Larry Asante

No way he's moving to LB! Who else we got at safety? We just have to hope he gets the kinks worked out. If he doesn't, than yeah things could get pretty ugly. But bagging on the guy won't help.

A position change would be the nail in the coffin for him, and a dumb move for any coach to make.

I definitely agree with the first part. I'm positive that if we had established players or just more depth at safety, Bo would have moved him to LB during the spring.

would asante make more of an impact at linebacker than he is at safety?

Stop. If you whiff at making tackles as a safety, then you sure as hell can't tackle as a linebacker.

Forget about what his athletic stats are (benches, runs, high jumps). He just has to get back to playing football out on the field bro. If you cant cover, stick 'em, hit 'em, and wrap 'em up then bring in the next guy. That's not being mean. That's just how it is dawg.

I think this is the same thing Dillard was talking about during fall practice. He said that last year, guys were out trying to be superheroes, instead of sticking to their assignments.

I've blown plenty a lot of plays at shortstop over the years, because I was too focused on the double-play before the ball ever hit my glove. It sounds like Sanders is describing something like that with Asante....big play potential undermining sound assignments and fundamentals.

I don't think this is an issue of the kid's physical ability. I have confidence that the staff will either coach him through this, or find someone else that plays a more controlled game.

:bonez