NU Win = Top 25?

Has anyone heard why the new rankings haven't come out yet? Usually they come out by Monday morning but with some games and the holiday I assumed they would have been out this morning.

I'm only asking cause I want to see how it's going to look after a couple of upsets.

Just may take but I think Nebraska will be ranked about 42nd in the new rankings.

Who cares??? Top 25 rating is retarded. They put Pitt in there in the first place.

Can you blame them? They probably did that based on the strength of Pitt's AD alone. :dumdum

Here's a little gem for you courtesy of ESPN:

"In these situations, nobody's more disappointed than Dave and our team at the results of the game," athletic director Steve Pederson said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "But I also know there isn't any group that's going to work harder to get us back on track than Dave and his coaches and the team. For Dave, this isn't really a job, this is a passion. He's dedicated to building a winning program here and he has all of our support as he works at that."

Pitt was a 13½-point favorite over Bowling Green, but lost 27-17 on Saturday. Wannstedt, who played at Pittsburgh, has won just five of his last 18 games as the Panthers' head coach. He's 16-20 in his fourth season.

Stache=Clownahan and Pud=$hit

I hate to repost, but this is actually more appropriate here than where I originally posted it.....

Assuming that VT doesn't lose again before facing us, I think that if we go 4-0 we crack 25, barely. Even though BCS conference teams schedule cupcakes early in the year, going 4-0 is a lot rarer than you would think. I went back and l looked at last year:

There were only three teams to go 4-0 and not be top-25: UConn, Purdue, and Mich St.

Purdue was 26th, Mich St. was 28th, and UConn was 36th.

VT this year will be a more impressive opponent than anyone those teams faced in their first four games.

The strongest wins for UConn and Mich St. were both against Pitt. Purdue's best win was over Minnesota. Pitt and Minnesota were sub-.500 over the season and had pretty low expectations at that point in the season.

Even with the loss in week one this season, I think most voters would consider VT a better than average team in a BCS conference, certainly above where Pitt and Minnesota were after week four last year.

All that said, let's just worry about San Jose State for now.

Not defending either, but there were some things that people fail to mention. Pitt out yarded them 2 to 1 and had four turnovers.

That being said, Pitt loves SP and he did a great job for them prior.

Let's be bigger men and wish him luck. Unless we have to play them.

Nope because the media hate us and they want to see us fail!

There's always got to be one...or hundreds. Do you REALLY think that 'the media' conspires to keep Nebraska down in the rankings? If so...you really need to get out more. To be honest, I don't think 'the media' gives two $hits about Nebraska right now other than knowing it is a TRADITIONAL powerhouse. And if you listen to 'the media' they speak of Nebraska with respect and often refer to past teams (that were successful). 'The media' isn't what's keeping Nebraska down in the rankings...it's 5-7, 9-5, 8-4, 5-6, 10-3, 7-7 for a combined 44-38 (a 53.6%) record over the past 6 seasons. As a bonus, very few of those 44 wins were over higher ranked teams or could be considered upsets.

A 53% winning percentage with very few 'quality wins' is what keeps a team out of the top 25....not 'the media'.

As for when we'll be ranked? It will take a WIN over Mizzou to get in the rankings...not a close game.