New Mexico State travel woes

CornHunka

Saw this on another board, I never heard this

misadventures on last week's trip to Lincoln, Neb.

In part because of Hurricane Ike, the three charter planes the Aggies were supposed to take from Las Cruces to Lincoln were hours late. NMSU arrived at 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

What coach Hal Mumme termed as a poor offensive performance in the game "had more to do with all the events leading up to the game," he said, referring to the late arrival. "There were a lot of ways to lose focus and we weren't that far off."

In part because of Hurricane Ike, the three charter planes the Aggies were supposed to take from Las Cruces to Lincoln were hours late. NMSU arrived at 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

What coach Hal Mumme termed as a poor offensive performance in the game "had more to do with all the events leading up to the game," he said, referring to the late arrival. "There were a lot of ways to lose focus and we weren't that far off."

Sounds like an excuse to me..................... <_<

Just trying to cover up their sorry a** performance. :)

Just trying to cover up their sorry a** performance. :)

and if NU had travel delays before the biggest game on their schedule for the year, and came out and played like sh#t, NU fans would be the first to say the same thing.

sure excuses are like butt holes, everyone has one and they both stink, but having flown alot myself, and had to endure numerous and long delays, i can feel for them a little bit

I think making excuses would be whining about losing their starting center after the first drive, where I might add they drove right down the field. Not a word about it.

They gave us good game, according to how some here feel we are 1 step away from a BCS bowl, beating the 109th rated team the way we did was not that impressive. SC beat number 5 by nearly as many.

Delays while flying really really suck. Getting in that late makes sleep virtually impossible, the one good thing is that it was a nite game.

I think making excuses would be whining about losing their starting center after the first drive, where I might add they drove right down the field. Not a word about it.

They gave us good game, according to how some here feel we are 1 step away from a BCS bowl, beating the 109th rated team the way we did was not that impressive. SC beat number 5 by nearly as many.

Delays while flying really really suck. Getting in that late makes sleep virtually impossible, the one good thing is that it was a nite game.

how do you rank the 109th team this early in the season?? :bang

NOBODY KNOWS WHO IS RANKED WHAT!!!! people have ideas, but even USC isn't a unanimous #1... NMSU isn't going to be a solid "109".... They're making excuses... if this happened to us, sure there'd be excuses... but in the end, it comes down to we didn't get the job done.