NU Win = Top 25?

Nope because the media hate us and they want to see us fail!

There's always got to be one...or hundreds. Do you REALLY think that 'the media' conspires to keep Nebraska down in the rankings? If so...you really need to get out more. To be honest, I don't think 'the media' gives two $hits about Nebraska right now other than knowing it is a TRADITIONAL powerhouse. And if you listen to 'the media' they speak of Nebraska with respect and often refer to past teams (that were successful). 'The media' isn't what's keeping Nebraska down in the rankings...it's 5-7, 9-5, 8-4, 5-6, 10-3, 7-7 for a combined 44-38 (a 53.6%) record over the past 6 seasons. As a bonus, very few of those 44 wins were over higher ranked teams or could be considered upsets.

A 53% winning percentage with very few 'quality wins' is what keeps a team out of the top 25....not 'the media'.

As for when we'll be ranked? It will take a WIN over Mizzou to get in the rankings...not a close game.

I'm just curious how you know with such certainty that the ONLY way we're getting into the rankings is if we handily beat Missouri. I think you're way off base. If we dominate our next two games against the "creampuffs" and then take care of business against Virginia Tech with a convincing win, I don't see why we can't crack the Top 25. At least 24 or 25. It's not like we're that far off anyway, we're ranked 39th right now. I don't think it's too crazy to think we can mov eup 14 more spots if we win 3 more.

Because 'convincing wins' over creampuffs shouldn't move us up in the rankings. They are games we are expected to win...and expected to win convincingly. If we are 39th and we win against teams ranked 75th or lower...as we are supposed to...then we should still be around the same place. In no way should wins over SJSU and NMSt (especially at home) bump us up.

And here's a newsflash...VaTech isn't that good. There were many local sports reporters and radio hosts all agreeing that VaTech shouldn't have been ranked pre-season at all because of the number of players they lost from last year. Looks like they were right.

Not defending either, but there were some things that people fail to mention. Pitt out yarded them 2 to 1 and had four turnovers.

That being said, Pitt loves SP and he did a great job for them prior.

Let's be bigger men and wish him luck. Unless we have to play them.

How about NO!!!! Him and his little donkey ruined NU and everything the program stood for. He set the program back a few years!!!!

Because 'convincing wins' over creampuffs shouldn't move us up in the rankings. They are games we are expected to win...and expected to win convincingly. If we are 39th and we win against teams ranked 75th or lower...as we are supposed to...then we should still be around the same place. In no way should wins over SJSU and NMSt (especially at home) bump us up.

And here's a newsflash...VaTech isn't that good. There were many local sports reporters and radio hosts all agreeing that VaTech shouldn't have been ranked pre-season at all because of the number of players they lost from last year. Looks like they were right.

Despite how many teams schedule cream puffs early, very few teams start out 4-0. Historically, only about 15-20 teams start out the season 4-0. If we're 4-0, with a win against a BCS conference opponent who, despite a loss in week one is still considered above average, I'll be shocked if we don't crack the top 25.

Have you seen us play over the past few years? I'd say anybody (and yes, after watching the Ball State game in person last year...ANYBODY) gives us something to at least be concerned about, if not worried. But Ball State had a mobile quarterback that could run and throw creating problems for the defense. So we don't have to worry about VT.

Wait...what's that? Tyrod Taylor WILL NOT be sitting out the season? Hmmm.....

No I'm not a pessimist, just the over-cockiness one game into the season baffles me.

Have you seen us play over the past few years? I'd say anybody (and yes, after watching the Ball State game in person last year...ANYBODY) gives us something to at least be concerned about, if not worried. But Ball State had a 7 mobile quarterback that could run and throw creating problems for the defense. So we don't have to worry about VT.

No I'm not a pessimist, just the over-cockiness one game into the season baffles me.

Not being cocky, but Tyrod Taylor is not "all that and a bag of chips." Sure he can run, but like I said on another thread, his decision making skills are average, at best. His accuracy isn't all that good, and I guarantee you he throws at least two interceptions during the game.

Plus we have this new speedy linebacker who will be able to catch him and make him pay should he decide to run with the ball...

Cool!!! I can blog via my cell! NU was like no. 49 preseason so we have a ways 2 go. The 1st 2 games dont mean much, even Calli whooped up on some 'cupcakes' back in the day. VT will be a better test??? The sjsu left me very worried! The D line seems better and the rushing game by and large sucks. MO will kill us if we dont get better......FAST!

No, but once we beat VT then we should be in.

no...

The power of delusion is strong in this one...

Um, it's possible if we're undefeated after the VT game and win both (especially the VT game) convincingly. It would entirely depend on how the teams ahead of us do and VT beating GT, as well. Quite honestly, I would say someone that does not acknowledge the possibility of it happening is the delusional one.

Because 'convincing wins' over creampuffs shouldn't move us up in the rankings. They are games we are expected to win...and expected to win convincingly. If we are 39th and we win against teams ranked 75th or lower...as we are supposed to...then we should still be around the same place. In no way should wins over SJSU and NMSt (especially at home) bump us up....

If we cream nmsu @ handle vt well, we should break the top 25...think 'attrition' :horns2

Have you seen us play over the past few years? I'd say anybody (and yes, after watching the Ball State game in person last year...ANYBODY) gives us something to at least be concerned about, if not worried. But Ball State had a 7 mobile quarterback that could run and throw creating problems for the defense. So we don't have to worry about VT.

Not being cocky, but Tyrod Taylor is not "all that and a bag of chips." Sure he can run, but like I said on another thread, his decision making skills are average, at best. His accuracy isn't all that good, and I guarantee you he throws at least two interceptions during the game.

Plus we have this new speedy linebacker who will be able to catch him and make him pay should he decide to run with the ball...

But can he and the others actually tackle him??? The tackling looked a little suspect yesterday.