Larry Asante

I was really looking forward to see him play under Bo's system. After all the things he said in the offseason, this summer, and fall camp I believed he was going to play a huge role on this team and he "got it". It sounded right, but then I thought how throughout the last four years I heard things that "sounded right" from everyone in the program. Well after another pisspoor first half performance Larry got to view the game from the sideline as Major played the 2nd half. SO I guess what I am getting at is Larry it is time to PUT UP. I haven't lost complete faith in the guy, but after his first game and a half, I will retract my whole thought process with the guy if he doesn't contribute more than the 10 fly-bys he has a game.

Agreed. Larry does have his moments but had too many missed tackles against SJSU. A big disappointment, he looks fairly athletic.

Yeah his missed tackle is how Turner got hurt! :bang

Hold on, did you just blame Turner's injury on Asante?

He was the one who whiffed on a tackle and leg whipped Turner on that play when Turner was injured. I'm not saying its his FAULT, I'm just saying....

Injuries happen all the time. It's a rough game, go figure. Even bringing something like that up is mind-bogglingly sh**ty.

Its not sh**ty. 505 wasn't being an ass and blaming Asante for Turner's injury, he was just saying that Turner's injury was a direct result of Asante's missed tackle...c'mon now

Injuries happen all the time. It's a rough game, go figure. Even bringing something like that up is mind-bogglingly sh**ty.

Its not sh**ty. 505 wasn't being an ass and blaming Asante for Turner's injury, he was just saying that Turner's injury was a direct result of Asante's missed tackle...c'mon now

lol...ok... :clap

lol. now that we've got that settled... :cheers

Asante's been so bad that he sticks out like a sore thumb. He gets sucked in on pass plays and always seems to be out of position on run plays. I thought for sure that Bo would move him to LB because I think he's better suited for that position at this level, but I'm afraid he's going to be a huge liability when we start playing the better spread offense teams in the big12. I wish him the best, but it seems to me that he's playing out of position.

I have to agree that I'm very disappointed in what I've seen thus far out of Asante. I really want Major Culbert and Ricky Thernarse to see the field more. I know Thernarse is injured, but for how long and Major should be starting the next game. Missed tackles isn't acceptable when the guy gets 7 or 8 yards down the field afterwards. That's one of the reasons why SJS offense did so well.............missed tackles. :blink: