Thunder Collins arrested for murder.

Axl_sued_me

I remember reading an article in a local paper that had an interview with Thunder's mother. She was saying how glad she was that he was coming here to get away from the bad elements of their neighborhood in Los Angeles. Omaha is not as bad as L.A. but he seemed to of found the element here.

NOTE: The victims are both from L.A.

North of Blondo and east of 72nd is starting to get pretty seedy. North of Ames is just a hellhole to live in.

That area isn't anymore "seedy" then the rest of Omaha. Northeast around Ames is bad but the area that this happened in isn't any worse then 75% of the City.

Hey, thanks for the info. Having lived near the area the shooting took place I think I'll stick with my assessment.

I remember reading an article in a local paper that had an interview with Thunder's mother. She was saying how glad she was that he was coming here to get away from the bad elements of their neighborhood in Los Angeles. Omaha is not as bad as L.A. but he seemed to of found the element here.

North of Blondo and east of 72nd is starting to get pretty seedy. North of Ames is just a hellhole to live in.

That area isn't anymore "seedy" then the rest of Omaha. Northeast around Ames is bad but the area that this happened in isn't any worse then 75% of the City.

Hey, thanks for the info. Having lived near the area the shooting took place I think I'll stick with my assessment.

Any place EAST of 72nd St is GHETTO!

Yeah that includes dUNdEE .

Man I better bring my Gun next time I go to Famous Dave's or Home Depot then. :moreinteresting

From now on it is nothing but West Omaha for me nothing "seedy" ever goes on out there. <_<

Here was arrested 2 blocks from my house I better move the family. :madash

I really hope Thunder was on the self defense side of this. I feel bad that he had to leave college to take care of his brother (atleast i think that was the excuse used), I really thought he had alot of promise. But obviously the life of hard knocks caught up with him........once a thug always a thug. But like I said hopefully he is exonerated, but if not he deserves his due punishment.

My buddy lives 4 blocks from where the shooting took place and it is a pretty nice neighborhood. It is all perception. Some think every pocket in the city that isn't part of a gated community/coventry is ghetto. Whatever, those are entitled to their opinions.

Sorry we all can't be rich like you and have mommy and daddy pay for everythng.

No crime out West is there? That is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. Buffet one of the richest men in the Freaking World lives in the Ghetto? That is awesome.

West Omaha = Good Life :sarcasm

Any place else in Omaha = Ghetto :madash

Yeah just another person who thinks they can only survive with rich white people. He probably preaches to his children to stay away from minorities and those people "over there." You can't help everyone newearth, best move on.....we all can't live in a cookiecutter neightborhood. In fact, I'm just going to burn my house in Benson. It's junk, it's a rats nest, and there are poeople that aren't white here.

Man I better bring my Gun next time I go to Famous Dave's or Home Depot then. :moreinteresting

From now on it is nothing but West Omaha for me nothing "seedy" ever goes on out there. <_<

Here was arrested 2 blocks from my house I better move the family. :madash

Wow, way to put a few words in my mouth. :thumbs

I don't ever recall saying West O didn't have "seedy" elements or that the area this took place was the ghetto, I was just commenting on my old neighborhood.

It is unfortunate that this happened so close your home and family, nothing shatters the illusion of security quite like an event like this.

If you feel the need to move your family, I sure as heck won't judge you for it. All it took for me was the police finding the neighbors kid, with a gaping hole in his head, on the street just to the north of my old house. Probably 4 blocks from yours.

But he wasn't "allegedly" shot by a former Husker, nor was he important enough to make the news.

You may not agree with what I've said on this, but to say that this area is just like 75% of Omaha is not acurate.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry we all can't be rich like you and have mommy and daddy pay for everythng.

:yeah

No crime out West is there? That is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. Buffet one of the richest men in the Freaking World lives in the Ghetto? That is awesome.

West Omaha = Good Life :sarcasm

Any place else in Omaha = Ghetto :madash

And honestly...probably the ritziest neighborhood in omaha (meaning people with lots of money not those living beyond their means...is east of 69th street...so that must be super ghetto.......hmm?

Before we went off on the location locaation location tangent. We were talking about a shooting involving Thunder Collins. Am I wrong or is this not the first shooting story involving Mr. Collins? I seem to remember something of the same nature last fall. Please correct me if I'm warong/ Don't want to spread rumors.