I miss stats like these...

np_husker

From journalstar.com:

Aggies hope it goes better this time

Proof Nebraska's offense hasn't always sputtered.

The Huskers' top five total offense games (perhaps Aggies will fare better Saturday night):

1. 883 vs. New Mexico State, 1982. The 883 yards remains a school record. The Huskers' 677 rushing yards that day also established a school record. Big Red rolled up the gigantic rushing number without losing any yards, an NCAA record. NU also had an NCAA-record 36 rushing first downs.

2. 799 at Kansas, 1978. Third-string I-back Craig Johnson runs wild (192 yards on 10 carries), and Nebraska's offense gears up for the following week's showdown against top-ranked Oklahoma by routing Jayhawks 63-21.

3. 790 at Minnesota, 1983. Tom Osborne gets criticized by national media for running up the score in an 84-13 triumph. As the Huskers' tally mounted, the Gophers were blitzing on almost every down.

4. 787 vs. Utah State, 1991. NU rushed for 617 yards and passed for 170. "Get this guys," Osborne cracked after the game. "We threw it 21 times today, so we're throwing the heck out of it."

5. 776 vs. Iowa State, 1995. True freshman Ahman Green carries 12 times for 176 yards and three TDs as Nebraska scores on 11 of 13 drives and never has to punt in a 73-14 triumph.

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Anyone remember when soda was a nickel?

Unfortunately, yes. And gasoline - - - $0.18 per gallon

Yikes!

Before my time I guess.

I remember when the largest chocolate Ice-cream cone you could get at the Dairy Queen was a quarter..And you had to race against time to eat it before it melted ....without getting a brainfreeze.

So..What Offense does USC now run?

I just saw on Espn that Georgia has been running out of the "I" in addition to the Shotgun.

So..What Offense does USC now run?

I just saw on Espn that Georgia has been running out of the "I" in addition to the Shotgun.

Former Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow's offense was described as a simplified West Coast Offense. I would guess Kiffin and Sarkisian kept it that way. Ever humble, Chow himself said 'Look, guys, I'm not that smart. We're going to make this simple, because I can't do all that West Coast stuff. I'm not smart enough.' Anyway, it is based on the Edwards' BYU system of offense which Chow worked in for 27 years before 1 year with NC State and then joining USC in 2001.

And if you want to expand/blow your mind check out this presentation from the Top Gun QB Academy. (Google-fied for ease of viewing. PPT file here.)

Here is an excerpt:

Walsh Offense

* The formation is called by color (Red left / right, Orange Left / Right)

* Motion is called by letter, then by motion (Blue Right, F Short (Flanker short motion)

* The protection is called by number (322 Scat)

* The primary receiver’s route is called, every one else has to memorize their route 72 (protection) X shallow cross (Primary receiver’s route)

o This can get very difficult when you switch up formations and the complimentary receivers now have to switch their routes.

o NOTE: This may be why Notre Dame (under Willingham) and UCLA had a difficult time early on learning and installing their respective West Coast Systems.