We want results NOW!!!

HSKRNOKC

I think we all want to win today. But I really do not think we have the talent to do it.

I am not sold on Ganz being the answer, and when we face the talented teams he will become the interception machine he was last year. No running game, no Oline capable of opening a hole long enough for Lucky to get through it, as he dances around hoping no one will touch him before he flops on the ground.

I do not see a dominant Oline. I could not understand how anyone would think it would be.

We do not have a dominant running back, or at least a starter that is.

We have what I would consider the biggest group of holes on our defense that has walked on a field in years.

I think what we are seeing is just what the past staff put up with last year. Maybe a little more motivation, but absolutely no more talent.

I am concerned about revolving coaches. It does not work. You see Kansas and Missouri getting better every year, they seem to be getting to a level that we want to be.

If you look at what we have, from an outsiders view. We will be lucky to win 7 in honesty. It takes talent to win. We are at best on a level with Kansas as far as talent. Missouri has two Hypsman canidates on their offense, Oklahoma, Texas Tech (which looked like poo last nite, I went to the game).

Bo's head needs to remain firmly attached to his torso. He also needs TIME to get things turned around. I hope he gets it.

The beleagered title of this thread is rather appropriate. Many seem to have little patience and perhaps unreasonable expectations for '08.

I think it took mangino something like SIX years to get Ku where they are, they still haven't won the north.

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6th (North) – –

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 T–4th (North) L Tangerine – –

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 T–5th (North) – –

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 5th (North) W Fort Worth – –

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3rd (North) – –

2007[18] Kansas 12–1 7–

I think Pinkel took SEVEN to win the north

2001 Missouri 4-7 3-5 5th (North)

2002 Missouri 5-7 2-6 5th (North)

2003 Missouri 8-5 4-4 3rd (North) L Independence Bowl

2004 Missouri 5-6 3-5 2nd (North)

2005 Missouri 7-5 4-4 2nd (North) W Independence Bowl

2006 Missouri 8-5 4-4 2nd (North) L Sun Bowl

2007 Missouri 12-2 7-2

The last two NU coaches got five and four years respectively. Let's hope that trend STOPS!!

I'm saying that Bo needs as long as it takes.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

If Bo's record mirrors those he will be gone.

NU has better resources, facilities and tradition than KU and MU in football. His leash will not be as long.

Just sayin....

Amen. KU had decades of consistant failure to fix, NU isnt quite so troubled and has more ways to fix it than Mangino did.

K, well I just got out of therapy over last year's trauma, and believe me, part of me is still in denial.

After 2 games I'm hearing alot of 'communication probs' and 'sloppy play' and 'we gotta fix dat stuff' and I feel a relapse coming on.....dont make me go back to 'that place'... :bang

I think we all want to win today. But I really do not think we have the talent to do it.

I am not sold on Ganz being the answer, and when we face the talented teams he will become the interception machine he was last year. No running game, no Oline capable of opening a hole long enough for Lucky to get through it, as he dances around hoping no one will touch him before he flops on the ground.

I do not see a dominant Oline. I could not understand how anyone would think it would be.

We have what I would consider the biggest group of holes on our defense that has walked on a field in years.

I think what we are seeing is just what the past staff put up with last year. Maybe a little more motivation, but absolutely no more talent.

I am concerned about revolving coaches. It does not work. You see Kansas and Missouri getting better every year, they seem to be getting to a level that we want to be.

If you look at what we have, from an outsiders view. We will be lucky to win 7 in honesty. It takes talent to win. We are at best on a level with Kansas as far as talent. Missouri has two Hypsman canidates on their offense, Oklahoma, Texas Tech (which looked like poo last nite, I went to the game).

whoa....giving out too much credit, i think?? OU, OSU, MU, KU, CU, TT, UT, A&M ALL have better talent than we currently have now.....we really are at the bottom of the barrel....that said, there is a time when communication problems and sloppy play should end.......our guys may physically get beat, but to beat yourself and not have any chance to win, goes to the coaches........Pelini knows it and we should improve in execution.

other than that, don't expect a signature win this year, expectations of 6-6 are lofty at best.

Please stop comparing NU to Mizzou and KU. I beg you. It isn't even the same thing.

Compare us to OU, USC, Bama, ND, Michigan somebody with a history of winning. Not a history of one good year of beating up crappy Non Conference teams and crappy conference teams. It is not the same thing. IMO

NU = Re-Building Tradition

Mizzou/KU = Building Tradition

Well regardless of where you believe Nebraska is at this time, The Huskers are below MU and KU. That is who Nebraska must catch..... It isn't 1982 any more...

As far as Non-Conference wins.. I don't remember Nebraska "loading" up their schedule for non-conference either... seems to be a blueprint for most BCS teams except for the Pac 10 who seems to schedule much more difficult non-conference opponents

Please stop comparing NU to Mizzou and KU. I beg you. It isn't even the same thing.

