IS IT ME OR WHAT?

OLDMAN

Or he could be talking about the Charles Bronson movies. Isn't he the Dead Pool guy?

clint eastwood was in dead pool.

What were the Charles Bronson movies Death Wish?

Yep, Death Wish. Not to be confused with Death Bed, the Bed that Eats People.

:clap

Look for his next movie...Rape Stove

Dead pool list

How It Works

You predict who will die in 2008.

Make a list of 25 famous people. If a person from your list dies during the 2008 calendar year you will receive points for correctly predicting that person's demise.

The Definition of Famous

Your candidate must be well-known before he or she became sick or injured. The reason you have heard of your choice can not be because of his or her potentially life-threatening disease or situation. For example, Arthur Ashe would have been an acceptable candidate; Jeff Lucas, the horse trainer's son, would not. Additionally, death row inmates do not count -- no points will be awarded for death row executions.

How You Win

All points are based on 100 years of age. Subtract the deceased person's age from 100 to get your credit amount.

That just seems wrong on so many levels. Is it just me?

See thread title :dunno

Over the years of reading this board..I've definitely learned to hate the term "True" fan. :box

And I could see why. The definition of a "true" fan is hard for people to agree upon. My point is that, to question what is going on is one thing. We have all done it, even in the best of years. But to say that your tired of the team and looking at others, because they happen to be winning at the moment. At least to me, shows that you are not a "fan", maybe a fair weather fan at best. My point of true fans make themselves known when the going gets rough is "true" and OLDMAN is the definition of "fair weather" in my opinion. :dunno

Over the years of reading this board..I've definitely learned to hate the term "True" fan. :box

And I could see why. The definition of a "true" fan is hard for people to agree upon. My point is that, to question what is going on is one thing. We have all done it, even in the best of years. But to say that your tired of the team and looking at others, because they happen to be winning at the moment. At least to me, shows that you are not a "fan", maybe a fair weather fan at best. My point of true fans make themselves known when the going gets rough is "true" and OLDMAN is the definition of "fair weather" in my opinion. :dunno

Meh...he's still a fan. If he were not, he wouldn't care enough to make this post.

I disagree with him...but I also disagree with this is-a-fan, is-not-a-fan stuff. Maybe I'm just very disagreeable :-P

AHHH, the "true fan" depiction is back.

If there isn't, the saintred of Huskerdom should just institute the "true fan" Husker Man Law.

That way we can all think, and say the same things on all these threads.

Old Man, your POV is welcome and respected here.

Fact is, regardless of what offensive formation we operate out of, until we can run the ball and dominate up front we will not be competitive on a national scale.

It's not the formation that matters, it's the coaching and the execution.

Meh...he's still a fan. If he were not, he wouldn't care enough to make this post.

I disagree with him...but I also disagree with this is-a-fan, is-not-a-fan stuff. Maybe I'm just very disagreeable :-P

most teams that can run the ball will usuallyl win ball games,,,good passing adds the difficulty for defenses to stop the team...but you got to be able to get yardage running at critical times,.....this nu team still cannot run the ball,,,which will kill them against better teams.

I thought it was OldMan that was 'sposed ta be disagreeable.

And I don't remember him saying he was bored with our team because we are losing (we have not been losing btw).

Just doesn't like to see us running the same lame Offense that everybody else is running.

Besides..How could you have a Fair Weather fan content to stay in Nebraska where the weather changes so much?

I know all this spread offense is the new wave but gawd its boring to watch.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

Hard to switch over from pass block to the run..................OKAY?

And maybe Shawn Watson is NOT the man to be offensive cordinator.

Since the start of the big 12 we have been slowly sliding back into the pack.

Reminds me of when Penn State joined the big 10.

At one time they were a very strong national power.

Now they once in awhile will get a peak at the top of the conference.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

Kind of like my opinion of Nebraska.

We are the Penn State of the Big 12.

How is the forward pass boring to watch? Three yards and a cloud of dust will not help when it's third and long. What throwing QB plus good WRs want to go to schools that just like to pound the rock for a one yard gain? None. If you cant throw the ball your chances of beating good run defenses are slim. I like the offense. I like the balance. The running game will get there. Come on big daddy, you should know better.

