Fresno St AND MIAMI on future schedule

kstatehater

Yes, I am sure NMSU would like to have had the Nicholls State game...but not as much as we would like to have had tape of it so we know what to expect. We are pretty much going into this game blind, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We aren't good enough to think that we will just automatically dominate their front line...because frankly, we don't even know what to expect out of OUR team this week....

So all things considered, good thing it's NMSU and not Florida.

:yeah that is a no crapper....

Journal Star

Hardly unfamiliar with playing big games against one another, Nebraska and Miami have agreed to meet in a home-and-home series in 2014 and 2015.

The agreement has the Hurricanes coming to Lincoln on Sept. 20, 2014, and the Huskers going to Miami on Sept. 12, 2015.

This comes a day after it was revealed that Nebraska and Fresno State have reached a deal to play in 2011, 2014 and 2016.

A formal announcement of these games — likely along with another series — is expected soon, Husker officials say.

At this point, Nebraska’s nonconference schedule for 2014 has Miami at home and a road trip to Fresno State. The trip to Miami in 2015 is joined by a home game against Southern Miss.

Miami and Nebraska four times have met in bowl games that have determined the national champion, most recently in the Rose Bowl after the 2001 season.

It was Miami that denied Tom Osborne a national title in the 1984 Orange Bowl, a 31-30 game decided by a failed Husker two-point conversion pass in the final minute.

And it was Miami that Osborne’s team defeated 24-17 in the 1995 Orange Bowl that gave the former Husker coach his first national championship.

The all-time series between the two programs is knotted at 5-5. The team have played four times in the Orange Bowl, once in the Rose Bowl and once in the Gotham Bowl.

The four regular-season contests between the schools came in 1951, 1953, 1975 and 1976. The Huskers are 3-0 against Miami in Lincoln, winning 20-16 in 1953, 31-16 in 1975 and 17-9 in 1976.

Journal Star

Hardly unfamiliar with playing big games against one another, Nebraska and Miami have agreed to meet in a home-and-home series in 2014 and 2015.

The agreement has the Hurricanes coming to Lincoln on Sept. 20, 2014, and the Huskers going to Miami on Sept. 12, 2015.

This comes a day after it was revealed that Nebraska and Fresno State have reached a deal to play in 2011, 2014 and 2016.

A formal announcement of these games — likely along with another series — is expected soon, Husker officials say.

At this point, Nebraska’s nonconference schedule for 2014 has Miami at home and a road trip to Fresno State. The trip to Miami in 2015 is joined by a home game against Southern Miss.

Miami and Nebraska four times have met in bowl games that have determined the national champion, most recently in the Rose Bowl after the 2001 season.

It was Miami that denied Tom Osborne a national title in the 1984 Orange Bowl, a 31-30 game decided by a failed Husker two-point conversion pass in the final minute.

And it was Miami that Osborne’s team defeated 24-17 in the 1995 Orange Bowl that gave the former Husker coach his first national championship.

The all-time series between the two programs is knotted at 5-5. The team have played four times in the Orange Bowl, once in the Rose Bowl and once in the Gotham Bowl.

The four regular-season contests between the schools came in 1951, 1953, 1975 and 1976. The Huskers are 3-0 against Miami in Lincoln, winning 20-16 in 1953, 31-16 in 1975 and 17-9 in 1976.

This is good. By the time we play each other, both teams will hopefully be back to form. :thumbs

This is great. I don't care if both programs are up or down. While not a 'rivalry' in the true sense...this is a storied history between two powerhouse (traditionally) teams. Now with the BCS, the likelyhood of a matchup isn't as likely as it used to be, when it seemed like Nebraska played Miami or FSU every year. this matchup will get HUGE national attention when it comes.

There is no Strength of Schedule in the BCS rankings, it simply doesn't matter.

:corndance uh...I do believe that the computer rankings part of the BCS does take into account the accumulated SOS of teams. With the way they change things all the time, I am not saying that I couldn't be wrong, though.

:corndance uh...I do believe that the computer rankings part of the BCS does take into account the accumulated SOS of teams. With the way they change things all the time, I am not saying that I couldn't be wrong, though.

There used to be an SOS compenent that was used after all the poll averages were figured, that has been removed. However, some of the polls used still have a SOS component, so SOS does matter, if SOS didn't matter the Jayhawks might have been playing Ohio St instead of LSU.

Apparently the computers still have it. The computers removed the margin of victory component. Of course the major component of the BCS is the human polls and they do take SOS and margin of victory into account. Obviously, some voters saw Southern Cal beating the carp out of Virginia to be much more impressive than Ohio State keeping it close against Ohio as the change in ratings following the two victories.

Edit: or I could refresh and see that some one already said that. :waste