The bright side

no kool-aid for me after today....i'm very disappointed with todays game

a win's a win...but every one of us has reason for conern

i know, i know......but hey, these kids can play better, some of the mistakes can be corrected, i don't think they play this poorly all year long......hope not.

i agree 100% with you. yes, we played terrible today...but Bo and the coaching staff made big strides defensively from the first to second game.

the biggest plus that came from this game was Joe Ganz's performance. He's always seemed to be a little too cocky for me, and this game will definatly humble him. I expect a big game from him next week

If their kicker wasn't drunk they'd have been ahead 16-14 for quite a while.

During the first half I kept thinking about how many points Mizzou is gonna hang on us. The penalties were disturbing but I think they will get corrected. What is wrong with the O-line? Asante is really bad right now!

In the 2nd half I thought the D turned a corner. The coaches called a great game and put players in the position to make plays.

I think this team would have folded last year and they didn't. They toughed it out and scored 21 4th quarter points. They went through a tough stretch and wlaked out the other side. I really think this game may go further to make this team better than blowing San Jose out.

Niles Paul is impressive. Suh is playing like a leader.

During the first half I kept thinking about how many points Mizzou is gonna hang on us. The penalties were disturbing but I think they will get corrected. What is wrong with the O-line? Asante is really bad right now!

In the 2nd half I thought the D turned a corner. The coaches called a great game and put players in the position to make plays.

I think this team would have folded last year and they didn't. They toughed it out and scored 21 4th quarter points. They went through a tough stretch and wlaked out the other side. I really think this game may go further to make this team better than blowing San Jose out.

Absolutely. This will be good for the team.

I would like to agree, but history isn't on our side. We would not have folded last year - we would have toughed it out and pulled out the victory, just like we did against a much superior Wake Forest team or against Ball State. Remember after Wake last year? It was supposed to be good for us because it was a tough game rather than a blowout.

Well, unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be that great for us because we fell apart the week after.

If we look ahead to Virginia Tech, next week could get ugly. We're going against a top-flight QB next week - way more than a Hiller or a Reed. And our secondary cannot cover.

Absolutely. This will be good for the team.

:yeah

I'm definitely probably maybe going to have to adjust my expectations for this season.

Most of you guys still going to be satisfied with a good effort? (And not caring about number of wins or losses).

I'm still not there yet.

I would like to agree, but history isn't on our side. We would not have folded last year - we would have toughed it out and pulled out the victory, just like we did against a much superior Wake Forest team or against Ball State. Remember after Wake last year? It was supposed to be good for us because it was a tough game rather than a blowout.

Well, unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be that great for us because we fell apart the week after.

If we look ahead to Virginia Tech, next week could get ugly. We're going against a top-flight QB next week - way more than a Hiller or a Reed. And our secondary cannot cover.

holy cow, if these kids can look ahead to VT, well, the coaches just don't have their attention.. :dunno

the ganzinator strikes again. :)

2-0 baby!!

One more creampuff to go!!

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

:wtf

Creampuff? What are you yakking about? :dunno:dunno The way we played today we are lucky to be 2-0, there are no so-called "Creampuffs" when our team is sleepwalking through 3 quarters. We still don't know what we have for a team, the intensity level really sucked this week.

Fellas enjoy the wins while we can because when we start playing conference games we are going to struggle lets be realistic. We will be lucky to beat Iowa State based on results thus far. Just trying to keep us in touch w reality.

If we play like we did today, here is my prediction Iowa State 35, Nebraska 7. But we better have our act together better than we did today and play with some more intensity. Today just really sucked for 3 quarters, no doubt about it. We need some players to show some leadership and kick butt and wake people up when they don't show intensity...that was the first thing I noticed that was missing today.