Compare us to OU, USC, Bama, ND, Michigan somebody with a history of winning. Not a history of one good year of beating up crappy Non Conference teams and crappy conference teams. It is not the same thing. IMO

Well regardless of where you believe Nebraska is at this time, The Huskers are below MU and KU. That is who Nebraska must catch..... It isn't 1982 any more...

As far as Non-Conference wins.. I don't remember Nebraska "loading" up their schedule for non-conference either... seems to be a blueprint for most BCS teams except for the Pac 10 who seems to schedule much more difficult non-conference opponents

and we were above them at this time last year..... I think thats what he is getting at. things can change very quickly. we are trying to get back to where we were before, which was a consistent place in with the other top programs.

I would NEVER compare NU to Notre Dame, or Michigan for that matter

Not sold on Ganz..Hmmm....well we'll just put in one of our other Heisman candidates we have sitting on the bench. And yeah revolving coaches is a bad thing, we probably just should have stayed with Callahan for what....? how many more years...hmmmm?.... 10, 20? What didn't work was having an AD like Pederson hiring idiots like Callahan. Worst defense in years? Jesus H, what planet were you on LAST year?

Not sold on Ganz..Hmmm....well we'll just put in one of our other Heisman candidates we have sitting on the bench. And yeah revolving coaches is a bad thing, we probably just should have stayed with Callahan for what....? how many more years...hmmmm?.... 10, 20? What didn't work was having an AD like Pederson hiring idiots like Callahan. Worst defense in years? Jesus H, what planet were you on LAST year?

What planet are YOU on this year? Put the pipe down, there isn't one Heisman candidate on this team. Not one.

Fact is, this team looked a lot like the 2007 team defensively. Period. How this team reacts now is the real test.

What planet are YOU on this year? Put the pipe down, there isn't one Heisman candidate on this team. Not one.

Fact is, this team looked a lot like the 2007 team defensively. Period. How this team reacts now is the real test.

I beg to differ on your comparison of the 07 defense vers the 08 team. Last year you didn't see 4-5-6 guys around the ball carrier when the tackle was made. Sure they get beat but alot of them have NEVER played at the college level. They hustle, play with fire and go till the wistle. At times Slauson was 10-15 yards down field blocking. Our D-line is playing with real determination. When is the last time you have seen a NT pick one off and go 49 yards??? WITH blockers! Again, they will get beat because of bad habits and inexperience Again, I haven't seen linebackers watching tackles or standing there 40 yards behind a reciever or running back streaking down the field. Each and everyone of the D-linemen are playing way above what last year showed. Give them some credit and some time to get up to speed.

It will be tough to watch but take what you can. There are some positives here and time will show BIG improvement.

Bo's head needs to remain firmly attached to his torso. He also needs TIME to get things turned around. I hope he gets it.

The beleagered title of this thread is rather appropriate. Many seem to have little patience and perhaps unreasonable expectations for '08.

I think it took mangino something like SIX years to get Ku where they are, they still haven't won the north.

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6th (North) – –

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 T–4th (North) L Tangerine – –

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 T–5th (North) – –

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 5th (North) W Fort Worth – –

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3rd (North) – –

2007[18] Kansas 12–1 7–

I think Pinkel took SEVEN to win the north

2001 Missouri 4-7 3-5 5th (North)

2002 Missouri 5-7 2-6 5th (North)

2003 Missouri 8-5 4-4 3rd (North) L Independence Bowl

2004 Missouri 5-6 3-5 2nd (North)

2005 Missouri 7-5 4-4 2nd (North) W Independence Bowl

2006 Missouri 8-5 4-4 2nd (North) L Sun Bowl

2007 Missouri 12-2 7-2

The last two NU coaches got five and four years respectively. Let's hope that trend STOPS!!

I'm saying that Bo needs as long as it takes.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

If Bo's record mirrors those he will be gone.

NU has better resources, facilities and tradition than KU and MU in football. His leash will not be as long.

Just sayin....

how long is it??

let's see--

frankie's was 5 yrs

cally's was 4 yrs

does that make Bo's 3 yrs?

less?

the revolving door has to stop, BEFORE it gets started.

GO BO!!

BEAT NMS!!

Man, going back to 1997, what if it takes another 22 years to win a MNC? That would be 2019 and we would only be halfway there right now.

Give this thing a chance.

I for one have felt a lot better just having coach Pelini at the helm instead of coach Callahan. I feel like the tradition is being carried on somehow. Just think he is a better fit. Embracing THE Nebraska way instead of making your own version of the Nebraska way.

I'm not saying instant success is impossible, but it can't be expected. It comes down to whether or not you think the coach can get the job done in due time.

No sht. That was kinda my point, Ganz is what we have - and I don't think he's doing too bad of a job.