UPDATED - VaTech Tailgate/Huskerboard Tailgate

Okay guys I am having a tailgate at the VaTech game. Black Shirt and Eric the Red are working on finding a spot to do it.

It will be like the one at SC. I will feed 200 people, burgers, dogs, chicken and soft drinks. I will have coolers for beer, but I do not drink so I will not buy it. But if there are donations for the food we will turn that into free beer. It worked pretty darned good at SC, you can ask Rawhide about it.

I have a new 40 foot Toy hauler, with room inside and a couple of TV's to watch the day games, I think VaTech will be a night game.

Anyone that knows of a place to park this mess not to far off the beaten path will be treated like royalty.

I need help finding a place to park. I am not terribly familiar with where to try to park. Any and all suggestions will be pursued.

Rawhide you coming to cook?

Could mod make this a stickly please

Update

skersfan has arrived in Lincoln! North of Haymarket field in Lot 20, NOT Lot 19 as originally thought.

He is driving a GMC Sierra Dually, White, 2007 4X4. Towing a 2008 Stellar Toy Hauler, the trailer is white with blue and carbon fiber graphics, says Krawler Hauler on it. It will have a Nebraska flag on a very tall poll flying from the back. Look for weiner dogs and you have found us. Feel free to bring any special snacks that you want.

map.png

See you there. I'll be in Red.

:horns2

hmmmm. a tailgate partY at B-tech game I will be at the V-tech game but I have never been to a tailgate party. I see them when i am walking to the stadium but I haven't went over to them as i wasn't invited to them :( Sounds like alot of fun

That is the wonderfull thing about Husker tailgating the peaple are great and if you talk to the peaple that are tailgating, you will find that we all have a love for the same thing Husker Football. I have met alot of new friends tailgating at Husker games over the years, and my first time I didn't know anyone. For the most part you can talk to just about anyone, and as long as you are not a complete a$$ you will find yourself being invited back. If someone is generous to you return the favor or pass it on to the next person whenever you become a fulltime tailgator, it's what makes the huskernation go round. It's really a great time even at away games like Wake Forest where we took over what I believe was their tailgating spot. So when you see everyone tailgaiting come on in we don't bite.

Okay guys I am having a tailgate at the VaTech game. Black Shirt and Eric the Red are working on finding a spot to do it.

It will be like the one at SC. I will feed 200 people, burgers, dogs, chicken and soft drinks. I will have coolers for beer, but I do not drink so I will not buy it. But if there are donations for the food we will turn that into free beer. It worked pretty darned good at SC, you can ask Rawhide about it.

I have a new 40 foot Toy hauler, with room inside and a couple of TV's to watch the day games, I think VaTech will be a night game.

Anyone that knows of a place to park this mess not to far off the beaten path will be treated like royalty.

I need help finding a place to park. I am not terribly familiar with where to try to park. Any and all suggestions will be pursued.

Rawhide you coming to cook?

Could mod make this a stickly please

The one we had last year for the SC game we paid in advance but either way I will be glad to donate to the cause.

Can you not use the same place as the SC game last year?

doesn't anyone here have a tailgate spot reserved outside the stadium?

the guys I tailgate with are friends of my friend and they have a reserved spot in lot 18. I don't really know them since it's just friends of a friend so I can't offer their spot :) But I'm sure at least one person here as got to have a designated tailgating spot they use year in and year out...?

Maybe if I get to know the guys for the first three games I can bring up the idea...especially if I mention free food and free beer.

I guess the only issue is fitting in a 40 footer into a space. Do they usually offer reserved spaces based on the size of your vehicle?

In the midwest it is just normally what type of vehicle. It normally runs 100 to 150 bucks for the site, at SC it cost me 400 to park.

Again could a mod make this a sticky. Black Shirt and Eric have authorized it to be one. They both attended the one in LA and had a ball.

I am actually headed to Missouri, my first grand child will be born on the 22nd of September. Then up to Nebraska. If you can go for three weeks and want to listent to a screaming newborn your more than welcome.

But if I can not find a spot to park pretty quick, I am going to pull the plug on it. No one returns calls and with no real leads it is getting to the point of why mess with it.

I will keep trying for another week or so, but there seems to be very little interest and I can not get it put up as a sticky for some reason.

I am actually headed to Missouri, my first grand child will be born on the 22nd of September. Then up to Nebraska. If you can go for three weeks and want to listent to a screaming newborn your more than welcome.

But if I can not find a spot to park pretty quick, I am going to pull the plug on it. No one returns calls and with no real leads it is getting to the point of why mess with it.

I will keep trying for another week or so, but there seems to be very little interest and I can not get it put up as a sticky for some reason.

THE SCREAMING SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

But the 3 weeks would be too much time off work.

I almost gave up looking for this post..(I almost never look at the sticky section..Having a problem with ants).

I couldn't remember for sure, but I thought you lived out here in the Valley of the Sun at one time or another.

Good luck with the new Baby and finding a spot for your yacht.