Chad Roark (brother)

kramer

hello, if chad roark is transferring to NU then his coming would be welcomed by me...since, he started for ou in their spring game at center, & was chosen for the army all-amer game in san antonio this last fall, & this would reunite the two roark brothers who last summer hoped to play div I as teammates...

but, as far as NU is considered are they now willing to give a schollie to a kid who they did not consider worthy last yr, & whose performance at NU's summer camp was fair-to-ok (I mean did not cole bunner, who was asked to walk on at NU, out perform roark)

what say you?

hootin', Roark did not attend any NU camp. That is the whole reason Roark didn't receive an offer. The NU staff said Roark would have an offer if he attended, but he didn't. Then IIRC, he suffered an injury that wouldn't let him attend regardless.

The coaching staff wanted to see him up close, but were not given the chance so they did not offer and Chad commited elsewhere.

Heres in interesting twist...

I attended a post spring game event at the new Hawks center (by the way, it's unbelivable) that featured current players, 2006 signees, most if all of the 2007 recruits that were at the game and staff (a relative of mine works in the athletic department). One of the guys there was one Mr. Chad Roark. He sat with Craig and his dad and was wearing his Army All-American shirt AND a Husker hat. Not sure what to make of it. Most likely its just a brother coming to Lincoln to watch his brother play and get some free food, but it was an interesting sight to see....

Another note, I saw Jarett Lee and his dad talking to Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore for a very long time. He might be good as N...

Heres in interesting twist...

I attended a post spring game event at the new Hawks center (by the way, it's unbelivable) that featured current players, 2006 signees, most if all of the 2007 recruits that were at the game and staff (a relative of mine works in the athletic department). One of the guys there was one Mr. Chad Roark. He sat with Craig and his dad and was wearing his Army All-American shirt AND a Husker hat. Not sure what to make of it. Most likely its just a brother coming to Lincoln to watch his brother play and get some free food, but it was an interesting sight to see....

Another note, I saw Jarett Lee and his dad talking to Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore for a very long time. He might be good as N...

Thanks for the post Cropduster...I'm interested in hearing more about the new Hawks center...probably not appropriate for this thread, but would love to hear more about it on 'other sports' or whatever works. :thumbs

just the fact that he will have to sit out 2 years if he transfers here makes me wonder if it would be something that would happen. But then again you have to think, if he isnt good enough to play now, and pry not next year, but has potential....maybe they could build him up to contend for a starting spot in 2 years. i dunno, its just hard to imagine anyone wanting to transfer somewhere and sit 2. Of course i dont know how good the kid really is so i dunno.. :blink:

just the fact that he will have to sit out 2 years if he transfers here makes me wonder if it would be something that would happen. But then again you have to think, if he isnt good enough to play now, and pry not next year, but has potential....maybe they could build him up to contend for a starting spot in 2 years. i dunno, its just hard to imagine anyone wanting to transfer somewhere and sit 2. Of course i dont know how good the kid really is so i dunno.. :blink:

Why would he have to sit out 2 years?