A look at Pinkel's past at MU

caveman99

I am not really sure how Pinkel made it as long as he did with the Missouri fans. Now that they have won, I have to wonder how long he would last if he had two bad years in a row again. I don't think they would be that patient...as we wouldn't.

You bring up an interesting point. I have seen a change in the attitudes of MU fans since they have started winning. You can sense the venom against other teams in their message boards. While I think the users on this site do the same to a certain extent, I think it is being taken farther by MU fans. If Pinkel can't recreate this success in the Post-Daniels era, I don't know how patient they will be again. Certainly if the guy who writes in Husker H8ter blog is any indication, I don't think he would last 2 "mediocre" 7-8 win seasons.

if you told me the bad seasons would be 7-8 wins i would buy right now. Most Mu fans know it isnt going to last forever. I for one feel the next 2 years are the most important. If MU doesnt fall of the face of the earth then i think they are here to stay. That doesnt mean top 5 every year. but in and around the top 25 with atleast 7 wins consistantly is a good team. If you throw in some runs of 9-10 wins or more and some top 10 apperiance, i think you would be hard pressed to find a tiger fan not willing to take that deal

Personally, I hope it does last for Missouri...makes our new "rivalry" more fun that way...kind of like Oklahoma and Nebraska was for years, until we decided to expand to the Big 12.

You need to think more positive long term... The only difference with the Huskers is we EXPECT to win...it is all about attitude!!:wacko:

I"ve been long time best Tiger fan and that"S fact. I rember when we beat Navy in Orange Bowl when Joe Beliny was top drawer Hiseman winner. Just to say I"m not fan since last year. This TuffTiger has seen lot"S bad Tiger football. Okay for histroy lesson.

Here"s what i can call good Tiger football program to be proud. Since you"re GBR is many timeS" NAtional Champ some times this can sound like not to good to you and that can be find. If I can one time see Tiger"S as champoin"S can you tell how I would fell? Oh,boy.

Okay and back to list:

1 no bad blow up losses. I remeber some bad one"S like 77-0 toTEX AM. Plus also some to crap poundings by GBr and OU.

2 Play hard

3 Play CLean

4 win at least 7 games.

5 Every 4 or 5 years be TAR.

6 No stupid act players"S. That can be tough since kid"s get full of them and act up.

7 No damn cheating by caoches or AD"s.

Plaus also some one said about GBR to be rival of MU. Could be alreay you know? You have top drawer fanS" to fill you"re house ever game and MU is get back to that. It can take work to get back all fan"S after 20 hard yearS". I will be at Bufflo game early in SAT to have a good tailgate and beer"s. Some beer"s now also.

:moreinteresting

And then this can be to GBR back on pikle; :nanalama best simple"S on internets. FACT.,

Iknow. Real bad spell today. Hacing good time+beer"s.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU..

I will be at Bufflo game early in SAT to have a good tailgate and beer"s. Some beer"s now also.

i love this guy.......so tuff will you be at the MU-ISU game? i would love to have a beer"s with you! you can tailgate with me and some friends, only a few of whom are ISU fans. just think tuff.....GBR and TAH together having a beer"s!

well, im off to have a beer"s myself. but seriously come up to ames for the MU-ISU game and i will hook you up with some beer"s.

I"ve been long time best Tiger fan and that"S fact. I rember when we beat Navy in Orange Bowl when Joe Beliny was top drawer Hiseman winner. Just to say I"m not fan since last year. This TuffTiger has seen lot"S bad Tiger football. Okay for histroy lesson.

Here"s what i can call good Tiger football program to be proud. Since you"re GBR is many timeS" NAtional Champ some times this can sound like not to good to you and that can be find. If I can one time see Tiger"S as champoin"S can you tell how I would fell? Oh,boy.

Okay and back to list:

1 no bad blow up losses. I remeber some bad one"S like 77-0 toTEX AM. Plus also some to crap poundings by GBr and OU.

2 Play hard

3 Play CLean

4 win at least 7 games.

5 Every 4 or 5 years be TAR.

6 No stupid act players"S. That can be tough since kid"s get full of them and act up.

7 No damn cheating by caoches or AD"s.

Plaus also some one said about GBR to be rival of MU. Could be alreay you know? You have top drawer fanS" to fill you"re house ever game and MU is get back to that. It can take work to get back all fan"S after 20 hard yearS". I will be at Bufflo game early in SAT to have a good tailgate and beer"s. Some beer"s now also.

:moreinteresting

And then this can be to GBR back on pikle; :nanalama best simple"S on internets. FACT.,

Iknow. Real bad spell today. Hacing good time+beer"s.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU..

This is quite simply the most entertaining thing I have read in a long while. Thanks TAR!!! Oh and GBR!!!

AD Mike Alden has done a great job at Mizzou, as has Pinkel. Alden's only mistake was Quin Snyder.

Pinkel has been very popular with his players, but rather detached. Until the death on the practice field of Aaron O'Neal. Pinkel himself says he changed after that, and partially credits that change with last season's success.

He has what must be the most loyal staff in the US, 3 assts. with him for 17 seasons. (although I think OC Dave Christiansen will be a HC somewhere next season)

True - the demand for excellence (as in titles) was not as great at Mizzou, but Alden had seen what he did at Toledo, and has believed in him. And, except for 1 season, he's improved over the previous season every year.

I'm a fairly typical MU fan/alum. I'd love a NC this year, but overall, I'm glad we have an honorable, ethical hard working guy running our program.

hard to blame him for that. snyder looked like the real deal coming into MU.