9-3 starting to look real

MNBIGRED

9-3 is starting to look like a really valid record for the Huskers this year. I know it's still to early to tell , but if our run game keeps being efficient and the defense keeps playing above par defense I think a 9-3 record is very attainable. The only games I see us really having a difficult time is Missouri, Oklahoma, and TT, and who knows we might win one or two of those.

9-3 is starting to look like a really valid record for the Huskers this year. I know it's still to early to tell , but if our run game keeps being efficient and the defense keeps playing above par defense I think a 9-3 record is very attainable. The only games I see us really having a difficult time is Missouri, Oklahoma, and TT, and who knows we might win one or two of those.

:koolaid2: that was NMS we just played......

I could live with that. It's way to early to tell though.

Not sure if we are going to be able to slow down MO, OU, or TT though. Their offenses are amazing.

easy there... we just beat a team we were supposed to beat. Our fortunes have not changed from last week. I would love 9-3 as much as the next guy but I think that would be about a best case scenario for right now. Those option lanes and rushing lanes will not be as open for the next 9 games.

So, 9-3 possible--sure

we are going 9-3 because we are now a much better team then last week--Not so sure.

Don't kid yourself. KU is going to be a very tough game to win.

They just got beat by a mediocre South Florida team.

And I'd say both teams are still better than us.

Yea way to early man, i was optimistic before i saw the 1st 3 games. Were decent but not great lets be honest. Lets play the hokies to see what we can even partially stand up to a decent oponent and go back from there. I still see missouri and oklahoma as definate losses though. There just blowin up aponents left and right i cant see anything good from them. All else is fair game though.

I don't really agree, I think South Florida is pretty solid. And like Elby said, both teams are still better than us at this point.

Still feel 7-5 is best case scenario, and very possilby 6-6.

The kids played a good game for the most part, against a below average team. VaTech will tell us where we are, and most likely will do it quickly. I think we see just how good this Oline is in that game, and we will see if Lucky runs like last nite or like he does when he has to play a team with real players with attitudes. Still not sold on that kid.

Missouri by close to 30 is my gues today, most likely more by the end of the VaTech game. But I think we will play closer to Texas Tech than I had earlier thought. If they don't get their ducks in a line we have a chance there from what I saw at Reno.

Cream Puffs are over. Real football from here on out. We will see if the heart that was displayed last year rears its ugly head or not.

It's been said before a hundred times... Lucky does not have the "take a busted play and make a big gain out of it" ability that Helu does. And to be fair, I watched Helu get stuffed just as much as Lucky last game when the blocking fell through. If the O-line can't give Lucky something to work with, Lucky will get shut down. But hopefully the bullsh#t talk of him being afraid of contact and not hitting holes was put to rest last game.