Baylor?? Suprise team of the year!?

bhunt7

They may be able to pull it out and win two conference games with a bit of luck, but they aren't going to really be competitive in the conference yet.

Their QB is quick and agile but he doesn't really run smoothly all the time, he also throws very high or very low on the run.

Their Halfback is also quite quick but he goes down as soon as anyone breathes on him.

Only one wide receiver can catch and he's a freshman, he made some good catches but dropped a crucial at the end of the game as well.

If players don't stay home Griffin can run all day, but if you put pressure on him and take away his first option he tries to hard to make a play and usually it doesn't end well for them.

UConn is a decent lower/middle tier Big East team with a solid coach but not a lot of talent and Baylor matches up well against them, however it didn't seem like UConn ever really figured out what Baylor was trying to do, and their players were just guessing on what was going on half the time.

Baylor has a chance to have a decent future with this group, if they can improve the defense, but they aren't going to do well this season... however thanks to Ron Prince and JUCO State they might not end up with the worst record in the B12.

They may be able to pull it out and win two conference games with a bit of luck, but they aren't going to really be competitive in the conference yet.

Their QB is quick and agile but he doesn't really run smoothly all the time, he also throws very high or very low on the run.

Their Halfback is also quite quick but he goes down as soon as anyone breathes on him.

Only one wide receiver can catch and he's a freshman, he made some good catches but dropped a crucial at the end of the game as well.

If players don't stay home Griffin can run all day, but if you put pressure on him and take away his first option he tries to hard to make a play and usually it doesn't end well for them.

UConn is a decent lower/middle tier Big East team with a solid coach but not a lot of talent and Baylor matches up well against them, however it didn't seem like UConn ever really figured out what Baylor was trying to do, and their players were just guessing on what was going on half the time.

Baylor has a chance to have a decent future with this group, if they can improve the defense, but they aren't going to do well this season... however thanks to Ron Prince and JUCO State they might not end up with the worst record in the B12.

I've seen Griffin in all 4 games this year. With all due respect, your analysis is dead wrong. This guy is a freak of nature and someone who fell right into Baylor's lap. He actually had an offer from NU and about 15 other major D-1 schools (Tennessee, Florida State, etc.) but they weren't to play QB. I believe NU Wanted to make him a safety. I have no reservations in saying that he's the best freshman QB in the country, could be a Heisman contender as early as next year, and can carry this program on his back. He is the most gifted QB in the Big 12. He's yet to throw a pick all year and has 7 TDs, is the 2nd leading rusher on the team, and has already shown his leadership as an 18 year old freshman...This guy has only started 3 games. I recall only 3 passes against UConn that he totally misfired on and one of them was a completion for a first down lol. I'm also not sure if anyone knew this, but UConn had only given up 1 TD all year before this game and it was in cleanup duty against Virginia. Robert Griffin exploited that defense. I read the blog of a UConn player (I'll post the link at the end of this post) where he said that Robert Griffin was the fastest player he'd ever played against and that includes Pat White. He's not just a "running QB". He's accurate and has a cannon. I'm not sure where you got this info from, but Griffin is a very legit player and Tommy Bowden said that he "may be the next great dual-threat quarterback in college football". He's a superstar and it's totally okay to buy into the hype, folks. He has the ability to torch any defense out there. I don't care if it's USC, OU, or LSU. He's that good. I've read articles questioning Terrelle Pryor and why Robert Griffin isn't the QB for Ohio State. The kid is a total player and will contend for the Heisman next year if Baylor can iron out a few kinks in the defense. They have a very legit group of recruits coming in next year, including about 5 very gifted OLs. IT starts in the trenches. Briles is doing things the right way in Waco and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them rise up to Tech stature within the next 2 years. They can make those kinda strides.