IS IT ME OR WHAT?

OLDMAN

I see what your saying.

However I do like watching the spread when it is ran well like Tech, Mizzzou, or the Spread Option like WV,Florida is fun to watch as well. I also enjoy watching USC ran a Pro Style balanced attack and OU run out of multiple sets. I loved watching NU's offense last year when they knew that no matter what it was going to be a shoot-out KSU, CU, and KU (hated watching the defense though) I guess what I'm saying is I like watching good offenses no matter what they do.

For the record the SJSU game wasn't a good game for good offense. So I didn't enjoy that.

What bores me is offenses like Ohio State or a lot of the Big Ten schools except Illinois and maybe Michigan State.

I'm just curious how a team that will contend for their conference title yet will never make a national title run in the Big 12.

Or how loving WV and hating the spread are mutually exclusive

Maybe how pass blocking is easier than run blocking.

Its probably all too complicated for me to understand.

After all, I dont even know what a "dead Pool list" is.

I do see some parallels between us and PSU. that i can see, but this is still college ball. Teams can turn around in a season or two like ECU or UCF. Or over time like MIZZOU or WVU. What many teams don't have is the kind of tradition that can make the transition easier, like USC or Alabama have done recently. We have that!

As for the spread, well it can be a little stale, or it can be pretty exciting to watch if ran well. Many probably said the same about the triple option. But we really don't run a true spread anymore than we run a WC offense. If we see our O-line start to line up two yards apart then I will be truly worried.

I'm fine with a multiple offense(the spreadcoast maybe?) because we don't have to be pigeonholed, and it lends itself to adaptation to players of varying skill sets. Where else could you imagine a future with Witt gun slinging for a couple years, followed by seasons of Cody (Green or Spano) running loose on the Big 12! The future looks bright indeed!

I do feel too many teams are running the same option draw play we've all seen a thousand times, but if it works someone will run it. Whats worse is our first drive of the WMU game featured none other than the option draw.

Do I wish they would pound it like 95 ? Sure. But right now I'd settle for the production we saw in o6!!!

ECU W/L Since Skip Holtz Became HC

05- 5-6 no bowl

06- 7-6 lost to USF 24-7 (lost to WVU by 17)

07- 8-5 BEAT #24 Boise State 41-38 (lost by 10 to VT)

08- 2-0 beating 2 ranked teams

ECU Before Skip Holtz

02-04 - 7-28

What I am saying is ECU didnt come out of nowhere, and that Skip Holtz is one hell of a coach.

I'm just curious how a team that will contend for their conference title yet will never make a national title run in the Big 12.

Or how loving WV and hating the spread are mutually exclusive

Maybe how pass blocking is easier than run blocking.

Its probably all too complicated for me to understand.

I took it as, "If you don't agree with me, I put you on ignore."

I may be wrong but I believe it is kind of like picking the winners in a Bowl game pool except you pick who you think will die next. Like I said what he is talking about and what I know about it may be different things. :dunno Or he could be talking about the Charles Bronson movies. Isn't he the Dead Pool guy?

I may be wrong but I believe it is kind of like picking the winners in a Bowl game pool except you pick who you think will die next. Like I said what he is talking about and what I know about it may be different things. :dunno Or he could be talking about the Charles Bronson movies. Isn't he the Dead Pool guy?

clint eastwood was in dead pool.

basically you create a list of celebs, the number of them varies, that you predict will die in the next 12 months. everyone puts in money, $10 or so. At the end of the year, the person with the most correct ones.

wins.

a variation- a given list of celebs, you predict the date and time of death of each. winner takes the pot.

fun. :dunno

GO BO!!

basically you create a list of celebs, the number of them varies, that you predict will die in the next 12 months. everyone puts in money, $10 or so. At the end of the year, the person with the most correct ones.

wins.

a variation- a given list of celebs, you predict the date and time of death of each. winner takes the pot.

Another variation: you get a point value based on 100 - [age of celeb] and the person with the most points wins.

I know all this spread offense is the new wave but gawd its boring to watch.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

Hard to switch over from pass block to the run..................OKAY?

