TMQ and college schedules

MISSOURI...of course some people are choosing them to get to the title game.

TMQ NFC Preview

TMQ's winner for Cupcake Schedule of the Year is Missouri. Not only does Mizzou enjoy a soft sked of eight at home, four away; not only does the school play five of its first six at home; Missouri boldly scheduled three consecutive home dates against cupcakes: Division I-AA Southeast Missouri; Nevada, which lost 52-10 last year at Nebraska and lost 52-21 the year before at Arizona State; and Buffalo, which has 15 total wins since joining Division I-A in 1999. Hand out cupcakes at halftime! Tell the marching band to form a giant cupcake! Missouri has pretenses about top-10 status -- but several of its W's will be garnered via one of the phoniest schedules in college football history.

MISSOURI...of course some people are choosing them to get to the title game.

TMQ NFC Preview

TMQ's winner for Cupcake Schedule of the Year is Missouri. Not only does Mizzou enjoy a soft sked of eight at home, four away; not only does the school play five of its first six at home; Missouri boldly scheduled three consecutive home dates against cupcakes: Division I-AA Southeast Missouri; Nevada, which lost 52-10 last year at Nebraska and lost 52-21 the year before at Arizona State; and Buffalo, which has 15 total wins since joining Division I-A in 1999. Hand out cupcakes at halftime! Tell the marching band to form a giant cupcake! Missouri has pretenses about top-10 status -- but several of its W's will be garnered via one of the phoniest schedules in college football history.

Wrong board. Wrong information.

Wrong board, yes.

But the information sounds pretty right to me. Who do you guys play again?

A decent Illinois team that got smoked by USC in a BCS bowl that they didn't belong in.

A very underachieving Texas team.

Kansas (one year overachievers) and Nebraska.

I'd say your schedule is set up quite nicely for a fake run at dominance.

first of all, i see plenty of non-husker football related topics on this exact board, so...what's that about? should i have named the topic "GBR!!!! Missery sucks"? probably. i regret that now. but if it is the wrong board, apologies for sullying the good name of husker football by talking about missouri being stupid in it.

and second, why is that the wrong information? if kansas was playing your schedule, you'd be saying that it was soft.

first of all, i see plenty of non-husker football related topics on this exact board, so...what's that about? should i have named the topic "GBR!!!! Missery sucks"? probably. i regret that now. but if it is the wrong board, apologies for sullying the good name of husker football by talking about missouri being stupid in it.

and second, why is that the wrong information? if kansas was playing your schedule, you'd be saying that it was soft.

MU fans are still trying to get used to the criticism that comes with having success.

Wrong board, yes.

But the information sounds pretty right to me. Who do you guys play again?

A decent Illinois team that got smoked by USC in a BCS bowl that they didn't belong in.

A very underachieving Texas team.

Kansas (one year overachievers) and Nebraska.

I'd say your schedule is set up quite nicely for a fake run at dominance.

Well, since no teams have played yet, 'underachieving' is a little brash. Illinois is pre-season (AP Poll) #20, Texas #10, KU #14. Nevada and Buffalo were scheduled several years ago, and one never knows what a team will be like in the future.

Mizzou's single roll-over is S.E. Missouri State. They get some money, we get a win.

And the author's information that Mizzou is playing "8 games at home" is incorrect. 1 of the 8 is in St. Louis (Illinois) and one is in KC (vs KU). Since the crowds are about 50/50 for each school, they're hardly home games.

Virginia Tech is a waaay better team than Illinois.

VT is ranked #17 to Illinois #20. And since neither has played, how do you know VT is 'waaay' better?

Well you have to admit that Our Schedule is far more hard than Mizzou's nothing against Mizzou. We have to play against #17 VT, #14 Kansas, and #6 Mizzou at home and away games at #4 Oklahoma and #12 Texas Tech.

But the season starts tomorrow and three more days for Nebraska. Right now they have the 07' Auburn vs LSU game on ESPN Classic ummmm I mean SEC Classic now that ESPN is going to show all SEC games. <_<

VT is ranked #17 to Illinois #20. And since neither has played, how do you know VT is 'waaay' better?

Well you have to admit that Our Schedule is far more hard than Mizzou's nothing against Mizzou. We have to play against #17 VT, #14 Kansas, and #6 Mizzou at home and away games at #4 Oklahoma and #12 Texas Tech.

But the season starts tomorrow and three more days for Nebraska. Right now they have the 07' Auburn vs LSU game on ESPN Classic ummmm I mean SEC Classic now that ESPN is going to show all SEC games. <_<

Yes - your schedule is more difficult than MU's (on paper). Luck of the draw.

With millions of dollars at stake in the BCS system, easy schedules are becoming the norm.

Check LSU's first 3 games: Appalachian State (decent FCS team), Troy, North Texas

OSU opens with Wash. St, Houston, MO State and Troy

OU opens against Chattanooga (actually UT-Chattanooga and FCS team)

A team doesn't get to the championship game with 2 or 3 losses anymore.

With millions of dollars at stake in the BCS system, easy schedules are becoming the norm.

Check LSU's first 3 games: Appalachian State (decent FCS team), Troy, North Texas

"cough" LSU "cough"

I fixed it for you...

I don't want to take anything away from you Tigers I'm just saying that we play against 5 teams in the top 20 with 3 of those teams on our home field.

I wouldn't take anything away from Appalachian State for their team is really really quick and fast. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat LSU for LSU has lost a lot of people due to the draft, suspenions, or got kicked off the team.