NU Win = Top 25?

Its fun to speculate about possible future ratings, but our main concern should be having our intense play (a given) turn into wins. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Its dangerous to dream ahead - too much uncertainty this season. But, if we must dream, then I'd like to see us in a good post-season bowl game.... forget the early season ratings.

GBR

It probably is rough after so many years for some fans to understnad the current circumstances... Hopefully for Husker fans they won't have too much time to learn. I know a lot about having an unranked team if anyone needs help, though, I am just about an expert. Cy knows more though, so there is that... :P

Jayhawk

Last year. In what week did KU break into top 25? Might be a good comparison, except we play MU first conf. instead of last

"Rankings" should not exist until after about 5 games are played. Then you have some idea how the season is shaping up. Pitt in the top 25? Saw how that one turned out...there will be more of these as the next few weeks unfold.

Of course, if Notre Dame wins their first game they will probably be vaulted into the Top 10...

"Rankings" should not exist until after about 5 games are played. Then you have some idea how the season is shaping up. Pitt in the top 25? Saw how that one turned out...there will be more of these as the next few weeks unfold.

Of course, if Notre Dame wins their first game they will probably be vaulted into the Top 10...

Speaking of Notre Dame.

It probably is rough after so many years for some fans to understnad the current circumstances... Hopefully for Husker fans they won't have too much time to learn. I know a lot about having an unranked team if anyone needs help, though, I am just about an expert. Cy knows more though, so there is that... :P

Jayhawk

Last year. In what week did KU break into top 25? Might be a good comparison, except we play MU first conf. instead of last

we have too much respect as a program and a coaching staff to have to wait that long... deserving or not.... it honestly all depends what the people right in front of us do... Already Michigan has lost, either Fresno or Rutgers will have lost, Michigan State has lost, North Carolina looked like garbage against Mcneese state. wow. arkansas barely beat western illinois, UCLA will pry lose, virginia lost... i mean, many of the teams right above us will probably lose and have close games... i'd say hopefully by the va tech game, and for sure after it (assuming we win them all)... and i mean, i'd love to say who gives a f**k about the rankings, but if you're bein honest with yourself, you have to at some point... i mean, polls do factor into the BCS.....

i would say 4-0 and we are in. probably not too high of course, but it would be hard to judge off of the MU game because do you shoot into the teens if you beat a top 5 team or do you get to be number 25. i think voters will have seen enough by game 4 assuming we win all four of course.

:yeah

Seriously....

there are people who thought a win over mighty western michigan would vault the huskers into the top 25?

for what....

45th or whatever they were -- beating #75 or whatever WM was?

You gotta be kidding. :rollin:rollin:rollin

Got to beat SOMEONE first.

On to the next patsie!!

I wouldn't expect to rise in the rankings by beating them either.

Seriously, win the games and the rankings will come.

GO BO!!

BEAT SAN JOSE!!

Considering the Huskers were 36th in the Coaches poll and 46th in the AP poll, chances are slim that they would move into the top 25 this week. I don't usually fall for conspiracy theories but.... considering the recent Husker love on behalf of Herbstreit and the fact the Huskers play on the ABC family on 27 Sep - my prediction is that they enter the top 25 the week of the VA Tech game.

Jayhawk

I think it was aftere we beat K-State (who was ranked) in week 5.