And maybe Shawn Watson is NOT the man to be offensive cordinator.

Since the start of the big 12 we have been slowly sliding back into the pack.

Reminds me of when Penn State joined the big 10.

At one time they were a very strong national power.

Now they once in awhile will get a peak at the top of the conference.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

Kind of like my opinion of Nebraska.

We are the Penn State of the Big 12.

Funny..

Back in the '80's and '90's, I thought of Penn State as the Nebraska of the East..

And either Washington or UCLA as the Nebraska of the West.

FSU as the Nebraska of the South.

And Green Bay as the Nebraska of the North..er..NFL.

Back when Lines were Lines, and sheep were scared of Buff fans...we seemed to have a distinct advantage over the rest because our Weightroom and Epley were so far ahead of everyone else..That and we had the use of creatine down to a science.

I agree with yer bitchin' about the Offenses these days..It's like a cross between Flag and the two minute drill.

I mean..The Two minute drill is exciting for about two minutes..Any more than that, and it's like watching the 1st three and a half quarters of a Basketball game.

Almost makes me long for Spurrier's Fun-n-Gun. <_< .. (Almost)

And nowadays..I'm even identifying with tOhio State..Sorta reminding me of Tom losing to the speedy Florida teams in the Bowls for the MNC year after year..

We are the Penn State of the Big 12.

Totally wrong! We have an "N" on our helmets and they have NOTHING!

I guess its wise to look outside the inner circle (Nebraska) and get a more balanced view on a national level to form one's own opinion.

I just don't see us at the top anytime soon.

Is the moderator really JAMMAL LORD?

:dunno Is it really hard for you to be a fan now that they aren't winning every game? If so, please take your allegance to another spot. It easy to be a fan when the team wins, but true fans make themselves known when the team falls on hard times. You OLDMAN are obviously not a true fan!

...I think I am losing some of my passion for NU....

...But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time....

Wow...I hear Missouri and Kansas are accepting fair-weather fans on their band wagon. Do let the door hit ya'...where the good Lord split ya'!!!

Amen. OLDMAN if you're looking for the soup of the day, there a plenty of them out there waiting for you.

The men on this team don't need your support, or lack there of, anymore. Go find the next West Virginia or whatever team is hot enough for you at the moment.

By the way... you said you liked the WV option offense. That, OLDMAN, is the spread, not the option. They may run several option plays from it, but then again so do our beloved Huskers! :box

Dead pool list

How It Works

You predict who will die in 2008.

Make a list of 25 famous people. If a person from your list dies during the 2008 calendar year you will receive points for correctly predicting that person's demise.

The Definition of Famous

Your candidate must be well-known before he or she became sick or injured. The reason you have heard of your choice can not be because of his or her potentially life-threatening disease or situation. For example, Arthur Ashe would have been an acceptable candidate; Jeff Lucas, the horse trainer's son, would not. Additionally, death row inmates do not count -- no points will be awarded for death row executions.

How You Win

All points are based on 100 years of age. Subtract the deceased person's age from 100 to get your credit amount.

Dead pool list

How It Works

You predict who will die in 2008.

Make a list of 25 famous people. If a person from your list dies during the 2008 calendar year you will receive points for correctly predicting that person's demise.

The Definition of Famous

Your candidate must be well-known before he or she became sick or injured. The reason you have heard of your choice can not be because of his or her potentially life-threatening disease or situation. For example, Arthur Ashe would have been an acceptable candidate; Jeff Lucas, the horse trainer's son, would not. Additionally, death row inmates do not count -- no points will be awarded for death row executions.

How You Win

All points are based on 100 years of age. Subtract the deceased person's age from 100 to get your credit amount.

That just seems wrong on so many levels. Is it just me?

I do prefer the option offense but obviously we don't have the ability to run that, and the spread is the most effective form of offense that we can run right now. I do enjoy the big pass plays, it reminds me of me playing NCAA 09 because I never really run the ball unless I have a mobile QB.

However if our running game was worth a s**t maybe we could pound the ball a little more. We are really going to be in trouble come September 27 when a real team comes to town.