Chad Roark (brother)

kramer

What kind of pull does Stoops have down there. If Roark has already been released by the team then how can Stoops still be telling Roark what to do. Im not saying that its right for Roark to blast any part of the OU program because he is leaving but the fact that he can't saying anything because Stoops doesn't want him to is kind of weird.

What kind of pull does Stoops have down there. If Roark has already been released by the team then how can Stoops still be telling Roark what to do. Im not saying that its right for Roark to blast any part of the OU program because he is leaving but the fact that he can't saying anything because Stoops doesn't want him to is kind of weird.

They do the same thing everywhere, including NU

• 2 weeks later...

Email that is circulating about why Chad Roark transfered. It talks about the strength coach running a boot camp and making kids eat puke:

Enjoy:

Email going around:

"While I did not want to hear the truth about Roarks decision to leave I did and it is not sitting well in my stomach. I have heard the graphic detail of abuse by coach Schmidt on a number of players. Stoops is furious with him. I understand that Schmidt is responsible for the players working hard to get in shape but what I've heard has nothing to do with fitness and everything to do with him powertripping over some of the players. Stoops is well aware of incidents over the last few years with Schmidt. I will not name any names of players out of respect. I will say that he kicked a kid off of a stairmaster and he recieved a concussion. He also made a kid drink his own puke. Not pretty allegations and I will not get any more graphic than that unless some of you don't believe me. Stoops was told about Schmidts behavior by Roark and he was mad as hell at Schmidt. He promised Roark that if he stayed at OU Schmidt would not behave that way again. However from the abuse, and that is what it is demoralizing abuse, that Roark took it is easy to see that he will need a bit of time to recover mentally if he is to come back to OU. I know Schmidt does a great job getting our players in shape but I think he's let this whole "Schmidty is the MVP of our team" thing cloud his steroid raged buzz cut mind. He should be on the verge of getting fired. I want a reporter at a news conference to ask Stoops about this. If he wants Roark to come back he will not cover it up."

• 1 month later...

Chad Roark

Roark transfer still on track

Chad Roark said his transfer from Oklahoma to Nebraska remains on track, but that he won't be able to work out with the Huskers this summer and can't start classes at NU until the fall semester.

The center from Ada, Okla., graduated early from high school and spent the spring semester at OU. Going to Nebraska, he'll rejoin his brother, Craig, a redshirt freshman who moved from offensive to defensive line in spring practice.

Because Chad Roark is transferring within the Big 12, he will be required to both sit out a season and lose a year of eligibility. That would make him a sophomore when he begins playing in 2007.

"It'll all be fine," he said. "I'll just work on getting bigger and stronger."

This is good news. Everything is going right with a transfer. Too bad he looses a year of elgibility.

Chad Roark

Roark transfer still on track

Chad Roark said his transfer from Oklahoma to Nebraska remains on track, but that he won't be able to work out with the Huskers this summer and can't start classes at NU until the fall semester.

The center from Ada, Okla., graduated early from high school and spent the spring semester at OU. Going to Nebraska, he'll rejoin his brother, Craig, a redshirt freshman who moved from offensive to defensive line in spring practice.

Because Chad Roark is transferring within the Big 12, he will be required to both sit out a season and lose a year of eligibility. That would make him a sophomore when he begins playing in 2007.

"It'll all be fine," he said. "I'll just work on getting bigger and stronger."

This is good news. Everything is going right with a transfer. Too bad he looses a year of elgibility.

Yeah I am not sure they got it totally accurate I heard from people close to the sit. that he just has to sit out the first year. So he will be a freshman in 2007 maybe things have changed

I'm sorry, but if a kid leaves a school because of abuse like that he should not be forced to lose any eligibility. I know that will never happen, but come on it's the right thing to do.

I guess Stoops played nicey nice to avoid leaks of abuse and did the best he could so that there will be no clear-cut evidence (damaging his program) of that abuse. But if the rumors above are true, it seems a bit unfair to punish the player and the new school for the actions of a coach. There should be some sort of a clause to allow the coach to waive the loss of eligibility.