IS IT ME OR WHAT?

OLDMAN

I know all this spread offense is the new wave but gawd its boring to watch.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

Hard to switch over from pass block to the run..................OKAY?

And maybe Shawn Watson is NOT the man to be offensive cordinator.

Since the start of the big 12 we have been slowly sliding back into the pack.

Reminds me of when Penn State joined the big 10.

At one time they were a very strong national power.

Now they once in awhile will get a peak at the top of the conference.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

Kind of like my opinion of Nebraska.

We are the Penn State of the Big 12.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

Hard to switch over from pass block to the pass..................OKAY?

No, that's not it.

Edit feature.........................DUH!

Hard to have an honest discussion when EVERYBODY is such a high school RAH RAH type fan?

Hard to switch over from pass block to the pass..................OKAY?

No, that's not it.

Edit feature.........................DUH!

Hard to have an honest discussion when EVERYBODY is such a high school RAH RAH type fan?

I am not sure where you are going with this, but the fact of the matter is that the line DOES know and HAS BEEN TAUGHT every year how to pass block AND run block. You talk like they don't even know how to spell run.

They just suck at it right now for god knows what reason.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

I do agree with you in some of the things you said but I do believe that Nebraska will rise to the top again soon I hope.....just look at Oklahoma and Florida for example.

I really don't like the WC offense and would like to see the pound the rock offense but College's today are focusing more on that WC offense stuff that we so much hate. I think that Shawn Watson is the man to run our offense and I don't see us as a Penn State of the Big 12.......I think that would be K-State more over than us :lol:

Thanks for you imput OLDMAN

:bonez:horns2:horns2:bonez

Hard to compare todays O-line to the lines of the 90ies. Huskers like Zack Wiegert, Brendan Stie, and Aaron Graham don't come along that often and I don't think the weight and conditioning staff matches up very well either. Put this together with two arguably Heisman Trophy type I-backs (Lawrence Phillips and Ahman Green) and a couple bull dozer like full backs (Corey Schlechinger and Joel Mackavica) and you have an almost unstoppable running attack (Oh yeah I forgot that Tommie Frazier, Brooke Berringer and Scott Frost, 3 more than capable QB's ran the team).

BC's O-line didn't just look big they also looked fat and if that's the case it may take Bo and Company a couple of years to really develop a running attack. For now I'm just happy we are winning and look like some of the enthusiasm is back

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Totally wrong! We have an "N" on our helmets and they have NOTHING!

I guess its wise to look outside the inner circle (Nebraska) and get a more balanced view on a national level to form one's own opinion.

I just don't see us at the top anytime soon.

Is the moderator really JAMMAL LORD?

So you like watching WV. But you dont like to watch the pu**y spread offense? What offense do you think WV runs anyway? It sure isn't the true option, it's a true spread with some option mixed in. I think you may be a little confused. Dementia will do that to the aged. ;)