We want results NOW!!!

HSKRNOKC

First let me begin by saying that sloppy play and not being prepared to execute a play( Three times in a row) before the clock runs out pisses me off as much as anyone.

I just really have a hard time with the persona that we should be able to beat the world right now. We were 5-7 last season. Its going to take some time to get this back to where it should be and I am sure that there will be many speed bumps in the road.

These are players that have been through and seen a lot of sh#t in there college careers. If anyone can reach them and show improvement over time its Bo IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Bo's head needs to remain firmly attached to his torso. He also needs TIME to get things turned around. I hope he gets it.

The beleagered title of this thread is rather appropriate. Many seem to have little patience and perhaps unreasonable expectations for '08.

I think it took mangino something like SIX years to get Ku where they are, they still haven't won the north.

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6th (North) – –

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 T–4th (North) L Tangerine – –

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 T–5th (North) – –

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 5th (North) W Fort Worth – –

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3rd (North) – –

2007[18] Kansas 12–1 7–

I think Pinkel took SEVEN to win the north

2001 Missouri 4-7 3-5 5th (North)

2002 Missouri 5-7 2-6 5th (North)

2003 Missouri 8-5 4-4 3rd (North) L Independence Bowl

2004 Missouri 5-6 3-5 2nd (North)

2005 Missouri 7-5 4-4 2nd (North) W Independence Bowl

2006 Missouri 8-5 4-4 2nd (North) L Sun Bowl

2007 Missouri 12-2 7-2

The last two NU coaches got five and four years respectively. Let's hope that trend STOPS!!

I'm saying that Bo needs as long as it takes.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

Bo's head needs to remain firmly attached to his torso. He also needs TIME to get things turned around. I hope he gets it.

The beleagered title of this thread is rather appropriate. Many seem to have little patience and perhaps unreasonable expectations for '08.

I think it took mangino something like SIX years to get Ku where they are, they still haven't won the north.

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6th (North) – –

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 T–4th (North) L Tangerine – –

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 T–5th (North) – –

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 5th (North) W Fort Worth – –

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3rd (North) – –

2007[18] Kansas 12–1 7–

I think Pinkel took SEVEN to win the north

2001 Missouri 4-7 3-5 5th (North)

2002 Missouri 5-7 2-6 5th (North)

2003 Missouri 8-5 4-4 3rd (North) L Independence Bowl

2004 Missouri 5-6 3-5 2nd (North)

2005 Missouri 7-5 4-4 2nd (North) W Independence Bowl

2006 Missouri 8-5 4-4 2nd (North) L Sun Bowl

2007 Missouri 12-2 7-2

The last two NU coaches got five and four years respectively. Let's hope that trend STOPS!!

I'm saying that Bo needs as long as it takes.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

If Bo's record mirrors those he will be gone.

NU has better resources, facilities and tradition than KU and MU in football. His leash will not be as long.

Just sayin....

Please stop comparing NU to Mizzou and KU. I beg you. It isn't even the same thing.

Compare us to OU, USC, Bama, ND, Michigan somebody with a history of winning. Not a history of one good year of beating up crappy Non Conference teams and crappy conference teams. It is not the same thing. IMO

NU = Re-Building Tradition

Mizzou/KU = Building Tradition

this game is about score board.

Tradition means squat at this time.

None of these kids signed on because we were winners in the 90's. Half did not know what offense we ran, and if they did, eliminated us from their choices because of it. BC got them here because of a pro type offense. He did not sell Nebraska. That in my mind is the number one problem with what we have walking the sidelines. The tradition of this program was not sold.

What we did last year is far more important to most kids than what we did 40 years ago. It seems to be important to some on here, but down deep in the kids minds is what did you do last year and what are you going to do for me.

that being said our history/tradition has been in the crapper for 7 years. Kansas and Missouri have played us close numerous time, Texas has owned us, Oklahoma has owned us and so has Texas Tech. We have nothing to brag about as far as playing on the National level. We have not beaten a top 15 team since we beat Oklahoma, which was over ranked at that time. Colorado seems to have our number to.

So don't talk about how great we were or are. We have been losing for quite awhile to.

We are 2-0. Michigan and Tennessee would all gladly trade records right now!

And West Virginia...and Miami...and Texas A&M...and Virginia Tech...and anyone else with a loss. Go out and play and have fun, guys! Wins will take care of themselves if Nebraska is the better team. If not, well, we have to start somewhere. Petersen and Callahan dismantled Nebraska football, and we have to claw and scratch our way back.

this game is about score board.

Tradition means squat at this time.

None of these kids signed on because we were winners in the 90's. Half did not know what offense we ran, and if they did, eliminated us from their choices because of it. BC got them here because of a pro type offense. He did not sell Nebraska. That in my mind is the number one problem with what we have walking the sidelines. The tradition of this program was not sold.

that being said our history/tradition has been in the crapper for 7 years. Kansas and Missouri have played us close numerous time, Texas has owned us, Oklahoma has owned us and so has Texas Tech. We have nothing to brag about as far as playing on the National level. We have not beaten a top 15 team since we beat Oklahoma, which was over ranked at that time. Colorado seems to have our number to.

So don't talk about how great we were or are. We have been losing for quite awhile to.

If tradition means squat then why did the fat pockets bring TO back? Why did TO tell Grobe he had to have some coaches with NU ties and Grobe said no thank you? Why all the back patting inside the staduim because the "Walk On" program is back? Why all the lovefest crap from the Old Players because what is going down now is the "Nebraska Way"? Why the tunnel vision video playing "Get Back"? Just wondering.

Texas has owned us for some time not just the last 7 years. Until KU and Mizzou win in Lincoln (which could happen this year) don't talk to me about them, even KSU and CU have done that. That is right the "crappy" teams that Billy C fielded were able to beat Mizzou and KU in Lincoln both times they came here.

That is right this game is about scoreboard and we are 2-0 right now. All I want to know is what is wrong with wanting results NOW? I want to see improvement and Saturday was far from it.

I remember you always telling people to be patient with Callahan the last four years now we have to be patient with this staff. I want to know how long do we have to wait? We are basically like you said on year 7 of not meaning squat on a National Level. I for one think that is a long time to wait. Please don't say that we had to wait 20+ with TO because we still mattered in the grand scheme of things even if we couldn't win the big one.