NU Win = Top 25?

Nope because the media hate us and they want to see us fail!

There's always got to be one...or hundreds. Do you REALLY think that 'the media' conspires to keep Nebraska down in the rankings? If so...you really need to get out more. To be honest, I don't think 'the media' gives two $hits about Nebraska right now other than knowing it is a TRADITIONAL powerhouse. And if you listen to 'the media' they speak of Nebraska with respect and often refer to past teams (that were successful). 'The media' isn't what's keeping Nebraska down in the rankings...it's 5-7, 9-5, 8-4, 5-6, 10-3, 7-7 for a combined 44-38 (a 53.6%) record over the past 6 seasons. As a bonus, very few of those 44 wins were over higher ranked teams or could be considered upsets.

A 53% winning percentage with very few 'quality wins' is what keeps a team out of the top 25....not 'the media'.

As for when we'll be ranked? It will take a WIN over Mizzou to get in the rankings...not a close game.

I'm just curious how you know with such certainty that the ONLY way we're getting into the rankings is if we handily beat Missouri. I think you're way off base. If we dominate our next two games against the "creampuffs" and then take care of business against Virginia Tech with a convincing win, I don't see why we can't crack the Top 25. At least 24 or 25. It's not like we're that far off anyway, we're ranked 39th right now. I don't think it's too crazy to think we can mov eup 14 more spots if we win 3 more.

So I'm just curious if your opinion has changed on this. (Of course you'll likely say no because you won't admit it.) Combine our first two performances. Add our next game against New Mexico State (who hasn't played yet this year). Then Tech who is 1-1 with a big 24-7 win over 1-AA Furman. You still really think we're going to crack the top 25?

I'm even more confident now that we would have to beat Missouri to get a look at the top 25.

Well as far as ranking VaTech will have little affect on what happens to us. But it still gives us an idea of where we are.

VaTech could have another loss by the time they get here.

Now Missouri is the main game of the year for us.

We have to hope they get by Illinois and head in here undefeated. Then we know where we are and what we have.

:yeah

I don't think we even have to beat mizzou to get into the polls, if we play a very close game to mizzou, within 7 point finish through out all 4 quarters and never fall behind or have a lead on them with them coming back, and we win against VTech we'll get in the polls. Not to mention you know that winning by 20 points or more against Vtech is going to put is atleast in the 22-25 range so that the mizzou game will draw more attention nationally....

I don't think we even have to beat mizzou to get into the polls, if we play a very close game to mizzou, within 7 point finish through out all 4 quarters and never fall behind or have a lead on them with them coming back, and we win against VTech we'll get in the polls. Not to mention you know that winning by 20 points or more against Vtech is going to put is atleast in the 22-25 range so that the mizzou game will draw more attention nationally....

i don't think it needs that to draw national attention... it will all be about how mizzou hasn't won here forever anyways.... and wondering if they can get over the hump

Have you considered that vaTech could be unrated by the time they play? They don't have sjs and nms on their schedule.

IMO-- Beating vaTech is unlikely to place the mighty huskers in the top 25. Losing to mizzou wouldn't either. Beating mizzou definitely would.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

Because 'convincing wins' over creampuffs shouldn't move us up in the rankings. They are games we are expected to win...and expected to win convincingly. If we are 39th and we win against teams ranked 75th or lower...as we are supposed to...then we should still be around the same place. In no way should wins over SJSU and NMSt (especially at home) bump us up....

If we cream nmsu @ handle vt well, we should break the top 25...think 'attrition' :horns2

Well then using that kind of logic USC shouldn't of leap frogged to #1 over OSU. They beat a team that they were supposed to

Well then using that kind of logic USC shouldn't of leap frogged to #1 over OSU. They beat a team that they were supposed to

Don't argue just to argue...that's something my 6 year old does. Be realistic. OSU looked horrible against OU. And they were already splitting hairs at the top. You're comparing that to an NU team (likely now somewhere in the mid 40's) are going to jump 15-20 spots by beating a NMSU team that is ranked below 100 and a highly unimpressive VaTech? C'mon.