How Does It Look?

cmb23

Win or Lose?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A member posted on another thread about wanting to see Turner Gill's Buffalo Bulls 'whoop' on Missouri in a couple of weeks. It got me thinking.

While it would be cool for Turner, it would look horrible for the Big 12. If Missouri, who many have picked as Big 12 and possible National Champion, were to go and get beat by an average mid-major school...it would reflect badly on our conference as a whole. Say this Buffalo-defeated Missouri team beats up on Nebraska...many would view Buffalo as a better team than NU. Is that what you want?

I, personally, have never understood people rooting against conference opponents in non-conference games. Maybe when I was in elementary school and Oklahoma was the "evil empire" I did. But now, every win (in particular big wins) out of conference for the OU's, KSU's, CU's and so on...just make the Big 12, therefore the Huskers, appear stronger than the rest of the nation.

Thoughts???

any team can lose to any team on any given day... they're called upsets ..

i would be "ROTFLMAO" if Missouri lost to Buffalo ... it would make my day.... and if NU lost to Missouri after the fact it would not mean Buffalo is better than Nebraska... it would mean Buffalo was better than Missouri on that day they played each other

i would be "ROTFLMAO" if Missouri lost to Buffalo ... it would make my day.... and if NU lost to Missouri after the fact it would not mean Buffalo is better than Nebraska... it would mean Buffalo was better than Missouri on that day they played each other

not in this crappy BCS world we live in.

not in this crappy BCS world we live in.

good point but it likely won't affect our Huskers this year

I want most to win, but then again there are a few teams I just want to see lose. I always cheer for CSU when they play CU because forever they were looked upon as the ugly stepchild in the state of Colorado. I'll cheer for Illinois over Mizzou because I still think Zook got a raw deal down in Florida and am hopeful he eventually gets to whoop up on Florida in a bowl. It's just very painful for me if I ever have to cheer for Texas.

No matter what I may think about the other Big XII teams, I always find myself hoping that they win so that they don't make the conference look bad...like Baylor did last night. :angry:

Eh, yeah but it's Baylor. And Wake Forest is a pretty good team. I don't think anyone expected different.

Yeah, I know. I guess every conference has it's own whipping boy, but even Vanderbilt pulls off an upset here and there.

I think you have to cheer for Big 12 teams that play out of conference....however, I will have a very difficult time cheering for MU when they lock it up with Illinois tomorrow night. But they need to win that game in order to help our conference strenght. A loss to Illinois would be a bad blow to our conference.

No pressure MU!

I want them all to win except for Missouri.

I don't like Chase Daniel and his sh**ty attitude. If I see him being flippant toward a coach or chewing out an offensive lineman again this year I will, uhh.... Probably not be very surprised. That pouty little bitch needs to get stuffed by a DT and just disappear this season.

I would agree. Chase Daniel is the cockiest loud mouth in the conference. The dude has never heard of the word humble. He makes me sick.

I want them all to win except for Missouri.

I don't like Chase Daniel and his sh**ty attitude. If I see him being flippant toward a coach or chewing out an offensive lineman again this year I will, uhh.... Probably not be very surprised. That pouty little bitch needs to get stuffed by a DT and just disappear this season.

I would agree. Chase Daniel is the cockiest loud mouth in the conference. The dude has never heard of the word humble. He makes me sick.

You love um when they are on your team. You hate them when they are not. NU fans loved Scott Frost and he was probably one of the biggest pricks in big 12 history. KU fans love Ressing. He plays up to the cameras, talking smack and dancing for the cameras pregame. Chase acts like he is good. But i have yet to hear him say anything that comes off like a prick when being interviewed. He is good and he knows it. I'll admit he has his times. But good god look at Freeman. He is a mouthy little punk and he hasnt done a darn thing. If I was Jordy Nelson when i came to a KSU game I would smack him right up side his fat head.

JSG, I love ya man, but Chase is pretty humble when talking to the media. I have only heard two things that someone could say sounded bad. The crack on NU's D last year. After he was asked about the 10th time what they did, he said nothing that he didnt see in HS. That came off bad and is probably a big reason why some NU fans dislike him. The other was during big 12 media day when asked who the best big 12 qb was. Said himself, then followed with you have to believe in yourself and talked about the quality and depth of talent in the conference. Thats it. I would say he comes off pretty humble considering.