Not so fast. In 1994, we played KState which ended the season with a top 5 running D. We started our 3rd string QB, and we had no problem running on them. I don't put either of our first two oppenents in that strong running D category. Quite simply, we have got to get better at pounding the rock. If we don't, we're going to take some serious lumps this season. It's not like this is the first time we've seen an 8 in the box D before. Every team used to stack the line to stop our run. We've got to be able to find a way to run the ball.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

How is the forward pass boring to watch? Three yards and a cloud of dust will not help when it's third and long. What throwing QB plus good WRs want to go to schools that just like to pound the rock for a one yard gain? None. If you cant throw the ball your chances of beating good run defenses are slim. I like the offense. I like the balance. The running game will get there. Come on big daddy, you should know better.

Not so fast. In 1994, we played KState which ended the season with a top 5 running D. We started our 3rd string QB, and we had no problem running on them. I don't put either of our first two oppenents in that strong running D category. Quite simply, we have got to get better at pounding the rock. If we don't, we're going to take some serious lumps this season. It's not like this is the first time we've seen an 8 in the box D before. Every team used to stack the line to stop our run. We've got to be able to find a way to run the ball.

Yeah but the 8 man in the box defense is why TO ran the option. The option, if ran properly, creates blocking angles and allows you to beat 8-9 defenders stacked in. Once they started to move back or outside a bit, TO would hit them with power runs up the gut. 8-9 in the box for a standard running game is not easy to beat for a balanced offense. The pass is now what the option used to be.

I see what your saying.

However I do like watching the spread when it is ran well like Tech, Mizzzou, or the Spread Option like WV,Florida is fun to watch as well. I also enjoy watching USC ran a Pro Style balanced attack and OU run out of multiple sets. I loved watching NU's offense last year when they knew that no matter what it was going to be a shoot-out KSU, CU, and KU (hated watching the defense though) I guess what I'm saying is I like watching good offenses no matter what they do.

For the record the SJSU game wasn't a good game for good offense. So I didn't enjoy that.

What bores me is offenses like Ohio State or a lot of the Big Ten schools except Illinois and maybe Michigan State.

I thought I was the only one who thought Ohio State and Big 10/11 games were extremely boring. They are just no fun.

I see what your saying.

However I do like watching the spread when it is ran well like Tech, Mizzzou, or the Spread Option like WV,Florida is fun to watch as well. I also enjoy watching USC ran a Pro Style balanced attack and OU run out of multiple sets. I loved watching NU's offense last year when they knew that no matter what it was going to be a shoot-out KSU, CU, and KU (hated watching the defense though) I guess what I'm saying is I like watching good offenses no matter what they do.

For the record the SJSU game wasn't a good game for good offense. So I didn't enjoy that.

What bores me is offenses like Ohio State or a lot of the Big Ten schools except Illinois and maybe Michigan State.

I thought I was the only one who thought Ohio State and Big 10/11 games were extremely boring. They are just no fun.

I can sense many of you HuSKeR FAnS are really preteen boys locked up in your rooms surrounded by posters of your favorite husker players.

Gawd very few of you remember Clint Eastwood and the "Dead Pool"?

And even a few don't remember Penn St as a national power?

Go back to eating your fruit loops babies!

Yeah but the 8 man in the box defense is why TO ran the option. The option, if ran properly, creates blocking angles and allows you to beat 8-9 defenders stacked in. Once they started to move back or outside a bit, TO would hit them with power runs up the gut. 8-9 in the box for a standard running game is not easy to beat for a balanced offense. The pass is now what the option used to be.

A run is a run is a run is a run. It doesn't matter whether it's up the gut, or whether it's an option pitch or sweep. It's still a run, and it's still on an 8 man front. Ganz had a perfect option and perfect pitch only to hit friggin Castille right in the numbers and fumble the damn ball. My point about running the ball is just that: run the ball and take time off the clock. In some sort of fashion, we're going to have to run the ball in order to control the clock and slow the games down. If we don't, we're going to take some serious lumps.

I can sense many of you HuSKeR FAnS are really preteen boys locked up in your rooms surrounded by posters of your favorite husker players.

Gawd very few of you remember Clint Eastwood and the "Dead Pool"?

And even a few don't remember Penn St as a national power?

Go back to eating your fruit loops babies!

That's enough.