UPDATED - VaTech Tailgate/Huskerboard Tailgate

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help. I had wanted to do it in Lubbock this year, but will have to miss that game. The wife can not take that much time away from her work. She could, but she won't, you know the story. Can hardly wait.

send an email to me with your address and what you charge for cars. I'm coming in Saturday Thanks! mmorris01@sbcglobal.net

Great, looking forward to putting a face with name. Plus I owe you a beer or something I think.

well since you dont drink, and i dont drink that much anymore, i'll take a diet coke

OOPS! Replied to the wrong post. Can you email me with info on your game day parking? I may try to put together a last minute tail gate party here even though I'm leaving for Lincoln in the morning (Thursday) to attend a conference at the U.

mmorris01@sbcglobal.net

I attended the NMS game last night and the spots just north of the stadium I mentioned earlier under the ped bridge are no longer available. There was tape around the whole area keeping everyone out and a no trespassing sign put up stating it was City of Lincoln property and even a policeman patrolling the area.

Haymarket sounds good to us.

I went to the game last night and parket in Lot 20 by the baseball field. they were selling RV spots for $75 and looked like a great place to tailgate, and there were a lot of that going on.

I got to the parking lot about 2 hours before game time and had a parking pass. As i was driving in, I asked if anyone could park in there and the lady said, yes but that they had sold out of the cash tickets and only pass holders were allowed in.

Its a nice little hike to the stadium for the game, but not unreasonable, so if this is the area that you are talking about, then make sure you get there early

Rob

Is there any spots close to the stadium in lots with a good atmosphere that can accommodate a 42" RV? Its sort of a big rig, but do I need to pay in advance / be a booster to get a spot for it? Or can it just show up early enough on game day / night before to be fine?

Parents are neither boosters nor been to a game nor attended a university so this being their first husker game is pretty exciting for them. They decided to bring the big rig down for it and they're looking for a good first experience tailgating for the Mizzou game.

Dude, unfortunately I missed your last one -- I spoke to you by cell phone about it. When you say chicken, do you mean fried chicken? I am diabetic and I watch myself pretty closely. I could eat a burger without the bun. Or eat the chicken and take the breading off. What sides will you have? Will there be a lettuce salad or other complex carb dish? I stay away from simple carbs (I made the big mistake of having spaghetti last night and my blood sugar went through the roof. <_<) So if I decide to come, should I bring a complex carb dish? -- Spartness

P.S.: Come after Thanksgiving, I am going on an ultra strick diet and try to reverse this pain-in-the-ass disease. Most doctors will say you can't. I have heard otherwise. :)

Should be pulling out of SoCal with in the hour, headed to Utah for some mountain biking then to Denver for dinner with friends on to Missouri for the birth of my grand daughter. Then some serious preperation for the tail gate.

Will keep you guys abreast of what and where as soon as it totally figured out. I will pm my cell number to any who need it prior to the game.

Should be pulling out of SoCal with in the hour, headed to Utah for some mountain biking then to Denver for dinner with friends on to Missouri for the birth of my grand daughter. Then some serious preperation for the tail gate.

Will keep you guys abreast of what and where as soon as it totally figured out. I will pm my cell number to any who need it prior to the game.

Your one hell of a guy skersfan...thanks and enjoy the trip