me 36 hours to crow about how great we are without having any other game results from anywhere in the entire nation to compare ISU's performance against thus trumping all other opinions or arguments ("You say the Cyclones are going to suck this year? Really? Well, we are already 1-0...and you guys are...what...Oh yeah, you haven't even played yet have you ya losers!")

Or...it gives me an excuse to take Friday off and hide in my basement if Iowa State loses thus turning the 3 day holiday into a 4 day mini-vacation. Where I work, that qualifies as an "excused absence"...<_<

I see a few other contests that day but then again it could be badmitton they play on thursdays :corndance

Thursday, August 28

Time (ET) Matchup TV PPV XM Radio Tickets

7:00 PM Northeastern at Ball State Tickets

7:00 PM UTEP at Buffalo Tickets

7:00 PM Eastern Illinois at Central Michigan Tickets

7:00 PM Indiana State at Eastern Michigan Tickets

7:30 PM Hofstra at Connecticut Tickets

7:30 PM Jacksonville State at Georgia Tech Tickets

7:30 PM Vanderbilt at Miami (OH) Tickets

7:30 PM Eastern Kentucky at Cincinnati Tickets

7:30 PM Charleston Southern at Miami (FL) Tickets

7:30 PM Troy at Middle Tennessee Tickets

8:00 PM #23 Wake Forest at Baylor Tickets

8:00 PM South Dakota State at Iowa State Tickets

8:00 PM North Carolina State at South Carolina

Tickets

9:00 PM Oregon State at Stanford

I see a few other contests that day but then again it could be badmitton they play on thursdays :corndance

Thursday, August 28

Tickets

Didn't Iowa State get beat by Kent State to open the season on a Thursday night last season? Be Careful.

Kent State MAC btw.

Thursday, August 28

Tickets

I stand corrected...any Hofstra fans that want to tell me ISU sucks anytime between Friday and Saturday are more than welcome.... <_<

It feels weird not being around the buzz of Husker Nation this time of year (graduated in Dec '06). I miss the excitement and the fact that it was the only thing of importance in Lincoln, or Nebraska for that matter.

I recently moved out to Chicago and until last night (got an e-mail from Husker Alums in the Chi-Town area) I've been severely out of the loop when it comes to Husker Football. but now I've found we have all the area Huskers out here who are meeting up to watch the game this weekend (and the next 2 PPV games to!) and I'm getting more excited by the minute. Now I'm itching for my fix of the Huskers, especially since I've been seeing how there isn't much expected out of the guys this year.

Personally, I'd rather be in this postition and be able to fight for what we (the team) want and people look past us instead of having high expectations and be motivated by fear just to make it look like we belonged at a particular rankning. When people don't expect it from you, you have nothing to lose, right? Bo is demanding perfection and it doing all he can to put together a team we can all be proud of. I have full confidence in Bo and am looking forward to the first game!

4 days to go and I cant read enough, watch enough, or listen to enough about the Huskers.

What are you feeling today? I am antsy, planning things to get done before Saturday, thinking that Saturday night kick off will never get here.

Is it just me or do some of you have a kind of "Gaurded" optimism about Saturday. I SO want to think we are going to dominate in every aspect of the game, but the last few years have me cautious. Are these feeling normal or expected?

im ready man go huskers!!!!!!

I'm thinking:

3 days :0 hr :51 min :49 sec

I'm pumped!! Was driving to work this morning and saw a dude with a Blackshirts bumpersticker on his car, a rare thing out here in SD. Anyways, as I passed, I rolled down the window, yelled out "GO HUSKERS" and threw the bones. Think he threw them back and then gave a wave when he passed as I got off the freeway. Made my F-ing day!!! Man, Sat can't come soon enough!! GBR!!!

I've been pacing around the house like a caged wolf. I've put my jersey on a few times just to watch DVDs of old games. I can't seem to get anything done at work, and I have trouble getting to sleep lately. Beer helps. I'll be watching the game with about 400 other screaming Husker fans, which is a cool thing to see here in Minnesota.

I decided to take my bike for a ride yesterday. I was wearing my Husker long-sleeve shirt, and as I was cruising down one of the trails around here, a guy riding toward me yelled out "Go Big Red!" as we passed each other. It was awesome. You never know where you'll find another Husker fan, which is why it becomes important to always wear some piece of Husker gear.

I'm thinking that it might be in my best interest to just call in sick tomorrow, drink a buttload of beer, and pass out until Saturday.